Thailand ready to be production hub for electric appliances

Lite Beer

Thailand ready to be production hub for electric appliances
By English News

1399189531194-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, May 4 - Thailand is ready to become the production hub for electrical appliances following the upcoming launch of the ASEAN Economic Community (AEC) and improved signs of exports to US and Japanese markets.

Nantawan Sakultanak, director-general of the International Trade Promotion Department, said the value of electric appliances exports reached over US$6 billion. She believed the sector's export this year will reach its target of a five-per cent expansion.

She said the export trend for electric appliances this year should adjust positively compared to last year, as the world's economy this year expanded higher than last year, while US and Japanese markets have started to pick up with better purchasing power and Asian economies have seen signs of improvements.

Thailand has set a goal of electric appliances exports this year at US$24.1 billion or a 5 per cent expansion. In Q1, the country could see a growth of 4.9 per cent export in the business worth US$5.8 billion.

Items to be exported more in June and July this year are television sets and digital television sets due to the upcoming World Cup tournament next month. The market share for Japan, US and China together account for 35 per cent, while markets with high growth potential are the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Vietnam and South Korea. (MCOT online news) ‎

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-05-04

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a friend who's brother in law works at the Samsung plant in Thailand.

He told me that when the Korean bosses come over a lot of scolding and shouting happens .

I'm not sure if this is a sign that they are very satisfied with the work and intend to expand in Thailand.

• Like 2

When I was but a young sprog in the 1950's in England all the cheap tat was marked ''Made in Hong Kong.''w00t.gif

It would seem as if Thailand is attempting to follow that trading image some 60+ years later.whistling.gif

Let's just check out the house or condo wiring and the standard of electrical work here in Thailand.facepalm.gif

Thailand, the hub of imitation not innovation.

Actually, in the early 70s most crappy plastic toys or other cheap tat had a golden label stuck to its bottom saying "Made in Thailand"....... unless that was the beggining of Chinese innovation, whereby they placed such labels so as to not lose face. giggle.gif

As for electrical appliances.... I have sooner let my son have a stop over in 'Neverland' with MJ, than let him play with an electrical appliance made in Thailand today.

• Like 2

When I was but a young sprog in the 1950's in England all the cheap tat was marked ''Made in Hong Kong.''w00t.gif

It would seem as if Thailand is attempting to follow that trading image some 60+ years later.whistling.gif

Let's just check out the house or condo wiring and the standard of electrical work here in Thailand.facepalm.gif

Thailand, the hub of imitation not innovation.

Actually, in the early 70s most crappy plastic toys or other cheap tat had a golden label stuck to its bottom saying "Made in Thailand"....... unless that was the beggining of Chinese innovation, whereby they placed such labels so as to not lose face. giggle.gif

As for electrical appliances.... I have sooner let my son have a stop over in 'Neverland' with MJ, than let him play with an electrical appliance made in Thailand today.

I think you'll find that was 'Made in Taiwan'. Mind you, if any country had made toys that included batteries so you could actually play with them on Christmas Day we wouldn't have given a toss where they were made. thumbsup.gif

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

Flexing to become an early

adapter?

.......erm,ohm I'm shocked,shocked,

kindly give me a buzz if anyone knows how to

insulate myself from

watt's current.perhaps call the hub of local government the

ampere office?

China.....impossible for Thailand to compete.........all the eletrical appliances in my home here in Thailand and from China.....any appliances that are made in Thailand break, give you a shock, melt, stop working.....I don't know what they do, but whatever it is, they <deleted> up!

Firstly, hey'll have to stop their staff opening the electrical product's boxes and rummaging through them, before they can become a hub.

I don't know how many times I've bought a product and found candy wrappers inside the box, together, with the item.

this is a joke, right, I mean they cannot be serious, that would mean they actually have to do something and not use totally cheap,sh*tty components and then put them together right. I honestly doubt that would be possible here after seeing how everything electrical you buy(made in Thailand) falls to pieces or just stops working after a few months.

I have to agree with you 100%

Every appliance or gadget I have bought in Thailand is crap, breaks soon after purchase or 1 day after warranty expires.

Then try getting service from the same company ... lol .. not likely

• Like 1

I have a Samsung 8kg washing machine used several times a week for over 5 years and not one problem.

Made in Thailand, simply amazing.

I have an 11kg Samsung machine used at least once a day. it is 9 months old and the Samsung service techs have been here 4 times to keep it functioning.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Question: How many Thais do you need to fill a perfume or body lotion bottle?

Answer 5 !!!

Step 1: One for unscrewing the top and placing it in a mold.

Step 2: One for filling it.

Step 3: One for screwing the top on it, numbering it and place it on another mold with a template / measuring device on it.

Step 4: One for quality control, checking the volume (measuring the air bubble) and sending it back to the first one when it doesn't pass QC or passing it on to Step 5, the cleaner.

Step 5: One cleaner of the bottle in order to have it stickered.

Question: How many Thais do you need to put a simple sticker on a (perfume) bottle ???

Answer: 3 !!!

Step 6: One for putting the bottle in the right position in a mold.

Step 7: One for putting the sticker on the bottle.

Step 8: One supervisor for quality control of the previous two.

Result: more than 15% of the bottles are passing the quality control (step 8) while the stickers are placed upside down or placed at the wrong side.

Then return to Step 5 who has to take the sticker off, clean the bottle and return it to Step 6.

Step 9: Have them foiled and packed by the dozen (12 pcs). (sometimes 10 or 11 pieces). 13 pieces don't fit in a pack, except in Thailand !!!

This step requires at least 2 Thai.

And we still have a 5% loss due to stickers on the wrong way, wrong volume, numbers or broken bottles when they try to pack 13, 14 or even 15 pieces in a pack that really can't contain more than 12 bottles !!! I have often heard their excuse: "Not have calculator" !!!

That is why they have invented "Robots" !!!

Or, in a nutshell: The complete lack of the understanding of the concept of "Productivity". This is called by some Thai-Apologists as "Thainess". Let's see how far the concept of "Thainess" goes in this globalized world.

Cheers.

I have a Samsung 8kg washing machine used several times a week for over 5 years and not one problem.

Made in Thailand, simply amazing.

I have the same but i guess it is a korean design and QC is controlled by koreans, i still have a trafo which i received in the post from a thai company...never even worked out the box...not even the LED lit up, mailed the company and no answer.

And if you import a good makers brand....you pay a whopping great import tax, and the cost of freight is included in the calculation....

Try that in a country that's got a honest system properly in place, and you wouldn't be in business at all.

• Like 2