PM Yingluck removed from office

webfact

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The lunatic SUTHEP failed to accomplish anything so the courts held a judicial coupe AGAIN. If u can't win an election let the courts give a guilty verdict on trumped up charges. Let's see what happens now.

Sent from Kukaz iPad Air

So you think Yingluck did not abuse her power then? Charges seems pretty solid, as was the ruling. If you disagree then you might want to take off those Thaksin colored sunglasses for a moment...

Working through this very long thread, sorry if this has been provided already.

Can anyone give a link to the text of the court's decision, or to a clear legal summary of it, preferably in English although a Thai version would be OK.

Hard to find any reporting that covers the legal issues at the core of the case against her. Was Thawil Pliensri's transfer illegal for some specific reason? Why is it different from all manner of other transfers that happen all the time and for all sorts of politcal reasons. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the court, just trying to understand how solid (or not) the case was.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Som nam na Yingluk.

You raped and divided the country now pay the price.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.smile.png

It looks more like increased political turmoil to me; the red's 'll win the next ellection and it'll start all over again. (and that's if they're luckey not to disolve into a civil war) I feel true democracy is some way off for Thailand unless ellected governments are allowed to govern without interference from a one sided judiciary. I'm all for politicians not being above the law but a prime minister should be able to hire and fire ministers and civil servants (including military) as they seem fit.

But in the end, same as me, if you come from the west, you opinion is worth Zero here in Thailand

So ever bend with the Wind and learn to live with Thai Political system

or time to get out of the kitchen

tezzainoz, on 08 May 2014 - 05:07, said:
peecee, on 07 May 2014 - 21:59, said:
tonytigerbkk, on 07 May 2014 - 13:49, said:

Som nam na Yingluk.

A great day for Thailand and the Thai people.

It looks more like increased political turmoil to me; the red's 'll win the next ellection and it'll start all over again. (and that's if they're luckey not to disolve into a civil war) I feel true democracy is some way off for Thailand unless ellected governments are allowed to govern without interference from a one sided judiciary. I'm all for politicians not being above the law but a prime minister should be able to hire and fire ministers and civil servants (including military) as they seem fit.

But in the end, same as me, if you come from the west, you opinion is worth Zero here in Thailand

Your opinion is worth zero anywhere you are like an ignoring little kid, grow up. I for one also don't really care what your wife or the men in your village think.

• Like 1

tezzainoz, on 08 May 2014 - 05:07, said:
peecee, on 07 May 2014 - 21:59, said:
tonytigerbkk, on 07 May 2014 - 13:49, said:

Som nam na Yingluk.

Your opinion is worth zero anywhere you are like an ignoring little kid, grow up. I for one also don't really care what your wife or the men in your village think.

Okay so your opinion counts

and that of others and Thais do not

Under TVF rules you are allowed your opinion

After everything she and her family did to destroy Thailand, she was removed from office for transferring a talking head to another post. That's similar to (murderer, extortionist, conspirator) Al Capone going to jail for tax evasion.

I should make it clear that I don't fully understand Thai politics.. However.

It's a real smokescreen to imagine that this makes any real difference.. the people who wield power will continue to do so and those that get stepped on in the process will continue to be stepped on.

If you are looking for democracy, look in the dictionary because it does not truly exist in the real world.

Analyst Paul Quaglia, director at PQA Associates, a Bangkok-based risk assessment firm, said the development set the scene for "more protests and more dysfunction in the days ahead."

"Her supporters will look at this as what they call a judicial coup, which is one of the red lines they've drawn about all of this," he said.

He said the case against Yingluck were "pretty weak," and that abuse of power was a "pretty grandiose term to describe what went on."

"What she is accused of doing is approving the removal of a military officer from a civil servant's job in 2011. This is pretty routine," he said. "Her supporters of course will view this as a technical pretext by the court simply to get rid of her and get rid of this government."

Som nam na..

What does that mean? I read and write Thai for over 30 years. I don't recognize this expression I see it frequently here in TV (and only here). Could you (or someone else) reply in Thai script, please?

Everyone is forgetting a huge factor here, Yingluck has been perceived or by perception of the the questionable court. Not actually found guilty of corruption as many posters are forgetting. Trouble is coming to town.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It is red mantra that "we dun nuffink rong!" Every court is "questionable" and every court decision (except in their favour) is politically motivated or a judicial coup.

