PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

Well they just did! and they are backed by CAPO, the CC court explicitly stated that they cannot appoint a pm, leaving the door wide open for the cabnet to do it. and it has already been done. There is no chance the king will intervene, he approves anything the government sends over as process.

First of all, I breathe a sigh of relief when I heard this news, despite all this gloating by anti-gov posters:
THIS IS A HUGE BLOW TO THE PAD/PDRC and dems
Now the caretaker gov is stable and the courts are out of ammunition, so the one part of the government that is on the pdrc's side, is neutralized, if the pdrc sabatoges another election, it will simply cause the PT gov to carry on for another 2 months..

Their whole hope was that there would be a vacuum and then the senate would be able to put a dem in, not gonna happen..

As for Yingluck, worst scenario is she gets a 5 year ban, she can work in a support role in that time or she has her pick of several conglomerates that would have her as CEO.

In 5 years she's back and I think she will win again, people underestimate how popular this attractive, charming lady is; she was PT #1 list by a landslide, which itself wins by a landslide, and now Thaksin is permanently out because NO GOV will ever mess with an amnesty bill again, amnesty bills have in effect become illegal.

That means Yingluck is still the most powerful person in Thai politics today, the upcoming PT premiers will simply be keeping her Chair warm until she comes back.

Don't forget the proposed Pm has to be approved by the King .. also I'm not entirely sure that the caretaker government can ACTUALLY name the new PM.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
Edited by pkspeaker

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the record: all those westerners who are now dancing on YL's grave will be eating their words in three years. This solved nothing and only makes it worse. I'm sorry for what the anti-government people wished for because they got it. Westerners who come to Thailand from democratic countries but support this fascist decision are the biggest hypocrites of all.

If you are trying to say anyone who disagrees with Yingluck and cronies as being un-democratic, well please tell us what's democratic what this Government have done? Any person from a Democratic country who had to put up with what this Government have done, would have had Yingluck etc removed a long, long time ago.

Let's imagine it the other way.

In a parallel universe,

* British Prime Minister David Cameron wastes government time trying to get his corrupt and convict on the run brother back into the country as a free man.

* Cameron tries to bring in a bill that will whitewash his Government and family's crimes and corruption, in the name of "it will resolve political differences and bring Britain together.

* Cameron sees 500 billion pounds of tax payer's money fall away through a corrupted Fox Hunting pledge scheme.

* Cameron brings in his brother in law as Chancellor of the Exchequer and other members of his family in top cabinet positions.

Do you think for one moment, the British courts and people will stand for all of that? No, not at all. Not in a democratic government and country.

Democracy is about the people, not a family.

That is an absolutely ridiculous post. A democracy is about letting the people decide who they want to govern them. If they want a corrupt government, that is their decision. If the opposition thought they could win an election, they would contest it. The fact that a corrupt PTP party wins every elections says something about the opposition. If you removed every government that was corrupt or performed badly mid term, no government anywhere in the world would serve its full term. Get real.

• Like 1

Regarding the courts in Thailand, over the past 25 years I have been on the board of directors of 6 Thai companies. In that capacity, I represented four of those companies on 9 occasions, both as plaintiff and as defendant, before civil and criminal Courts of first instance, the Labor Court, and the Intellectual Property and International Trade Court. In addition, I have spent 100's of hours working with private attorneys and public prosecutors. In every instance, I felt that the hearings and trials were conducted fairly and impartially by judges who conducted the proceedings so as to reveal the facts of the cases.

I do not, of course, have any direct experience with the Constitutional Court other than having listened to and read portions of their judgements. But if its justices are of the caliber of those judges that I have encountered personally, then I have a high level of belief that the defendants were judged on the merits of the case.

Nothing is certain except death and taxes. Is it possible that the unanimous ruling was based in part on something other than the reasoned application of the law itself? Yes, it is. But I, for one, heard a court say that anyone playing with public servants like pieces on a chessboard for a prize of personal benefit is no longer be tolerated in Thailand. For the sake of my 4 children, I hope that will continue to be the case.

• Like 1

For the record: all those westerners who are now dancing on YL's grave will be eating their words in three years. This solved nothing and only makes it worse. I'm sorry for what the anti-government people wished for because they got it. Westerners who come to Thailand from democratic countries but support this fascist decision are the biggest hypocrites of all.

If you are trying to say anyone who disagrees with Yingluck and cronies as being un-democratic, well please tell us what's democratic what this Government have done? Any person from a Democratic country who had to put up with what this Government have done, would have had Yingluck etc removed a long, long time ago.

In a parallel universe,

* British Prime Minister David Cameron wastes government time trying to get his corrupt and convict on the run brother back into the country as a free man.

* Cameron tries to bring in a bill that will whitewash his Government and family's crimes and corruption, in the name of "it will resolve political differences and bring Britain together.

* Cameron sees 500 billion pounds of tax payer's money fall away through a corrupted Fox Hunting pledge scheme.

* Cameron brings in his brother in law as Chancellor of the Exchequer and other members of his family in top cabinet positions.

Do you think for one moment, the British courts and people will stand for all of that? No, not at all. Not in a democratic government and country.

