PM Yingluck removed from office

The verdict seems to make very little difference, unless there is a ban from politics that we have not been told about.

Can all of the people who have suffered in this mini-coup by the CC just stand again in the elections in July?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct, this in no way solves the problem the nation faces now. So what next ? The judges just may have brought this once great country to the brink of who knows what...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nonesense.

YL and her elder brother certainly. Don't blame the judges for the actions of others.

The arrogant elite are so out of touch with reality if they think they can once again hijack the democratic process and not suffer any repercussions.

The red shirts will not surrender this time. It's not like 2010. Now they know they will never have their political rights recognised unless they fight to the death.

Thais will not fight to the death unless they have odds of six to one. That goes for either side.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Abhisit is also guilty of abuse of power.

Really? Any links to the conviction?

I can't find a copy on-line, but have a read of the NACC's findings regarding the 2010 crackdown. The case is conclusive and the NACC have the power to press charges under article 250 of the constitution if Abhisit or Suthep hold a political position.

That's because it doesn't exist.

Ah the old, "if I can't see it it's not there" argument. I have attached it.

It never made the media because one side wants Abhisit and Suthep to look good and the other side wants the NACC to appear bias.

EDIT: actually that's the wrong one I attached but it lists a number of other offenses committed by the pair.

nacc.pdf

Edited by wprime

Another case of democracy = elections.

Let's have some reforms first.

Reforms, reforms, reforms .... what reforms? Please spell them out .... would people quit saying they are necessary without saying exactly WHAT is necessary .... more biased laws favoring one party or the other? ... more party hardliners put in places serving political interests? Exactly what reforms do you want to put in place that will make elections fairer for all sides?

If you can't suggest reforms NOW that clearly make elections fairer for everyone (not just helping a yellow minority get elected) then shut up and hold elections and actually let the people decide instead of telling us that you speak for the majority .... ONLY an election is the voice of the people ... you arent!

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

democracy = election. Ask in NorthKorea, they know all about elections.

The PDRC is slowly busy with setting up a framework of reforms. If they would have just presented 'this is it' they would have been denounced. As the Yingluck administration kept dragging it's feet, the further involvement of larger groups of Thai hasn't come to be yet.

So, keep complaining that they are no details on reforms and continue with the mantra "elections, respect my vote till it's counted".

Plain and utter manure.

Rubl, You mention North Korea. Is it the PDRC or the PTP that are demanding that the Thai people are not allowed to vote for who they want. Is it the PDRC or the PTP that wants people who are citizens of this country banned from being involved in elections and banned from thier own country?

• Like 1

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

You, the court and the Thai Democrats might very soon rue the day this ruling was handed down.

this - the Thai people will not tolerate a judicial coup like this anymore - it's just begun

Another disappointed would be Farang red Shirt who can't accept the Courts' ruling, which in a way is a verdict against your own recent boring propoganda

• Like 1

It was not Yingluck that actually moved this man to another position, it was a committee of members who found that he was unsuitable. This would be ok in any large corporate organisation, but not for someone appointed by the Dem party.

But YL was the Prme Minister and ultimate responsibility rested with her ... Oh, I do love using the past tense and YL in the same sentence! laugh.png

• Like 2

Like I said I doubted both either side will be happy with the ruling. Losing YL is nothing. PTP is still in control. Why because the court knows elections must come first before reforms. Anything else would be unconstitutional in the eye of the court.

Losing YL is nothing.

Can you please then tell us why she did not go peacefully and save face when she could ?

Maybe just Maybe Yingluck does not feel the same as you, as she has not lost face in Thailand big Time

Quote from a group of Thai males at a function in the village tonight

"""""" A Thai woman's place is behind her husband, not telling Thai men what to do "

Sorry not my saying, so do not shoot the messanger

Well nobody seemed too bothered about things here in Khon Buri market no doom and gloom seen, don't be too surprised if most Thais outside of Bangkok are not really bothered about today's decisions and Yingluck got what she deserved.