The Thaksin appointed "red leaders" will be pushing this propaganda as hard as possible, and many will accept it.

Correct, this in no way solves the problem the nation faces now. So what next ? The judges just may have brought this once great country to the brink of who knows what...

It had some potential 3 years ago but it was a Tsunami -Titanic that brought it down NOT the judges. come on man tell the truth.

I didn't say it was the judges. I said they just MAY have... Someone needs to learn to read in context. Next...

Som nam na..

What does that mean? I read and write Thai for over 30 years. I don't recognize this expression I see it frequently here in TV (and only here). Could you (or someone else) reply in Thai script, please?

http://www.thai-language.com/id/209266

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=what+does+'som+naam+na+%22+mean+in+thailand

reply in Thai script, please?

Go to Thai forum if you want to discuss Thai script.
Edited by ratcatcher

okay, is it wonderful that one corrupt politician got her wings clipped? yes

one down, 1000 to go go... from ALL parties.

They shot themselves in the foot--Suthep strongly highlighted the situ, IF he over stepped his mark then let the court deal with him and anyone else.

Posted from anti corruption TVF member. any colour but Yellow or Red. prefer a.n. other.

Edited by ginjag

Correct, this in no way solves the problem the nation faces now. So what next ? The judges just may have brought this once great country to the brink of who knows what...

It had some potential 3 years ago but it was a Tsunami -Titanic that brought it down NOT the judges. come on man tell the truth.

I didn't say it was the judges. I said they just MAY have... Someone needs to learn to read in context. Next...

Why then use the word quote "may" you do not know ?? your post is so vague, may who knows what next.

The gov did very wrong, what we do have an assessor assess the judges and an assessor to assess the assessor ??? Hopefully all the VIP who eventually control Thailand will have to wear brown underwear as they will from now on big brother will be watching, I do not mind BENT judges--if they incarcerate bad people.-----thumbsup.gif

Funny how Thai Politics and justice works...

If the Prime minister had been another person who was loved, respected and supported by all people and political factions and did the same thing as PM YL did, the case had not even gone to court I believe.

But I suppose this is valid for any country in various degrees?

Just more criminal court activities, Charlerm devides the country, commits massive criminal acts and nothing done. Yet Yingluck wasn't even the person whom removed the person but since she didn't stop it, she is removed. Yup seems legit.

The best part about all of this is, in the short time she has been PM she has managed to go to court and be removed.

Yet the mass murder Abisit hasn't and is still in a Government position. When wil lthe murder be put in jail? Oh wait that's right he is on the other side they don't go to court, jail or held responible for any of their actions.

Well at least when someone comes along and removes the justice system to revamp it all will understand.

Very sad day for Thailand

Other than bringing in the army to restore order exactly what murder did he commit you saw him pull the trigger and kill someone.

Dear Moe,

Abhisit and Suthep gave the orders to disperse the demonstration with "life fire zones" and authorised the use of deadly force by soldiers against civilians. In some countries that would make them culpable of murder, but apparently not in Thailand.

In most countries, peaceful protesters don't fire M79s at nearby mass transit stations.

• Like 2

Som nam na..

If you can read and write Thai then obviously you can speak it.

In over 30 years of speaking Thai you have never heard the phrase 'Som nam na'?

Every Thai and westerner in Thailand that I know would instantly recognize this phrase, which is why it is used so much on this board.

votes or strokes?

of course Thais opinion counts - in an ELECTION which the Dems will lose AGAIN until they understand that supporting the old feudal system of elite power will not win them votes just strokes from their puppet masters

Edited by binjalin

This is good news, I am happy to hear she has been taken down. I prefer the Bangkok elites and middle class in comparison to the group she represents.

That would be Thaksin and the North-Eastern landowners.

votes or strokes?

of course Thais opinion counts - in an ELECTION which the Dems will lose AGAIN until they understand that supporting the old feudal system of elite power will not win them votes just strokes from their puppet masters

The PTP won the last election and there was no need for another one unless one considers the unconstitutional activities of Thaksin for which there cannot be any electoral legitimacy. And there's the rub. Remove Thaksin from the equation and normality returns. Now maybe you can tell us its not about Thaksin.