That is an absolutely ridiculous post. A democracy is about letting the people decide who they want to govern them. If they want a corrupt government, that is their decision. If the opposition thought they could win an election, they would contest it. The fact that a corrupt PTP party wins every elections says something about the opposition. If you removed every government that was corrupt or performed badly mid term, no government anywhere in the world would serve its full term. Get real.

Hit a nerves did I? And that was the whole point of my post, no democracy would have courts and laws would have allowed this Government to get away with what they did. To say, that people from democratic countries should support this lot, is far more ridiculous.

Your Thai wife is not all Thai people. Stay on the topic.

Some Thai people are pleased that she has been removed, some Thai people are not pleased and some Thai people really don't care much.

My comment was not my Wife is all Thai people

But stated my Thai wife plus many more of her friend, plus I am sure many others, are glad to see her gone

your comment that there are also many that do and many don't care, is also correct, and I took it for granted that was part of my statement as unlike the comment I answered I did not say her opinion is all Thai people, but many thai people.

What a very sad day for Thailand.Untouchables,Hisos and Army did it again.Another government,elected by most of the thais has to go,another juristic coup to keep the power for the establishment.How often more?

Until they stop breaking the law?

You almost got that right - here is a more accurate version:

---

Until they stop breaking the law***?

*** As interpreted by the Coup-Stacked "Independent** Agencies"

** I.e. Independent* of Democratic control.

* I.e. Dependent on Amart control.

There, fixed that for ya.

Edited by Mrgk

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises

Another deluded individual. Gawd help us!

I have a decent heart but I certainly will not feel sorry for the predicament of a bent, rich person because she possibly lost a smidgen of face. I do, however, feel very sorry for the poor farmers (and their grieving families) that have taken their lives due to the outright theft of their crop by this deceitful person and her uncaring government with its pathetic 'populist' policies that were tailored for the steal. Yuck!!!

• Like 2

they are acting as though the constitution wasnt a military coup imposed illegal document

must be a temporary facade before the music starts

It was voted on by the people, fair and square, after many many revisions.

Deal with it, Ace! '_'

Ok...so can we now arrest and jail SUTHEP

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

I am not a fan of the guy personally either, but this topic has nothing to do with Suthep. This has everything to do with the "caretaker prime minister" being found guilty of corruption and being impeached from office. You probably did not intend to do so, but linking something unrelated to further your own agenda and provoke an agressive respponse is known as "trolling".

On a side note:

- I wonder if the actions of the constitutional court also prevent these people from re-entering their positions post the upcoming election assuming it is held - do they face a 5 year ban such as those involved previously with TRT?

- Have their passports been revoked as they now no longer hold acting positions and assumedly most are under investigation for other serious pending charges? I know there are other cases involving corruption and misuse of position pending against Yingluck, and assuime there would be corruption charges pending against Pladprasop for misuse of compensation funding following the 2010 floods. I would speculate that there are also charges against Chalerm, considering how he parades himself around and deals with situations most-unprofessionally.

- What happens now that she has been stood down: she was the caretaker PM so assumedly the caretaker government does not have the legal authority under the constitution to appoint a new prime minister.

-

She wasn't found guilty of corruption .

Miss use of power. I believe

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises

Another deluded individual. Gawd help us!

I have a decent heart but I certainly will not feel sorry for the predicament of a bent, rich person because she possibly lost a smidgen of face. I do, however, feel very sorry for the poor farmers (and their grieving families) that have taken their lives due to the outright theft of their crop by this deceitful person and her uncaring government with its pathetic 'populist' policies that were tailored for the steal. Yuck!!!

Haha...the big bamboo was taking the p!ss...

In a parallel universe,

What´s really funny is that you don´t even mention the (supposed) constitutional violation that the CC seized on to get rid of Yingluck in your allegory. Can we perhaps term it a "Freudian omission"?

What a very sad day for Thailand.Untouchables,Hisos and Army did it again.Another government,elected by most of the thais has to go,another juristic coup to keep the power for the establishment.How often more?

Until they stop breaking the law?

You almost got that right - here is a more accurate version:

---

Until they stop breaking the law***?

*** As interpreted by the Coup-Stacked "Independent** Agencies"

** I.e. Independent* of Democratic control.

* I.e. Dependent on Amart control.

There, fixed that for ya.

Fantastic! How about you argue in detail what's wrong with the CCs judgment today, since you seem to know so much?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Please explain the difference to me in both this circumstance and also the definition under Thai law.

As I understand there is a fine line between both under Thai law and in this particular circumstance the two have merged into a single event.

She used her position to remove th political ally of the opposition (miuse of power) to replace him with the ally of her parties leader one would speculate to gain greater leverage within the Policing system (corruption of the legal system).

Fantastic! How about you argue in detail what's wrong with the CCs judgment today, since you seem to know so much?

You mean noting the ridiculousness of throwing out the premier and a big chunk of the government over the transfer of a single civil servant? That does not take much "arguing in detail", as it is self-evidently absurd.

