Thai cabinet appoints new PM: minister

webfact

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it now mean, Suthep's mob in Lumpini Park will now go home???

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

NO! They will stay i am sure. They wanted YL to be gone but changed and want now reform before elections. So their fight is not over.

Funny thing though. The UDD knew that another PTP member would be given the CTPM job once YL was ousted which is why they cancelled their rally outside the CC today.

So this guy is just another PTP dupe. Also, YL charter was not called to take blame today but it may still happen. The PTP charter has had all this planned. I also thought it was up to the Senate and Senate speaker and not the charter to choose the next caretaker PM.?

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...it will finally dawn on the Suthepistas that it is business as usual...

Thank you Mr. wind up for this post, no way will this be business as usual, for now every politician will be SH####ing bricks ---look before you tread guys---most who are not convicted will be wearing brown underpants,

For you --you would have been happy for no action ????----sorry your disappointed with democracy.

No, it's fundamentally undemocratic and that's my problem with it. An elected PM dismissed by a stacked court, for the most trivial of reasons ( in any other country it would have been a censure at most), initaited by an APPOINTED Senator. Anyway, the govt continues in office and that's the main game.

Wow

.. so the Senate elections earlier this year were for the "APPOINTED " Senate .. how strange!

The Senate has appointed and elected Senators.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just another Shin fanboy to remove from office... PTP keep rolling them out, and the courts will keep taking them down.

3 Shin's have been removed in recent history... Another one won't matter

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thaksin

Somchai

Yingluck

Surapong

Samak

Samak wasn't a family member and he made Thaksin pretty upset because he was too independent

• Like 1

Butthurt much?

If only you had thought about it for a moment before hitting the key board in an attempt to be clever, you would have realized that this was expected and planned for.

• Like 1

Thank you Mr. wind up for this post, no way will this be business as usual, for now every politician will be SH####ing bricks ---look before you tread guys---most who are not convicted will be wearing brown underpants,

For you --you would have been happy for no action ????----sorry your disappointed with democracy.

No, it's fundamentally undemocratic and that's my problem with it. An elected PM dismissed by a stacked court, for the most trivial of reasons ( in any other country it would have been a censure at most), initaited by an APPOINTED Senator. Anyway, the govt continues in office and that's the main game.

Wow

.. so the Senate elections earlier this year were for the "APPOINTED " Senate .. how strange!

You do realize it was an appointed Senator, one of the gang of 40, that made the complaint about Thawils transfer, after the "old" cabinet had agreed to reinstate him.

Presumably not, judging by your irrelevant post about senator elections.

• Like 2

So it's not Pongthep, but Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan. He was one of the witnesses that Yingluck pushed forward late in the day for the NACC, although his testimony was considered insubstantial. He tends to give press conferences that try to put the best possible light on the rice scheme, and all the " deals " that seem to be just outside of reach stemming from it. He is essentially a PR man.

if he can put the rice scheme into some good light he is the world best PR man....

Wow

You do realize it was an appointed Senator, one of the gang of 40, that made the complaint about Thawils transfer, after the "old" cabinet had agreed to reinstate him.

reinstall? First of all obviously they didn't reinstall him, so that agreement was also a lie. Second even if they would have reinstalled him, it is still abuse of power.

• Like 2

Totally agree! That's the main reason to get rid of the Shinawatras and their Pheu Thai 'acting' party.

• Like 1

I posted this in a related thread, and I think I should repost it here before too many of the red element start getting over-cocky about the current situation.

Just being confirmed now.... PTP have dropped another boll-ock.

Niwatthamrong isn't even an MP... so has been named as new PM illegally.

Can't this bunch of morons get ANYTHING right?????????

I have to say it is things like this that really put a smile on my face.... Didn't Niwatthamrong not even know he does not qualify as a PM candidate when he is not even an MP??????

The best thing the constitutional court can do is to sit again and just dissolve the PTP for the greater good of the country so it can move forward and away from this series of politically inept blunders.

So seems in their haste they actually chose an unqualified PM....

Also the man in question happens to be a suspect in the NACC rice corruption case and may well be impeached as soon as tomorrow.

