Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

webfact

Jeremy Clarkson: BBC gave me final warning

LONDON: -- Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson says the BBC has told him he will be sacked if he makes "one more offensive remark, anywhere, at any time".

Writing in the Sun, Clarkson insisted he did not use a racist word while reciting the nursery rhyme Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe in an out-take from the show that was published by the Daily Mirror.

Although he mumbles the word, Clarkson begins by saying the letter "n".

The BBC says it "left him in no doubt about how seriously we view this".

'Begging forgiveness'
Clarkson was initially accused of using the "n-word" on Thursday by the Daily Mirror, which said it had hired "audio forensic experts" to analyse the clip it had obtained.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-27266102

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-05-05

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Daily Mirror, which said it had hired "audio forensic experts" to analyse the clip it had obtained.

Unbelievable that these days audio forensic experts are hired to find something to destroy someones career.

Isn't such a practice racist on itself?

• Like 1

Just a matter of time now. Like Piers Morgan, he doesn't know when to shut up. It's like a birth defect.

Anyone think Al Jazeera will hire him?

If he cares to cross the pond I think Fox News would be interested, but I don't think ol' Jer would appreciate having to read from their hymn book. Pratt that he may be, I can't see him sharing a laugh with Sarah Palin.

• Like 2

the Daily Mirror, which said it had hired "audio forensic experts" to analyse the clip it had obtained.

Unbelievable that these days audio forensic experts are hired to find something to destroy someones career.

No....no it isn't

"Double secret probation."

If he'd said "Catch a tiger by the toe", he'd have the World Wildlife Fund on his back.

Or at least a few tigers.

As a kid I only remember hearing "tiger" used in this nursery rhyme.

No....no it isn't

Yes it is (nt)

But its a huge abuse against freedom of speach

Language its self will be banned and we will need to resort back to pre cave man noises, ah. mmm, oooor, grrr, ah!

Edited by newermonkey
  • Like 1

The N word is only for the N's. that's a joke to me. if they say it it's cool, when we do it's racism. what a load of...get over it people of colour...those days are gone

...wonder if he can get away with pot kettle black lol

I'm off to have a tea and a golliwogcoffee1.gif

• Like 1

he BBC will sack him and he'll go to ITV or SKY for a whopping fee....

Which is ironic, given what happened to Andy Grey & Richard keys.

And Ron Atkinson.......Apparently `Top Gear` makes millions ,it is very popular world wide .

The Thought Police strike again or so it seems.

Typical left - wing controlled media trash.

Jeremy Clarkson is not a bad person, not a thief, not a murderer.

The so-called audio forensic experts could easily make something sound racist whatever was said.

It's quite easy to manipulate any recording to make it sound like the person said something else instead of what they actually said merely by enhancing certain parts of speech.

I have seen the recording in question and yes Clarkson does mumble something which sounds like the "n" word is being used, well Whoopy Dooo!!

Let's see if we can enhance it to make it more clear.

On the other hand maybe this is just a publicity stunt to net more viewers for Top Gear.

BBC, Clarkson and co laughing all the way to the bank.

"This programme with JC and his two other presenters is the most widely watched TV show in the World"

I believe this is more accurate, it is from IMDb

"Top Gear is a British television series about motor vehicles, primarily cars, and is the world's most widely watched factual television programme."

The emphasis is mine. But no matter how you cut it, it appears to be a massively popular program.

I taught at a mostly black high school in USA. Black students wanted to be allowed to call each other the "n" word, which is fairly common term in the street. I told them if they can use it, but I can't (because I am white) then it is discriminatory and racist, so it was not allowed. Which makes me wonder why the PC crowd doesn't get all over rappers that use the "n" word.... they are modeling vocabulary for the masses, they are the ones that keep that term alive. Is it because they are black? Probably. So I make the argument (again) that allowing certain groups to use a term when others can't is racist.

I agree, if a certain word is banned or deemed racist, it should be the same for whatever colour you are, otherwise surely that is racist.

It should be equally the same for everything. Why is there a Black Police Commission, Black Music Channel, etc? Just imagine the outcry if someone wanted a White Police Commision, White Music Channel, etc.

he BBC will sack him and he'll go to ITV or SKY for a whopping fee....

Don't bet on it. If the BBC boots him, he'll be damaged goods and appear to be a loose cannon who can't control himself. No disrespect to the many here who love the guy, but I tried watching his show a few times and found his so-called humor arrogant and annoying and clicked away to another show.