Thai protesters to 'appoint new government': spokesman

webfact

Strange sounds emanating from Bangkok in the past 24 hours: canine noises from the barking mad PDRC leadership and an odd bounding noise coming the direction of the Constitutional Court, which sounds for all the world like a Kangaroo Court in session.

The world's media is lining up to make fun of this court today. An example: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304431104579547340574302518

But the rest of the world is supporting the yellows rolleyes.gif

The terrorist sutheps supporters here said so cheesy.gif

I wonder what it is like living in a yellow world

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And why the protesters new government would have any "legitimacy"?

Are you asking a question?

And why WOULD the protesters new government would have any "legitimacy"?

Because if you are, the answer is clearly not.

Their government would have as much legitimacy as one proposed by you or I.

But I guess it gets boring out there in the park so they need to play some sort of games to help pass the time.

But not as much as Mango Bobs. He already has 3 votes from TV members which is good enough for me tongue.png

Gen Prayuth was very vocal on the call for Lanna State but silence on this illegal government.

The 'Lanna State' would separate Thailand into smaller pieces. As General Prayuth cannot sit still when people hold rallies for that (and even have government members present).

The government which the PDRC may propose would need approval of the Senate. Also there is no separatist talk. So why would the general speak out now?

It's like the Pheu Thai spokesman tactic. I accuse and challenge you to prove my accusation is wrong.

Yellow logic. Both are illegal declaration and should be equally condemned by the army chief.

lack of logic, but then you're only trying to help an embattled decimated caretaker government aren't you?

The General doesn't have to do anything. Even his condemnation of the 'lanna state' remarks were seen by some as pure bias and antigovernment attitude.

Double standards, thy name is Thaksin/Pheu Thai government supporter.

Well, unlike the Pheu Thai the anti-government protesters tends to follow laws a bit more strictly. So we need to follow this from the OP:

"was not immediately clear what legal basis their vow draws on, but the Thai constitution has an article which may enable the appointment of a new executive body by the Senate"

Kidnapping, assault, corruption, extortion, blocking people right to vote and treason, yep they follow the law perfectly. Feel free to join us on planet earth one day my friend.

Are you also saying that a group of terrorists in Lumpini park are now the senate?,

• Like 1

this is absolute bullsh*t, they are juast as bad as rhe reds now thinking that they have the right to tell people what they are and are not allowed to do. They did what they set out to, remove yl and some of the ministers but now they need to let the country sort this out legally as do the reds. It is only the extremists on both sides that are going to cause problems, the leaders need to show some backbone and make sure that violence does not start up.

Why the surprise?

This has been their intention all along.

Get rid of the elected government and usurp power for themselves without consulting the people.

It's getting increasingly difficult for the Yellows on TVF to remain behind their veil of ignorance.

Again, funny how reality eventually intrudes into the lives of even the most deluded and ignorant of those amongst us!

Ha! There is more truth than lies in what you say...but I still think both sides are liars (not a popular opinion, but I hate popularity).

Suthep can say what he wants, and there are people who will say that Suthep has said this or that or another when he did not these things at all

At the moment many members and members of PTP who are putting words in to Sutheps mouth

But there is one fact only

Suthep can not appoint a self appointed PM

Fake words now?

Is this one of those situations like when he said he claimed sovereign power for his "movement", people like you denied he said that, only for him to turn up the very next day and retract the sovereign claim?

By the way if such a thing as a self appointed PM existed, the only person able to appoint that person would be that self appointed PM - the clue is in the words.

But you're quite right, "Suthep can not appoint a self appointed PM"

some people love to twist the facts

he said he claimed sovereign power for his "movement",

only for him to turn up the very next day and retract the sovereign claim?

The way I read it is h eturned up and denied he said that, and his comments where twisted from the truth of what he said

Now we all know tell enought lies and hope some on believes you

The old PTP is gone now my friend

time to find a new story to follow

When I become PM I will order all you SOB's who insulted me here deported.

Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Could i have a flight to Melbourne in mid December thanks tongue.png

this is absolute bullsh*t, they are juast as bad as rhe reds now thinking that they have the right to tell people what they are and are not allowed to do. They did what they set out to, remove yl and some of the ministers but now they need to let the country sort this out legally as do the reds. It is only the extremists on both sides that are going to cause problems, the leaders need to show some backbone and make sure that violence does not start up.

Why the surprise?

This has been their intention all along.

Get rid of the elected government and usurp power for themselves without consulting the people.

It's getting increasingly difficult for the Yellows on TVF to remain behind their veil of ignorance.

Again, funny how reality eventually intrudes into the lives of even the most deluded and ignorant of those amongst us!

And how long do you expect an unelected government to be tolerated by the Thai people and Internationally. They aren't the military, after all.

Unfortunately PT is owned by Thaksin. It is HIS party. If that were not the case, a lot of PT would drop them like a hot stone and form their own party. Perhaps that explains the rush for a new election - to stop them jumping ship. I'd fully support PT in absence of their dirty corrupt politicians. I'm sure they have lost a lot fo support, but still not enough for the Dems to win an election (never did much to help the poor, or at least it was not advertised). I'd predict the balance of power will be with minority parties.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Suthep may very will have driven many more millions over into the Red camp.

Perhaps the Thai people will hand an overwhelming and uncontestable majority to the Reds as a way to finally bring this stalemate to a decisive end.

Remember Thaksins' popularity peaked at 375 out of 500 seats (2005) - who's to say it won't return to these astronomical levels?27

Only an election will reveal all.

The sooner one is held the better.

Have you ever thought one of the reforms maybe to re-balance the areas of voteing base

The electoral district boundaries are determined by a distribution process which provides for an approximate equal number of electors in each electoral district. A margin of allowance of plus or minus 10% of the average enrolment is permitted.

so they may feel the present numbers of red shirts in one area is to high

"After the Constitutional Court's decision yesterday.... the government has lost all legitimacy and any claim it has to govern the country." This I agree. What I question is, what legitimacy does the protestors have in appointing a new government? This is just being like their red brothers and sisters - doing what it damn well pleases, regardless.

Well, unlike the Pheu Thai the anti-government protesters tends to follow laws a bit more strictly. So we need to follow this from the OP:

"was not immediately clear what legal basis their vow draws on, but the Thai constitution has an article which may enable the appointment of a new executive body by the Senate"

Kidnapping, assault, corruption, extortion, blocking people right to vote and treason, yep they follow the law perfectly. Feel free to join us on planet earth one day my friend.

Are you also saying that a group of terrorists in Lumpini park are now the senate?,

No, I'm not saying.

No, I'm not saying.

I misunderstood your post then, apologies wai.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They showing their real colors... Nothing more that a power-hungry movement...

I hoped Abhisit could be the one trying to cool down the situation, but he failed too.

Dark times ahead for our dear Thailand.

No, PDRC/Democrats have always shown their colors - yellow down the middle of the back - when it comes to an elected government.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Wonder what portfolio Pu Luang will get? Minister of Defense? Maybe the head of the National Security Council?

Thawil Pliensri is the undisputed Chief of NSC and he has stated he reports to no one. Therefore, the interim government cannot replace him.

Suthep will make all things better now, There will be perfection now. All will be well. The evil Shins created everything that was evil. Now all is safe. Forever. Amen,

Yes, and let's make Phra Issara the new CAPO chief.

Suthep will make all things better now, There will be perfection now. All will be well. The evil Shins created everything that was evil. Now all is safe. Forever. Amen,

Yes, and let's make Phra Issara the new CAPO chief.

Have you bothered to seek professional medical help for these delusional nightmares you have?

Because Suthep represent the real people of thailand.

Oh, REALLY? Is that why he's scared S**tless to take his protests to the north and northeast, keeping them confined to only BKK and his elite backers?

• Like 1