webfact

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By
Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

I am positive that Suthep will agree with you, as Abhisit does what his boss Suthep tells him to do.

You seem to have missed the part where Suthep doesn't quite agree with Abhisit's proposal.

.........and all of you seemed to have missed the news that it is the commerce minister.

Well, that might be what the Reds would have one believe, but we all aren't convinced yet. Edited by ubonjoe
fixed broken quotes

wwest5829, on 07 May 2014 - 17:01, said:
Bkkbound, on 07 May 2014 - 13:57, said:

One of the biggest problems Thailand has is its repeated failure to take out the shin clan and this ridiculous scenario where people ask what will Taksin do next, until he is taken out of the storyline by whatever means necessary then the saga will continue and the country will carry on in its self destructive direction.

While I do not discount Taksin's status currently, I do not think without him we would witness a return to pre-Taksin politics. For all his faults he awakened the majority poor to vote and demand attention to their problems. Perception is critical, he is perceived as having done more than previous leaders. Thus he raised expectations. The genie will not be put back in the bottle. Some will denounce "populist" policies but responding to the needs of the people is critical if you do not want a continuation of the current status.

+1

Sorry, but ran out of me "likes" today.

Good post and thank you very much. wai.gif

Win

a Man U fan. w00t.gif

One of the biggest problems Thailand has is its repeated failure to take out the shin clan and this ridiculous scenario where people ask what will Taksin do next, until he is taken out of the storyline by whatever means necessary then the saga will continue and the country will carry on in its self destructive direction.

While I do not discount Taksin's status currently, I do not think without him we would witness a return to pre-Taksin politics. For all his faults he awakened the majority poor to vote and demand attention to their problems. Perception is critical, he is perceived as having done more than previous leaders. Thus he raised expectations. The genie will not be put back in the bottle. Some will denounce "populist" policies but responding to the needs of the people is critical if you do not want a continuation of the current status.

And that is the hub of the problem. A large part of the electorate has now become politicised. They may still take any bribe now offered to vote BUT they will now vote for who they want and they don't want Suthep. They know the Shin clan was corrupt but it was no different than previous regimes. Taksin knew this and took advantage of it. I doubt if he realised what he had actually achieved.

Thailand doesn't do anything, it is an abstract country. It is the people who change things. During his tenure, Thaksin did more good for Thailand than any other PM had ever done, that is why he made Thai history by starting a second tenure. Whereas, the Democrats have never ever been voted in, which lets you know where the peoples hearts are. There is no self destruct, this has been engineered by Suthep and his puppy Abhisit.

• Like 1

RT@AP: BREAKING: Thai court orders most of Thai Cabinet out of office along with prime minister.

Seems that it is 9 in total - not sure that is most of them though as the PTP strategist suggests that 20 others still remain.

These events always take time. Get the big ones first then the smaller tenacious ones usually follow.

post-9891-0-29596000-1399457777_thumb.jp

A bit like this.

• Like 1

There seems to be a problem in that the newly announced PM is not an MP, and therefore cannot be appointed PM. As ALL ministers were urged to give up their seats to allow for more PTP bums on seats, is another of Thaksin's "cunning plans" going to bite his arse?

• Like 1

I do support democracy, and if the people of Thailand choose Thaksin's family by an honest election, so be it. However, Yinglock was guilty of corruption and should be removed. Now let the people decide who comes next. Win, lose, or draw, the political parties of Thailand would support an honest election if they want this to be a true democracy by the will of the people. If you lose this time, campaign, educate, and debate better next time. A lot of people are worried what will happen next, as am I, but this is also an opportunity to right some wrongs. Admittedly, very doubtful it will happen but, just sayin'. What would be great, completely unlikely but great, is if the political parties exercised some bipartisanship to establish a security and monitoring election oversight group with equal representation from all parties in Thailand. Checks and balances. i just want to hear the true choice of the Thai majority, exempt from corruption and bought votes.

Get it right please. She has not been found guilty of corruption. facepalm.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

This is such a shame. I do believe that Yingluck was the best PM Thailand has ever had. Better even than her brother. She had a modern sense of politics, and like Bill Clinton, could "feel the pain" of ordinary voters. In her entire time in office she barely made a mistake (I assume changing the amnesty bill in the middle of the night to exonerate Thaksin, Abhisit and Suthep as well as ordinary protestors was her brother's idea). She handled the floods extremely well, rebuilt Thailand's image in the international community after the damage caused by the nativist ultra-nationalists, and then managed the long protests in a peaceful way (unlike the previous government).

But she had to go to appease the appetite for power of the ammart. They could not find anything substantive against her so they started making stuff up, and showing their misogynistic side, starting referring to her by all sorts of rude, demeaning sexual terms (a practice copied by many of the posters here).

Goodbye YS, and God bless you.

Making stuff up? So you think the nepotism was ok?

I do support democracy, and if the people of Thailand choose Thaksin's family by an honest election, so be it. However, Yinglock was guilty of corruption and should be removed. Now let the people decide who comes next. Win, lose, or draw, the political parties of Thailand would support an honest election if they want this to be a true democracy by the will of the people. If you lose this time, campaign, educate, and debate better next time. A lot of people are worried what will happen next, as am I, but this is also an opportunity to right some wrongs. Admittedly, very doubtful it will happen but, just sayin'. What would be great, completely unlikely but great, is if the political parties exercised some bipartisanship to establish a security and monitoring election oversight group with equal representation from all parties in Thailand. Checks and balances. i just want to hear the true choice of the Thai majority, exempt from corruption and bought votes.

