webfact

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Moe,

Abhisit and Suthep gave the orders to disperse the demonstration with "life fire zones" and authorised the use of deadly force by soldiers against civilians. In some countries that would make them culpable of murder, but apparently not in Thailand.

Not in Thailand neither because there was no such order "to disperse the demonstration with "life fire zones""

Here is the first result from google: http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/05/15/thailand-revoke-live-fire-zones-bangkok

You know what that article doesn't say? It doesn't say the governement set up live fire zones "to disperse the demonstration". You just made that up.

What? You reckon they set them up to shoot random passer by? You're right. I took a big leap there.

Edited by In Town

The topic is about YL removal as caretaker Pm not about Abhisit and Suthep and May 2010 and any live fire zone. Stick to the damn topic.

It is on topic. You just have not read far enough back in the thread. Hey, I like your font. Makes you seem big!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The topic is about YL removal as caretaker Pm not about Abhisit and Suthep and May 2010 and any live fire zone. Stick to the damn topic.

It is on topic. You just have not read far enough back in the thread. Hey, I like your font. Makes you seem big!

I said stick to the damn topic. What the hell is wrong with you can &lt;deleted&gt; read English?

Other than bringing in the army to restore order exactly what murder did he commit you saw him pull the trigger and kill someone.

Dear Moe,

Abhisit and Suthep gave the orders to disperse the demonstration with "life fire zones" and authorised the use of deadly force by soldiers against civilians. In some countries that would make them culpable of murder, but apparently not in Thailand.

They also gave very fair warning it was going to happen and told the rioters to leave which they chose not to do. Then the red rioters burnt down Centralworld as well as the old cinema, Centre One and around 40 other buildings. You could argue that might not have happened had the army been sent in ( though I believe the threat from Arisman ( who should have been sent to prison as a terrorist rather than given a government job ) to do so was made before the army action started ), but the litany of crimes committed by the Reds already in the lead up fully justified the actions taken against them to try and bring their 2 month reign of chaos to an end and the subsequent actions by the terrorists also shows why such action was needed. They would stop at nothing, killing and arson and grenades....Abisit and Suteb may have made some mistakes but their order for action was 100% correct against the rioting terrorists.

Thanks Ting Tong. Its statements like this that really clarify your side's positions. Its great that you lay our your argument with such logic and precision, and the compassion you show for all those affected by the burning of Central department store is commendable (although there have been allegations that the fires were actually started by Suthep's "Men in Black' as post hoc justification for the shootings). Anyway, your statements are very helpful in giving everyone a clearer picture of the way the yellow side sees the conflict, and deeper insight into its values.

Thanks for your sarcasm, it is not appreciated, funny though, you questioning my 'values' having read your posts, I am clearly not the one who has problems with my 'values'....

There is actually a widely seen video that came to light a few months ago showing the red shirts starting the fires whilst also smashing the windows at Zen. So why don't you spend some time looking for that rather than making silly comments highlighting your ignorance...?

If this sounds like the end of the Taksin power struggle then you must be the person who sees the murderer getting shot in a slasher movie, 30 minutes before the end of the film, and reacts with shock when it turns out he's nor really dead! Or, in a more topical note. 24 is back on the air for another season and as an old fan of the show knows. The hero super agent always seems to have foiled the plot for world destruction at around hour 8. Guess what. It's called 24, not 8. So then suddenly there is a much worse over-plot that was really advanced by the first 'dummy' plot being foiled. That keeps us going for another 10 1-hr episodes till that bigger plot is also foiled. But wait, it's not called 18 either. The last 6 hours are when it's found that the plot will still occur if the hero doesn't take exceptional action in the final 6 episodes, and he'll still only actually stop the catastrophe seconds from the end. Well, that's Taksin! And this is the fatal flaw of democratic government. Anybody who can get elected gets to be the government! And with money's involvement in the electoral process, I can think of over 4 billion reasons why Taksin will continue to control the democratic process here. So his enemies abuse the court system to create trumped up convictions and oust reds from government. Works as well as trying to pluck gray hairs. Trying to eliminate corruption in Thailand and preserve the democratic process is about as practical as trying to cure bone cancer with a complete skeleton removal.