The fat lady is not yet singing, but is clearing her throat.

it's no wonder the former PM gave his legal team a good rocking recently for being outmanoeuvred by the opposition - seems if you leave them alone, they will accomplish this themselves.

• Like 2

Prbkk post # 4

Indeed that is true and when they see the continuation of the covertly led P.T.P. Shinwatra nepotism, political horse trading and corruption campaign is about to be further extended the P.R.D.C. openly led by a figurehead called ''Suthep'' the P.R.D.C.not the Suthepistas will continue their campaign.

The public have had enough of the Shinwatras self serving policies.

Some people just cannot see the forest for the trees.....today the Shinawatra name becomes a little less important to Thailand..

not a family member or an inlaw??? blink.png

....but worked for the family business. biggrin.png

Just another TS crony...

Now stuff the cabinet with more new members before the current lot get indited on the rice scam, so they will be able to elect another CTPM, when this one goes.

Wow

My post was a reminder that the Senate is also partially elected .. so not irrelevant. Just not according to your agenda!

You assume and continue from those assumptions.

assumption 1. stacked court

assumption 2. trivial reason for dismissal

assumption 3. other countries would censure at the most

assumption 4. something fishy about n appointed senator petitioning the CC.

conclusion. fundamentally undemocratic.

Well with your assumptions wrong I'm afraid your conclusion is not much better.

Anyway, the remainder of the cabinet continues as caretakers, have appointed as new PM the caretaker MoC Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan of Rice Price Pledging Fame, who is also an old Shinawatra employee. Not sure he was an MP.

The contempt for the constitution and voters continues it would seem.

BTW

Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan served as the Chairman of the Executive Committee-Media and Advertising Business of Shin Corp. Public Co. Ltd. since 1995 and as Vice Chairman of Group Executive Committee since 2000. Mr. Boonsongpaisan served from 2001 to 2002 as Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee of ITV PLC and from 1993 to 1995 as President of Shinawatra Computer and Communicaitons PLC. Mr. Boonsongpaisan served as Director of ITV Plc since 2002. He served as a Director ... of Shin Corporation Public Company Limited from 2001 to March 16, 2006. He has been Chairman of the Executive Committee of ITV Plc since 2002. Mr. Boonsongpaisan holds Master's Degree Course work in Computer Sciences from Chulalongkorn University and Bachelor 's Degree in Education from Srinakarintrawirot University.

Scum replaces scum

Niwattumrong Boonsongpaisan served as the Chairman of the Executive Committee-Media and Advertising Business of Shin Corp. Public Co. Ltd. since 1995 and as Vice Chairman of Group Executive Committee since 2000. He served from 2001 to 2002 as Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee of ITV PLC and from 1993 to 1995 as President of Shinawatra Computer and Communicaitons PLC.

• Like 1

Perfect fit.

Lied to the farmers on the 6th of January promising they would all be paid within one month.

Lied to the people on the 13th of October last hear about Chinese rice deals.

Attacked the World Bank for telling the truth about the rice scheme by lying to the world bank.

Blamed the media for inflation. (This is a crucial PTP trait. Blaming others for their own short falls)

Chairman of the Executive Committee-Media and Advertising Business of Shin Corp.

This man has all he traits required to head the PTP including the most crucial being the solid link to the unelectable, accused mass murderer, accused terrorist, convicted criminal fugitive, thaksin.

Should not take too long for him to break the law either then.

​BTW - For the members that crave facts I have put links in. For the members that require 3 or more links about the same fact because they don't trust just one link (unless it in favor of the regime) and to the other members that require documents, statements and other unattainable evidence that they do not require when the "fact" is in favor of the regime. This is what I have to say to you.

Can you name the 15 principles of democracy? That always shuts you up!!!

So you don't like Thaksin and his party. Neither do I much, but then I'm not Thai. However, if your idea of democracy means disenfranchising those Thai people who do feel, rightly or wrongly, that Thaksin's party represents their interests you might want to stop trying to provoke those who believe in democracy with your futile questions, as it's really not very complicated. You remind me of the silly Bangkok Post letter writer, J.C. Wilcox who also continues to beat this drum to no effect.

Can't name them heay?