Bangkok: Man 'accidentally' shoots 2 at rally site

webfact

Man 'accidentally' shoots 2 at rally site
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Nakhon Si Thammarat man, arrested for shooting and slightly wounding two women at a People's Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime rally on Sunday night, claimed his gun went off accidentally, Nang Lerng police investigator Pol Lt-Colonel Anurak Pimpa said yesterday.

The suspect Thawat Rassadorn, 29, initially faced three charges: reckless action causing injury to others, having a gun and ammunition without permission and carrying a weapon in public without permission.

Thawat will be taken to Southern Bangkok Criminal Court today to apply for detention pending an investigation.

Vendor Phichit Rungreungpanit, 52, and protester Papassorn Chiangsaen, 46, were injured in the shooting, which occurred near the boxing arena on Rajdamnoen Nok Road.

Thawat reportedly told police he was about to go to sleep in a tent when the gun went off accidentally, leading to the injuries. He said he bought the gun in Prachin Buri and had been at the protest for a week.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-06

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vendor Phichit Rungreungpanit, 52, and protester Papassorn Chiangsaen, 46, were injured in the shooting, which occurred near the boxing arena on Rajdamnoen Nok Road.

Very very unlucky these ladies. Just the other day they were injured by a ping pong bomb.

• Like 1

It is an accident. It is just an isolated event. It won't happen again.

This guy is a red shirt spy trying to discredit the yellow. The guard will be more careful next time, and will dump sky into the river before they can cause trouble.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

For such a long time Suthepistas on this forum have been saying that all these shootings are red shirt related and that "protesters don't shoot themsleves". Now it transpires they do shoot each other. Complete silence.

Well not complete silence , for a piece-full country, so the image says, there sure is a lot of military styled hard-wear out there.

Somebody please explain to me how a gun that is being used correctly "goes off accidentally".

I'm assuming either

a) it was a dodgy home made contraption (which would make hitting two people unlikely as they are often single shot)

or

B) the silly fool was walking around with a round chambered and the safety off

or

c) other..

• Like 1

For such a long time Suthepistas on this forum have been saying that all these shootings are red shirt related and that "protesters don't shoot themsleves". Now it transpires they do shoot each other. Complete silence.

So the murdered children killed themselves. So all the other victims of violence did it to themselves. You really think that?

Yes this idiot had a gun, but your follow up conclusion is just wrong.

No sane person would ever think that the murder of the children in Bangkok was a deliberate act. If you can accept that it was an accidental murder then you must also have doubts about whether it was RED or Yellow hand that made the mistake.

My response was to the implications in the post I quoted. I am sure it was the reds who carried out that attack as their celebrations on a red rally stage later on showed.

Where did you get that I thought that cowardly attack was an accident? I don't think it was an accident at all, it was a deliberate, violent, indiscriminate attack that caused deaths.

That is murder and the scum who carried out that attack and all other attacks on all sides should go to gaol for a long time.

I think you are both partially right and partially wrong.

It is likely that the attack was deliberate with no thought given to who would be injured or killed, as long is they were protestors.

It is very unlikely that the children were specifically targetted.

Opinion only.

• Like 2

What an idiot, though I understand the need to defend yourself against the Reds by doing so they are only hurting their cause. I hope he gets prosecuted, i know I would want that if i got shot even if he is on the same side. Its bad enough guards are needed and armed but if everyone is going to carry guns and stuff they will be no better as the red shirts. So stop bringing guns, its not as if fire fights are a constant thing and defending against cowards that throw grenades that you don't see guns are not useful.

• Like 1

Somebody please explain to me how a gun that is being used correctly "goes off accidentally".

I'm assuming either

a) it was a dodgy home made contraption (which would make hitting two people unlikely as they are often single shot)

or

B) the silly fool was walking around with a round chambered and the safety off

or

c) other..

Mike,

Probably "a". Some of the homemade guns around here are pretty scary.

The funny thing is, the same thing happened to me a couple nights ago when I was on a mattress with two ladies--gun went off accidentally.

Fortunately, there were no injuries but it sure ruined the evening.

No sane person would ever think that the murder of the children in Bangkok was a deliberate act. If you can accept that it was an accidental murder then you must also have doubts about whether it was RED or Yellow hand that made the mistake.

My response was to the implications in the post I quoted. I am sure it was the reds who carried out that attack as their celebrations on a red rally stage later on showed.