Edited by majhiggins

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I said stick to the damn topic. What the hell is wrong with you can <deleted> read English?

The topic is the judicial system, and why one side seems to receive swift and certain trial and punishment and the other doesn't. For example, Yingluck was deemed prosecutable while serving in a caretaker administration but the same court ruled that Abhisit, in the same situation, was not. Or the fact that red shirt demonstrators go to jail, but yellow shirts do not. Or the fact that Suthep and Abhisit have been charged with murder but are still free, while Yingluck, accused of transferring a civil servant, is removed from office. It is on topic, you just haven't read back enough to realise that.

• Like 1

Yes people tend to live in the past and miss the giant step towards freedom in Thailand that the removal of Thaksin's mouth piece is complete. One Shinawatra down more to come.

• Like 2

Seems you were brought up in a household with a total lack of morals and ethics. We can only hope you don't ever have kids to raise just as badly....

On the contrary, reciprocity is at the core of morality and ethics. Which is why insisting on the "Rule of Law" while simultaneously backing a never-ending cavalcade of coups and sabotaged elections is so vile.

reciprocity is at the core of morality and ethics

You just proved tintongteesood correct, you have not the faintest idea what moraility and ethics mean, do you?

If you want to argue for a separation of reciprocity and morality, I am all ears. (I assume it will be some duty/axiom driven thingamajong, no?) I am rather sceptical of such constructs, however. If someone hits me in the face, I feel free to hit back.

I said stick to the damn topic. What the hell is wrong with you can read English?

The topic is the judicial system, and why one side seems to receive swift and certain trial and punishment and the other doesn't. For example, Yingluck was deemed prosecutable while serving in a caretaker administration but the same court ruled that Abhisit, in the same situation, was not. Or the fact that red shirt demonstrators go to jail, but yellow shirts do not. Or the fact that Suthep and Abhisit have been charged with murder but are still free, while Yingluck, accused of transferring a civil servant, is removed from office. It is on topic, you just haven't read back enough to realise that.

Was it the same situation .. did Abhisit give the top police job to his brother in law?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

I said stick to the damn topic. What the hell is wrong with you can <deleted> read English?

Thanks for the proof that the court is only interested in honest cases not meaningless charges brought to take the attention off the wrongs that are being perpetrated on the Thai citizens.

• Like 1

There is so much wrongness in your brainwashed sheeple ''bah bah bah'' post. I will merely point out that Abhisit and Sutep HAVE NOT BEEN CHARGED WITH MURDER. They have been INDITED with the court case forthcoming. Very big difference. And this case was only brought against them in the first places by Tarit ( Appointed head of DSI by and faithful lapdog of Thaksin ) in an effort to force them both to agree to the bullshit amnesty bill to absolve PT of all wrongdoing for everything ever. As for the rest, try not believing the bs red propaganda and use the internet, read the newspapers, watch the news and engage what is left of that red mush in your head cavity...

• Like 2

no doubt the Shinawatra family tentacles are still firmly wrapped around the powers that be.

True to a degree. The tentacles are firmly wrapped around them. But they are no longer in unassailable positions. The grass roots have finaly awoken and they are not to be silenced or bought off.

It may take time but Thailand took the first step towards being a free country today.

You can bet your bottom Baht that there is a sudden rush of money into off shore accounts by PTP members today.

• Like 2

True to a degree. The tentacles are firmly wrapped around them. But they are no longer in unassailable positions. The grass roots have finaly awoken and they are not to be silenced or bought off.

The new definition of the "Grass Roots": The Constitutional Court of Thailand. Definately a keeper.

In Town thanks for taking part in the debate. Wondering if the reason for the faster prosecution could have been the facts behind cases, as well as the considered penalties (therefore the courts allowing more time for prosecutions and defenses to form their arguments). This is common in western law but not too sure on Thai law.

This would also explain why Yingluck was tried on this case first, as the facts seem fairly straight forward and hard to disprove. It also is a topic of debate that perhaps Yingluck chose to fall on her own blade as such as the penalty would meet her own wishes which were apparently to get out of politics. I recall her stating this on the news.