Even if one is a bit slow, the past cavalcade of election nullifications, party dissolutions and government evictions perpetrated the "Independent Agencies" (especially post-coup) should tell one all you need to know about their anti-democratic role in Thai society.

• Like 2

Please explain the difference to me in both this circumstance and also the definition under Thai law.

As I understand there is a fine line between both under Thai law and in this particular circumstance the two have merged into a single event.

She used her position to remove th political ally of the opposition (miuse of power) to replace him with the ally of her parties leader one would speculate to gain greater leverage within the Policing system (corruption of the legal system).

It's not really corruption per say.

It's misuse of power.

It happens all the time in the UK Only thing is the brits have perfected it.

Tony Blair s mates from Eton all get the government contracts.

It's so buried. It's hard to find. Especially behind a cheesy grin

You mean noting the ridiculousness of throwing out the premier and a big chunk of the government over the transfer of a single civil servant? That does not take much "arguing in detail", as it is self-evidently absurd.

Even if one is a bit slow, the past cavalcade of election nullifications, party dissolutions and government evictions perpetrated the "Independent Agencies" (especially post-coup) should tell one all you need to know about their anti-democratic role in Thai society.

Is it against the law or not for the government to hire/fire/move civil servants in order to gain advantages for relatives, yes or no? Stop the bloody platitudes!

Are you accusing me of being mentally slow?

The real good thing of this event is that it shows that acting against the constituion and the laws involved is not tolerated and not accepted.

Politicians know the law and are supposed to act according to those laws. Any unlawful conduct will be punished. That is a good thing, and even if PTP wins next election and puts in another government, this case will have its influence on any next attempts to ignore the law, future politicians will think twice before acting like this PM and her group that backed her.

The same applies of course for any other political party that gets people in high positions, the constitution and the law are not restricted to some people in whatever party, but to all the people of Thailand.

It's misuse of power.

Thank you for the clarification. I have run out of likes due to the amusement of this thread but thank you.

My confusion arose due to the fact that in Thailand the concept of working from someone does not need to involve any form of compensation. Therefore it may have been possible that the courts could implcate involved parties in corruption charges also if they could link the transfers to the concept of "working" in the interests of an exiled party against the good judgement of normal standard procedures and systems.

Welll, it doesn't really change the fact, that the Democrats will still lose the upcoming ELECTION-COLLECTION

Thaksin has probably paid in advance, aka bribed the entire Election-Collection-Committee for Pheu Thai's worst case scenario, wanna bet???

Like it or not ELECTION-COLLECTION is Thaksin's ultimate trumpcard to maintain Thaksinocracy in Thailand, no matter how many puppets are getting ousted....

Aight??? You get what I mean????....

What is self-evident is that today the CC has stood up and said, "No one is above the law; not even a PM."

Yes, you are right. Only the courts are above the law.

• Like 1

What is self-evident is that today the CC has stood up and said, "No one is above the law; not even a PM."

Oh, there are plenty of people out there above the law.

Some related questions: How is Suthep´s court date coming along? How is the law doing with those that sabotaged the (first) 2014 election?

As they say, to ask the question is to answer it.

• Like 1

It's misuse of power.

Thank you for the clarification. I have run out of likes due to the amusement of this thread but thank you.

My confusion arose due to the fact that in Thailand the concept of working from someone does not need to involve any form of compensation. Therefore it may have been possible that the courts could implcate involved parties in corruption charges also if they could link the transfers to the concept of "working" in the interests of an exiled party against the good judgement of normal standard procedures and systems.

We need more gentleman on TV like you

• Like 1

Ok...so can we now arrest and jail SUTHEP

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

I am not a fan of the guy personally either, but this topic has nothing to do with Suthep. This has everything to do with the "caretaker prime minister" being found guilty of corruption and being impeached from office. You probably did not intend to do so, but linking something unrelated to further your own agenda and provoke an agressive respponse is known as "trolling".

On a side note:

- I wonder if the actions of the constitutional court also prevent these people from re-entering their positions post the upcoming election assuming it is held - do they face a 5 year ban such as those involved previously with TRT?

- Have their passports been revoked as they now no longer hold acting positions and assumedly most are under investigation for other serious pending charges? I know there are other cases involving corruption and misuse of position pending against Yingluck, and assuime there would be corruption charges pending against Pladprasop for misuse of compensation funding following the 2010 floods. I would speculate that there are also charges against Chalerm, considering how he parades himself around and deals with situations most-unprofessionally.

- What happens now that she has been stood down: she was the caretaker PM so assumedly the caretaker government does not have the legal authority under the constitution to appoint a new prime minister.

-

Same same. Corruption of power.

The single, most asinine post in this entire thread.

• Like 2

Oh, there are plenty of people out there above the law.

Some related questions: How is Suthep´s court date coming along? How is the law doing with those that sabotaged the (first) 2014 election?

As they say, to ask the question is to answer it.

Fantastic! How about we get some answers to the "war on drugs" where some 2500 people were murdered? Long before 2014. Or all these grenade attacks in the last 6 months?

• Like 1

It's misuse of power.

We need more gentleman on TV like you

Ha! We need more gentle ladies like you on TV to remind us. Its appreciated.