Where did you get that I thought that cowardly attack was an accident? I don't think it was an accident at all, it was a deliberate, violent, indiscriminate attack that caused deaths.

That is murder and the scum who carried out that attack and all other attacks on all sides should go to gaol for a long time.

I think you are both partially right and partially wrong.

It is likely that the attack was deliberate with no thought given to who would be injured or killed, as long is they were protestors.

It is very unlikely that the children were specifically targetted.

Opinion only.

Yes, i didn't say they deliberately attacked children. However that was the consequence of their cowardice.

• Like 1

People's Army to Overthrow the Thaksin Regime?

How is an armed civilian militia created to overthrow an elected government not seditious and treasonous? It would seem it is not when it's in Bangkok and supports the Suthep/PDRC/Democrat efforts to seat an unelected council to takeover the government. Yet, in Northern Thailand PTP supporter's "talk" about providing armed support for the current administration to protect its from violent overthrow grabs the attention of the Thailand Army who threatens an armed crackdown on such Northern dissidents as being seditious and treasonous. And it's a wonder that people have the perception that is a de facto existence of two states in Thailand?

• Like 1

Thawat reportedly told police he was about to go to sleep in a tent when the gun went off accidentally

Thawat: Ohhh, tired, sleepy, yawn, going to bed now...hmmm, sweet, shiny gun, my prrrecious, let's cuddle, I tickle you - ooops, it went off - accident, what happened? I was only tickling you like this - ooops, it went off again - hmmm, should I take the bullets out? No, it wouldn't be the same, it would be different!

Bravo to the PDRC guards. The intense training they have received over recent weeks has really paid off. This scallywag has an accidental firearm discharge and the guards arrest him and hand him over to the police. He is not injured , there was no reported beatings or kidnappings.

I am sure this scallywag will also be facing a ban from future PDRC rallies to ensure that the official American stance that these rallies are peaceful remain just that….Peaceful..

Well done PDRC.

Bravo to the PDRC guards. The intense training they have received over recent weeks has really paid off. This scallywag has an accidental firearm discharge and the guards arrest him and hand him over to the police. He is not injured , there was no reported beatings or kidnappings.

I am sure this scallywag will also be facing a ban from future PDRC rallies to ensure that the official American stance that these rallies are peaceful remain just that….Peaceful..

Well done PDRC.

This intense training that's been happening over recent weeks ,according to you, what happened in the case of Col. Witthawat Wattanakul, who was brutally beaten and shot at by the peaceful guards, just 9 days ago. Did they forget their intensive training on that occasion? Bravo to the PDRC guards indeed, keeping themselves restrained like that, not even a hint of a beating, is worthy of praise to the highest rooftops. Now if only they can keep these peaceful armed scallywags under control all will be well.

I doubt that this armed "scallywag" will be banned from future rallies. Surely they need all the armed forces they can muster for their final battle whistling.gif ?

Oh, just one more thing. Could you provide a link proving your statement "official American stance that these rallies are peaceful"? The spokesman for the American Embassy in Bangkok said that the US wanted to see a peaceful solution to the ongoing crisis but that's not the same is it? They might have even been alarmed by the "peaceful protesters" actions on the 19th December

On 19 December over 500 protesters led by the Network of Students and People for Reform of Thailand (NSPRT) broke away from a large demonstration organised by the People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State and marched to the US Embassy, which was located on Wireless Road.

Mr. Uthai Yodmanee and Mr. Nititorn Lamluea, leaders of the NSPRT, said they want US President Barack Obama to remove US Ambassador Kristy Kenny from her position, accusing Ms. Kenny of tacitly supporting the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra by saying in previous interviews that she endorses the new election called by Ms. Yingluck.

Ms. Kenny′s statement has angered the protesters so much that one speaker on PCAD rally stage threatened to lead the protesters to storm into the US Embassy as a retaliation.

There were moments when it appeared the protesters were bent on breaking into the heavily fortified compound yesterday, with the NSPRT leaders demanding that the police retreat from their position around the embassy.

However, after a negotiation with Lumpini Police, the NSPRT agreed to withdraw from the embassy, but only after they raised the Thai national flag onto a makeshift flagpole and sang national anthem.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/690858-chiang-mai-red-shirts-vow-support-for-us-ambassador/

I thought djjamie was being sarcastic.