The most animated people I've seen are the TV. Farangs not the Thais themselves they go about their daily business tomorrow, just like they did yesterday And today, the Thai voice will come when the elections are held.

Then we farangs will sit back and see who's standing and who's fallen through the ballot box.

It was a victory for the courts and the law today and that's a positive step , it's not a victory for the PDRC by any means, nothing has changed the PTP lost this particular battle, but they can still win in the long run if they start smart thinking.

At least she's not going to be removed from power over the rice fiasco and today's ruling hasn't helped the rice farmers one single bit.

• Like 1

First of all, I breathe a sigh of relief when I heard this news, despite all this gloating by anti-gov posters:

THIS IS A HUGE BLOW TO THE PAD/PDRC and dems

Now the caretaker gov is stable and the courts are out of ammunition, so the one part of the government that is on the pdrc's side, is neutralized, if the pdrc sabatoges another election, it will simply cause the PT gov to carry on for another 2 months..

Their whole hope was that there would be a vacuum and then the senate would be able to put a dem in, not gonna happen..

As for Yingluck, worst scenario is she gets a 5 year ban, she can work in a support role in that time or she has her pick of several conglomerates that would have her as CEO.

In 5 years she's back and I think she will win again, people underestimate how popular this attractive, charming lady is; she was PT #1 list by a landslide, which itself wins by a landslide, and now Thaksin is permanently out because NO GOV will ever mess with an amnesty bill again, amnesty bills have in effect become illegal.

That means Yingluck is still the most powerful person in Thai politics today, the upcoming PT premiers will simply be keeping her Chair warm until she comes back.

Edited by pkspeaker
  • Like 2

TR @jin_nation: Chalerm, Surapong, Kittirat, Anudit, Santi, Plodprasop, Pracha, Siriwat, Yutthasak are following YL out the door.

Looks like the highest ranking cabinet member remaining would be Nattawut ...new Prime Minister?

I don't know what makes me happier: My hemorrhoids bursting or Chalerm leaving! giggle.gif

RT@sunaibkk: Vacuum after Yingluck’s impeachment isn't absolute. One of deputy PMs can step in & caretaking government can continue.

There are many Thais who did not want a poiitical emptiness

There are many in the village I live protested to get rid of Yingluck the puppet of Thaskin

Have reform and election

but they are not behind Suthep either

but maybe that does not fit in with your Red shit bias that only the Red shirt can rule Thailand

In some villages in Kalasin Red Shirt area, people are celebrating that Taskin influence is gone

I know my wallet is a little more empty tonights, and many thais are in a good mood because of it

• Like 2

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Their is no disgrace is being the victim of an unjust and corrupted legal system.

History will be very, very kind to Miss Yingluck.

She did a fantastic job for her nation, her people, her party, her family and for all women of the world.

How history records the antics and crimes of the judges handing down these ridiculous verdicts is another matter entirely.

The current contempt they are held in by their international peers is just the beginning of what awaits these stooges.

Bravo and Encore sweet lady and Champion of Democracy

You have been brilliant (and will most likely be again after the thugs are dealt with)

Time for others to bare the heavy burden you have born on your strong yet delicate shoulders for so long.

There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.

'Sweet lady', 'all women of the world', 'strong yet delicate shoulders' - Firstly, what utter misogynystic claptrap.

'she did a fantastic job', 'you have been brilliant', 'There will be statues made - of this there is no doubt.' - What specific aspects of her term are you referring to?

Very obvious that this is the end of the road for both Suthep and Abhisit: boxed in with nowhere to go other than an election. It's pretty amazing that the Suthepistas on this forum are too blinkered to see it....they see to think this is a victory...think again tomorrow and the day after.

• Like 2

Oh, I don't know. Some of the red rants being posted now are buginning to sound like cries from Titanic's deck-edge: "But it's unsinkable!!"