The rice pledging scheme is much harder to prove - big money is involved with a lot of influential families, including those on both sides of the "divide". All have interests in not only covering up acts already committed, but ensuring the investigative process is slowed to ensure prolonged profits. It is potentially one of the largest cases of theft and corruption against the government in modern Thai history. The stakes for this not only for YL but for other cases which may arise from it are considerably higher.

Abhisit and Suthep are being charged with murder for actions which are alleged to have taken place on their approval in 2010. The punishment for this is not simply to be taken out of their roles in politics, or even barred - but serious jail time or at maximum the death penalty (we all know this will not happen).

Perhaps the courts are weighing rather not the percieved personal interest in the case, but the time allowed to prepare a fair prosecution and defence for the actions? It seems unfair but could be the justification behind it. We can only speculate as the court has not commented publicly.

• Like 1

In Town thanks for taking part in the debate. Wondering if the reason for the faster prosecution could have been the facts behind cases, as well as the considered penalties (therefore the courts allowing more time for prosecutions and defenses to form their arguments). This is common in western law but not too sure on Thai law.

This would also explain why Yingluck was tried on this case first, as the facts seem fairly straight forward and hard to disprove. It also is a topic of debate that perhaps Yingluck chose to fall on her own blade as such as the penalty would meet her own wishes which were apparently to get out of politics. I recall her stating this on the news.

The rice pledging scheme is much harder to prove - big money is involved with a lot of influential families, including those on both sides of the "divide". All have interests in not only covering up acts already committed, but ensuring the investigative process is slowed to ensure prolonged profits. It is potentially one of the largest cases of theft and corruption against the government in modern Thai history. The stakes for this not only for YL but for other cases which may arise from it are considerably higher.

Abhisit and Suthep are being charged with murder for actions which are alleged to have taken place on their approval in 2010. The punishment for this is not simply to be taken out of their roles in politics, or even barred - but serious jail time or at maximum the death penalty (we all know this will not happen).

Perhaps the courts are weighing rather not the percieved personal interest in the case, but the time allowed to prepare a fair prosecution and defence for the actions? It seems unfair but could be the justification behind it. We can only speculate as the court has not commented publicly.

It would have been easier to take the NACC case seriously if they had bothered to actually convict people of corruption in the Rice Pledging case before they decided to go after the premier for the crime of having been negligent in detecting the corruption that they themselves had not yet uncovered.

As things stand, everyone* in the west** knows that the primary role of the NACC and CC is that of unseating governments and nullifying elections displeasing to the Amart. Exactly as intended by the authors of the Coup Constitution - Checks and Balances indeed.

*Who bother themselves to educate themselves regarding Thai politics.

** Yellow expats excluded

Edited by Mrgk

The new definition of the "Grass Roots": The Constitutional Court of Thailand. Definately a keeper.

judging by the overall apathy of the public,i would say they have been smoking those grass roots waaay too long

The lunatic SUTHEP failed to accomplish anything so the courts held a judicial coupe AGAIN. If u can't win an election let the courts give a guilty verdict on trumped up charges. Let's see what happens now.

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

Do you think any of this would have been possible if not for the "Lunatic Suthep" and the protests? Who rallied the people? Who brought them together? Who made it as public as possible? It's not about winning the election, Suthep and the rallies didn't do anything other than create public awareness, it was always going to be the courts, the law or just plain embarrassment that got YL out.

• Like 2

What a sad day for Thailand. An elected government (whoever it is) has yet again been removed by a completely pliable judicial system (remember Samak and the cooking show!!!).

The world knows what is happening in Thailand - and it is all to do with removing perceived threats to power.

Are you from cuckoo land before coming to LOS ?

Wow!!!! The people what feel an elected government was removed from office for breaking the law is undemocratic.......I'm at a loss for words, apparently if you're elected you don't have to obey the laws, you can do whatever you want because you were elected. Unfortunately democracy is more than just winning an election, you must come from a fourth world country or be as ignorant as ??????? As for the judicial system, it's not over yet, this government still has a lot that of pending cases, once everything comes out I'm sure the world will understand.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u25CJuxhy8 Maybe a little off topic. Can't edit my previous post for some reason, but since that red sheeple brought it up, here is the link to the recent video of the reds attacking central world. It's from Blue Sky so you will have to break your 'Thaksin approved red propaganda only' rule to see it. There are 3 clips through the segment, the last one is the most interesting. You still want to try and deny red shirts did it ?

