Makro Opens on North Pattaya Road

jackvale

This week, a new Makro opened on North Pattaya Road directly opposite the bus station to Bangkok. I believe hours are standard for Makro 8:00-23:00.

EDIT: This sign makes it seem very dangerous. Haha...

post-201137-0-51865300-1399519088_thumb.

Edited by jackvale
  • Like 2

Will go to check it out, but seems like they couldnt have picked a worse traffic area.

There is a parking lot and it's right off Sukhumvit. Sure is handy for people like me who live in north Pattaya and don't have a car. :)

• Like 2

Good news, hopefully now the one by Underwater World will quieten down a bit. It's been getting uncomfortably busy on times.

I've never seen it extremely busy, except last week when the checkout server went down for almost half an hour, but it bothers me a lot that it has such a poor stock management.

Many regular goods that are so many times out of stock, and some times for weeks in line, while they are available in other supermarkets in the area.

I hate it when I go there and have to leave with only half of what I had in mind to buy.

Looked like a lite version when I drove past it on Monday - car park looked small as I drove by (it is not "directly off Sukhumvit" unless I, as an infrequent visitor, am just muddling up two Makros) and it is branded "Makro Food".

Will go to check it out, but seems like they couldnt have picked a worse traffic area.

There is a parking lot and it's right off Sukhumvit. Sure is handy for people like me who live in north Pattaya and don't have a car. smile.png

It's even sort of baht bus friendly!

• Like 1

Looked like a lite version when I drove past it on Monday - car park looked small as I drove by (it is not "directly off Sukhumvit" unless I, as an infrequent visitor, am just muddling up two Makros) and it is branded "Makro Food".

Yes it's called Makro food services, therefore was also thinking that it is something different from a regular Makro . I would also be surprised why they need a second location within a 7-8 kilometer radius, as the don't have the same concept as a supermarket, unless they split the food and non-food section up in 2 different locations, which I think would be a very bad decision.

Yes it's called Makro food services, therefore was also thinking that it is something different from a regular Makro . I would also be surprised why they need a second location within a 7-8 kilometer radius, as the don't have the same concept as a supermarket, unless they split the food and non-food section up in 2 different locations, which I think would be a very bad decision.

I'll go to this one. I never would go to the other one. Yes it's all about me. Duh.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

I'll go to this one. I never would go to the other one. Yes it's all about me. Duh.

Maybe you will not go to this one

http://www.siammakro.co.th/food_services/en/index.php

I've never seen it extremely busy, except last week when the checkout server went down for almost half an hour, but it bothers me a lot that it has such a poor stock management.

Many regular goods that are so many times out of stock, and some times for weeks in line, while they are available in other supermarkets in the area.

The big Makro can get very busy late morning. On occasions I've just turned round and left, to try again the next day.

All the supermarkets here can occasionally have stock problems. Tesco on Sukumvit had only one or two types of margarine for several weeks, and one day last month they didnt have one single fresh chilli of any shape at all!

• Like 1

Every where in the world Makro's get positioned on industrial parks or area's designed for shopping centers. Only in Thailand they build them on one of the busiest entrance road of a city.

Easy explanation.

Macro Thailand targets more of a business wholesale customers as oppose to every day small shoppers.

The one on Sukhumvit road, serves all the south side of Pattaya and the new on is for north, back up to Siracha.

There is a parking lot and it's right off Sukhumvit. Sure is handy for people like me who live in north Pattaya and don't have a car. smile.png

Yes, it is baht bus friendly. You can take the white baht bus up Sukhumvit and walk 5-7 minutes to the Makro (I would not wait for the North bus) or take the east-bound one from Dolphin Circle. And there's an occasional North Road baht bus (maybe every 10-15 minutes) west to Dolphin. Have taken that one many times from the bus station

As for vehicle traffic, it is best to come from Sukhumvit, turn onto Pattaya North Road and drive/ride 2-3 minutes. Or take Soi Yume from Klang, turn left onto North Road and drive/ride 2 mins to the Makro driveway. That median break to/from the bus station is absolutely diabolical, unless you're on a moto.

In Pattaya it would be no surprise at all. Perhaps you've noticed 7Elevens/Family Marts on every corner and they keep opening new ones every minute. They have 7 on my street alone.

They could open 5 Macros on or near Sukhumvit and on one would bat an eyelid. The normal rules of marketing don't apply in this fine city.

Avoid the baht busses JT its much safer for you cheesy.gif

Good selection (seems not for all items full selection but ok), good prices, convenient to shop. Not too large, easy to get around.

Small bakery selection with ok bread (cheap).

However watch out as you can't use a credit card to pay with (very strange as most corporate customers will have rather big bills and walking around with a bag full of bank notes isn't pleasant) ... luckily had (just) enough cash or would have had to leave the lot behind ...

Enough cash registers opened so hardly any queue.

However watch out as you can't use a credit card to pay

There is supposesd to be one credit card that they will take ( can't remember which one )

also remember they don't provide bags for free so take your own or buy theirs.

The main Makro opening hours are 06.00 - 23.00 hrs.

It is a good job Jesse Frank doesn't live in the provinces - we come down to Pattaya makro to get the things we can't get upcountry! smile.pngsmile.png

Often cheaper as well.

It is a good job Jesse Frank doesn't live in the provinces - we come down to Pattaya makro to get the things we can't get upcountry! smile.pngsmile.png

Often cheaper as well.

I thought that there were Makro's countrywide.

A quick visit. Much smaller, half the size of a traditional Makro. Has all the food basics but lacks the TV's, appliances etc., which is no big deal for me. Doesn't waste space with 2 aisles of potato chips for example.

Often cheaper as well.

Sign on North Road Makro says 0600 to 2200.

Went there last night and i think this is my new favorite spot to shop. They seem to have a pretty good selection of both Thai and Western food. And the parking lot is much easier to get in and out of than Foodland.