Just more criminal court activities, Charlerm devides the country, commits massive criminal acts and nothing done. Yet Yingluck wasn't even the person whom removed the person but since she didn't stop it, she is removed. Yup seems legit.

The best part about all of this is, in the short time she has been PM she has managed to go to court and be removed.

Yet the mass murder Abisit hasn't and is still in a Government position. When wil lthe murder be put in jail? Oh wait that's right he is on the other side they don't go to court, jail or held responible for any of their actions.

Well at least when someone comes along and removes the justice system to revamp it all will understand.

Very sad day for Thailand

Other than bringing in the army to restore order exactly what murder did he commit you saw him pull the trigger and kill someone.

Dear Moe,

Abhisit and Suthep gave the orders to disperse the demonstration with "life fire zones" and authorised the use of deadly force by soldiers against civilians. In some countries that would make them culpable of murder, but apparently not in Thailand.

In most countries, peaceful protesters don't fire M79s at nearby mass transit stations.

So true. They don't fire machine guns from popcorn bags either.

I'm curious. Does the fact that some of Seh Deang's guys fired a few grenades to the roof of the BTS and one of them missed and killed someone justify, in your mind, the army posting snipers on rooftops and gunning down unarmed protestors? Just want to be clear on your thinking on this point.

votes or strokes?

The PTP won the last election and there was no need for another one unless one considers the unconstitutional activities of Thaksin for which there cannot be any electoral legitimacy. And there's the rub. Remove Thaksin from the equation and normality returns. Now maybe you can tell us its not about Thaksin.

Okay. I'll bite. Its not about Thaksin.

It is about a feudal elite and military terrified of losing power, and the more they repress the masses the more afraid they become of the possibility of retribution.

democracy = election. Ask in NorthKorea, they know all about elections.

The PDRC is slowly busy with setting up a framework of reforms. If they would have just presented 'this is it' they would have been denounced. As the Yingluck administration kept dragging it's feet, the further involvement of larger groups of Thai hasn't come to be yet.

So, keep complaining that they are no details on reforms and continue with the mantra "elections, respect my vote till it's counted".

Plain and utter manure.

Rubl, You mention North Korea. Is it the PDRC or the PTP that are demanding that the Thai people are not allowed to vote for who they want. Is it the PDRC or the PTP that wants people who are citizens of this country banned from being involved in elections and banned from thier own country?

It's the age old patronage system which doesn't allow people to vote for who they want. It tells them they want to vote for this or that person or party.

Unless you get reforms to free people in their choice of voting, any election will just result in more of the same.

The 'peoples cabinet' may be an uncommon item in real democracies, but we do not have a democracy here in Thailand. So we need a few decent people to help get reforms started. Difficult I know especially as even some in the PDRC may not realize what the breakdown of patronage would mean for them. Still even they would be effected and be put to it by law which for once needs to be enforced to all.

PS still searching for a way to make omelets without breaking the eggs.

Alright all you yellow shirts can go home now. It's the red shirts turn to take over Bangkok now.

bamboo walls, burning tires, having a shot at non-red-shirts, the odd grenade, thinks like that you mean?

votes or strokes?

It is about a feudal elite and military terrified of losing power, and the more they repress the masses the more afraid they become of the possibility of retribution.

The interesting part is that most of the feudal elite is upcountry. Still keeping 'their' people bound in an age old patronage system.

• Like 1

Som nam na Yingluk.

Hooray,hooray, hooray now the civil war can begin! You people are so feeble minded and short sighted it's truly amazing rolleyes.gif FWIW if this ruling should really hold up, I think that it gives Yingluck the out she was looking for thumbsup.gif

Som nam na..

Informal (read: everyday, realistic Thai speak by people that don't live under a bridge) for serves you right!

In context, it would serve Yingluck right that she lost face by being ousted for dancing with the devil.

• Like 1

votes or strokes?

@ In Town,

All you are doing is boring us to tears, quoting that tired and worn out red propaganda that even the resident trolls on this site are sick to death of.

................"feudal elite"...................."military terrified of losing power"...................."repress the masses".........................blah blah blah

What are you ? Karl Marx ?