Edited by tingtongteesood

Yes this case was a straight forward no real argument case unless you consider I like him he does what I tell him to do being a good reason for installing Thaksin's paid for man.

As for the other charges they have not been laid and the constitution court is not made up of brain-dead goons in red shirts. They know there is no real guilt in Thaksin and Suthep stopping an attempted coup. It was just made so the PTP could say you drop the charges against Thaksin and we will drop these. They knew nothing would ever come of there charges but thought they might scare Abhist and Suthep into going for it. They did not realize that Abhist and Suthep had honor and were willing to face the charges unlike the pay master for the PTP red shirts.

• Like 2

What a sad day for Thailand. An elected government (whoever it is) has yet again been removed by a completely pliable judicial system (remember Samak and the cooking show!!!).

The world knows what is happening in Thailand - and it is all to do with removing perceived threats to power.

Are you from cuckoo land before coming to LOS ?

Wow!!!! The people what feel an elected government was removed from office for breaking the law is undemocratic.......I'm at a loss for words, apparently if you're elected you don't have to obey the laws, you can do whatever you want because you were elected. Unfortunately democracy is more than just winning an election, you must come from a fourth world country or be as ignorant as ??????? As for the judicial system, it's not over yet, this government still has a lot that of pending cases, once everything comes out I'm sure the world will understand.

Samak was removed for breaking the law / regulations AND lying about it.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samak_Sundaravej

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Yingluck is DEFFINITELY NOT the lesser of 2 evils. PDRC have made mistakes admittedly, but they have done a good job at highlighting the wrongdoings of Taksin and his lap dogs, and funny how it is the PDRC that keep calling for change and PTP who have never said anything other than ''I come from election''. Yeah....and.... ? You did a crappy job, broke the law and ignored the constitution. Good riddence to bad rubbish I say, let's hope Taksin and the resst of the detritus that support him will lay low from now on ! I don't know what will happen from here, but one hopes that red shirt terrorist Ko Tee's calls for civil war will not be fulfilled and things will improve now...Let's have some good solid reforms, then a real election that is honest, open and FAIR TO ALL. Bet Taksin won't bother then as he knows he can't win playing by the rules...

• Like 2

A group of people remove their Prime Minister from office for something they admit was not illegal. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by blumenkraft
  • Like 2

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

It looks more like increased political turmoil to me; the red's 'll win the next ellection and it'll start all over again. (and that's if they're luckey not to disolve into a civil war) I feel true democracy is some way off for Thailand unless ellected governments are allowed to govern without interference from a one sided judiciary. I'm all for politicians not being above the law but a prime minister should be able to hire and fire ministers and civil servants (including military) as they seem fit.

So interesting that many keyboard heros know more about the Thai legal system than the Thais who have the job to run Thailand

Just more criminal court activities, Charlerm devides the country, commits massive criminal acts and nothing done. Yet Yingluck wasn't even the person whom removed the person but since she didn't stop it, she is removed. Yup seems legit.

The best part about all of this is, in the short time she has been PM she has managed to go to court and be removed.

Yet the mass murder Abisit hasn't and is still in a Government position. When wil lthe murder be put in jail? Oh wait that's right he is on the other side they don't go to court, jail or held responible for any of their actions.

Well at least when someone comes along and removes the justice system to revamp it all will understand.

Very sad day for Thailand

Other than bringing in the army to restore order exactly what murder did he commit you saw him pull the trigger and kill someone.

Dear Moe,

Please give us the link to show this actually happened

As already said by another member, Lets look at Red Shirt terrorists involved in the 2010 uprising, who appear to be above the law,

Nuttawut, Jatuporn, Arisman - each one was awarded with loads of money and a government job !!!

And also what about Thaksin's lawyer who was supposed to start serving a 1 year sentence months ago ??

Edited by tezzainoz