Nah, what we want is not denial, but revenge. It´s high time that the Thai oligarchy and their farang supporters paid their dues in full.

Very obvious that this is the end of the road for both Suthep and Abhisit: boxed in with nowhere to go other than an election. It's pretty amazing that the Suthepistas on this forum are too blinkered to see it....they see to think this is a victory...think again tomorrow and the day after.

And the start of a new road for your expelled corrupt reds? (TRT, PTT and now PTP) ha ha ha

You really like that word you've coined "Suthepistas" don't you?

Hard to say - they have a reasonable hope that some other portion of the apparatus will be able to rig the system properly (a.k.a. "reform") before they have to face an election. The lawlessness of the Thai oligarchy is not limited to the courts (they also have the NACC and the army, to name but two).

List of axed Members:

Deputy Prime Minister Pracha Promnog, Labour Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung, Deputy Prime Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi, Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong, Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, PM's Office Minister Santi Promphat, Information and Communication Technology Minister Anudith Nakornthap, Deputy Defence Minister Gen Yuthasak Sasiprapha and Deputy Commerce Minister Siriwat Kachornprasart.

55555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

So no PM and no finance minister.

Plodprasop can start marketing his water pushers.

If Plodprasop becomes PM

It will not be in his interest to have the red shirt carry on about getting Yingluck back

to do so will me he will loose his new power throne

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

now pay the price?????

She will pay nothing and will not be punished !

She will go away with pockets well filled !Just as her brother .And nobody will do something to this ,wanna bet?coffee1.gif

Wow, recently quit Bangkok Post because of the red-invasion (or should I probably say red-leaning moderators). I see here the same mix of comments : generally reasonable and intelligent observations from people against PTP and generally illogical, semi-literate rants from pro-government supporters. Guess this must be pretty much the way the country is.

Any political faction that rallies to the banner of Suthep Thaugsuban can hardly be said to be "reasonable" or "intelligent".

• Like 1

The way you have defended the PTP and particularly POO in the past. Oh how your a$$ must hurt today.

And what effect (if any) will of this and all of the predictions (if they come true) have on the ASEAN festival beginning next year?

I wish every PM was as good looking as Yingluck. Perhaps the females of the forum might say that Abassit is a custard gusset???

I think we should all spare a thought for the now disgraced ex-caretaker Prime Minister. Loss of face is a terrible thing in Thailand and all decent hearted people will feel sorry for her sad predicament. Obviously she has more criminal charges pending but maybe in the meantime her brother can find her another job in one of his enterprises somewhere.

At least she is surrounded by plenty of other family members who share the experience and shame of being found guilty in the courts and hopefully that will be a comfort at this difficult time. wai2.gif

Well not in my wifes village

The thai men are telling all how stupid the thai's where to put a female in power to tell Thai men what to do

the comments are a Thai Lady belongs (delete) as per Ta Culture

again can not write the translation of my Thai wifes comment where

but in my village in Kalasin my wallet is nearly empty

and the villages are having a great time at Yinglucks fall for power

Another case of democracy = elections.

Let's have some reforms first.

Reforms, reforms, reforms .... what reforms? Please spell them out .... would people quit saying they are necessary without saying exactly WHAT is necessary .... more biased laws favoring one party or the other? ... more party hardliners put in places serving political interests? Exactly what reforms do you want to put in place that will make elections fairer for all sides?

If you can't suggest reforms NOW that clearly make elections fairer for everyone (not just helping a yellow minority get elected) then shut up and hold elections and actually let the people decide instead of telling us that you speak for the majority .... ONLY an election is the voice of the people ... you arent!

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Did you ever think that Reform must be put forward by all the Thail People and parties

why should 1 party have all the say

even my Thai wife understands you first need to decide to have reforms before you can start to put wat the people want on the table

Time you looket at Marks plan where every one wins a little and every one looses a little