Makro Opens on North Pattaya Road

jackvale

Went there last night and i think this is my new favorite spot to shop. They seem to have a pretty good selection of both Thai and Western food. And the parking lot is much easier to get in and out of than Foodland.

I tend to agree ... pity that for some non-food items an additional place for shopping will remain necessary.

We went there today and I was impressed about the vegetables/meat/fish, very good selection and the veggies was fresh.

It's very close to our house so very easy to get there, hurray.

I bought 4 imported frozen steaks for, total 870 gram, price 475 baht, okay a bit to thin to my taste but are looking forward to grilling in the weekend and have a taste.

We will be back.

Went there last night and i think this is my new favorite spot to shop. They seem to have a pretty good selection of both Thai and Western food. And the parking lot is much easier to get in and out of than Foodland.

I tend to agree ... pity that for some non-food items an additional place for shopping will remain necessary.

Even the food section is limited compared to the other branch, many items missing. Noodle soups for instance very limited, I didn't find any banana's and choice of milk also limited.

Will be back to the branch in Pattaya Thai next time, however that an extra distance for me.

Even the food section is limited compared to the other branch, many items missing. Noodle soups for instance very limited, I didn't find any banana's and choice of milk also limited.

Will be back to the branch in Pattaya Thai next time, however that an extra distance for me.

Actually, the only other Makro I know is on Sukhumvit far past Thephrasit, not Pattaya Tai.

However watch out as you can't use a credit card to pay

There is supposesd to be one credit card that they will take ( can't remember which one )

also remember they don't provide bags for free so take your own or buy theirs.

They only take Citibank credit cards at the big store on Sukhumvit I suppose they do at the smaller one too.

Went there yesterday and very limited for non-food items. It wasn't crowded and easy parking but we'll stick to the other store for their much larger range, particularly non-food items.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I agree, to small and the selection of food was not that great , besides I live nearer to the big one so will continue to go there.

If living nearer or just as near to the big one, the choice is easy.

If the small one is only half the distance it will be once here once there depending on the needs ...

Maybe they will increase selection later on ... let's see

However watch out as you can't use a credit card to pay

There is supposesd to be one credit card that they will take ( can't remember which one )

also remember they don't provide bags for free so take your own or buy theirs.

I think it's any Citibank credit card.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Is Makro a membership only store? Did you need to show that you run a business to get a membership card?

No, just walk in and egister. They probably sell your phone number to spammers so I would use a fake phone number on the application.

Is Makro a membership only store? Did you need to show that you run a business to get a membership card?

No, just walk in and egister. They probably sell your phone number to spammers so I would use a fake phone number on the application.

You can also just say that you forgot your card, and they will give you a day pass without any question at the info desk.

Well yes, “supposedly” it’s a membership only store. However you can easily circumvent this by requesting a onetime shopping pass when entering the store. Just query someone at the information desk.

I did get my membership card affiliated with my business at the time the Jomtien branch opened. Granted at that time, it seemed that they were more than happy to issue anyone a member card if they could just provide a Thai driver’s license. Doubt it’ll be more difficult than that today.