Get it right please. She has not been found guilty of corruption. facepalm.giffacepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

...yet.

BTW there is a very fine line, if any, between abuse of office and corruption. Right?

• Like 1

By

Is anyone really surprised by this pre-determined decision? I doubt it. Now it's just a matter of who will be next in to lead the govt until the election

I think Abhisit would be a good choice, as it would enable him to oversee his reform proposal.

I am positive that Suthep will agree with you, as Abhisit does what his boss Suthep tells him to do.

You seem to have missed the part where Suthep doesn't quite agree with Abhisit's proposal.

Gee, and I thought Suthep was married. But I guess Abhisit is handsome LOL

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

There won't be a civil war; the government has tanks and F16s, whereas the Reds don't even have the farmers' tractors any more.

• Like 2

If we have a civil war will the expats be asked to leave the country? Or will they still be safe for them to live here?

It will probably be safe in red areas, but dangerous in yellow areas. The reds accept international human rights and democracy norms, but the yellows reject them in favour of wholly Thai concepts of justice and democracy. Consequently when questioned they react violently (I believe the ultra nationalists attacked a German reporter today for daring to question their narrative).

This changes very little, she even said she wanted to be out politics anyway. But still I'm happy to see her go and also it has actually rained here in HH for the3 first time in 3 months, so it isn't insanely hot, 2 great events in 1 day clap2.gif

How much did the Thai aristocrats paid Thailand's Constitutional Court. Or maybe they are in the gang of aristocrats. Shit will happen now. May Buddha be with all Thais.

I thought taxi handed out the brown paper bags.

Thaksin's lawyers tried to buy off the judges with cash stuffed inside a lunch box.

It will probably be safe in red areas, but dangerous in yellow areas. The reds accept international human rights and democracy norms, but the yellows reject them in favour of wholly Thai concepts of justice and democracy. Consequently when questioned they react violently (I believe the ultra nationalists attacked a German reporter today for daring to question their narrative).
Safe in red areas unless the reds are trying to roll over an oil tanker lorry you mean?

The world knows that the self destruction of Thailand started with the coup in 2006, also the army knows that's why they stay on the sideline now.

There won't be a civil war; the government has tanks and F16s, whereas the Reds don't even have the farmers' tractors any more.

Actually, there could be civil war. The reason there has not already been a coup is that, unlike in 2006, the army is now divided, and if one part tries to have a coup, the other could resist. So, maybe both sides have tanks and F16s.

Also, you refer to "the government". Actually, that is PT, and unlikely to go to war with the reds. I think you mean, when you say government, the army or ammart.

Just more criminal court activities, Charlerm devides the country, commits massive criminal acts and nothing done. Yet Yingluck wasn't even the person whom removed the person but since she didn't stop it, she is removed. Yup seems legit.

The best part about all of this is, in the short time she has been PM she has managed to go to court and be removed.

Yet the mass murder Abisit hasn't and is still in a Government position. When wil lthe murder be put in jail? Oh wait that's right he is on the other side they don't go to court, jail or held responible for any of their actions.

Well at least when someone comes along and removes the justice system to revamp it all will understand.

Very sad day for Thailand

I find it amazing that all these foreign people are ignoring this and cheering on these murderers. Must be their bar bimbo girlfriends telling them or did they come here cause they were unable to understand democracy in their own countries

Are you any different? Your idol Thaksin is not different only more though. Or have just started to follow Thai politics. By your logic many leaders in many countries are in the same position. But I believe you only writing what you are told.

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

Reds will win the next election in a landslide because they united and improved the lives of the great majority of Thais to the chagrin of a selfish and greedy anti-democratic few.

This is the expected and predicted high water mark for the coup-mongers.

It's all downhill from here for the geriatric meddling retired generals, the plutocrats, the Democrats and Suthep and his paid thugs.

(Abhisit barely rates a mention such is his irrelevance nowadays)

The struggle that began in 1932 is finally coming to a just conclusion.

It's now RED TIME in Thailand

For Thaksin and his hard-line followers the objective has never merely been elections but rather total State Power which he has regularly but continuously failed at achieving. Same old propaganda though: money laundering masquerading as liberation.

The world knows that the self destruction of Thailand started with the coup in 2006, also the army knows that's why they stay on the sideline now.
The downward spiral began when Thaksin decided he wanted it all.

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

Reds will win the next election in a landslide because they united and improved the lives of the great majority of Thais to the chagrin of a selfish and greedy anti-democratic few.

This is the expected and predicted high water mark for the coup-mongers.

It's all downhill from here for the geriatric meddling retired generals, the plutocrats, the Democrats and Suthep and his paid thugs.

(Abhisit barely rates a mention such is his irrelevance nowadays)

The struggle that began in 1932 is finally coming to a just conclusion.

It's now RED TIME in Thailand

Red Tide!!! Communism will never work in Thailand, as most Thais like to run their own business and make money. During the 70s when most surrounding countries had communist problems Thailand was one of the only countries in the area that did not buy it hook, line and sinker.