Thai protesters to 'appoint new government': spokesman

webfact

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And how long do you expect an unelected government to be tolerated by the Thai people and Internationally. They aren't the military, after all.

Unfortunately PT is owned by Thaksin. It is HIS party. If that were not the case, a lot of PT would drop them like a hot stone and form their own party. Perhaps that explains the rush for a new election - to stop them jumping ship. I'd fully support PT in absence of their dirty corrupt politicians. I'm sure they have lost a lot fo support, but still not enough for the Dems to win an election (never did much to help the poor, or at least it was not advertised). I'd predict the balance of power will be with minority parties.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Suthep may very will have driven many more millions over into the Red camp.

Perhaps the Thai people will hand an overwhelming and uncontestable majority to the Reds as a way to finally bring this stalemate to a decisive end.

Remember Thaksins' popularity peaked at 375 out of 500 seats (2005) - who's to say it won't return to these astronomical levels?27

Only an election will reveal all.

The sooner one is held the better.

May be yes, may be no, but one thing is certain. Without reforms first a new election can only be a repeat of the previous one with a ignorant population voting in a party which prompty ignores them and starts raping the country as if it's theirs. Plus the odd blanket amnesty bill to cover any 'possible' misdoings to be sure.

Here we go again with the 'ignorant population' buffalo dung. The people of this country are far more aware of the workings of Thai politics than you seem aware and those who wish to continue the status quo are willing to acknowledge, hence this kind of statement. They have stoically put up with this for generations. But for the fact that they are by and largely peaceful by nature, Thailand would have experienced the social revolutions that other parts of the world have experienced, they should be credited and rewarded for this, not continually marginalized, belittled and demonized by their self anointed betters.

To highlight my point: 'Currently, 72 % of Thailand's general public expenditures are being spent in Bangkok, which is home to 17% of the country’s population and produces 26% of the GDP. In contrast, the Northeast, which holds 34 % of the country's population, receives 6% of the expenditures.' This is quoted from the world bank and relates to 2012. These figures represent and improvement in the disparity.

To corroborate your claim that voters are ignorant you use more emotive language in your claim 'raping the country'. Whether of not this is true, I don't really care tbh, I take issue with your attempt to belittle people who would have no foresight of such behavior.

Then, finally the amnesty bill. Do you have any evidence that your so called ignorant masses were in favour of this? No, I think the Redshirts were not in favour at all, and were in fact lobbying for the International Court to hear the cases against Abhisit and Suthep.

As a late edit, I would like to add this. I have lived happily for over 10 years amongst the rural poor of this country. I have found that many exhibit similar traits to the so called elites. They lie, cheat, swindle, scam and steal just like their role models, the only ignorance I can accuse them of is the fact they have yet to create a system that allows them to get away with it.

Edited by chrisrazz
  • Like 2

Each day both groups try to make themselves look more and mire stupid. You would nearly think they are in competition for an award for it. Today's turn is the PDRC. Tomorrow will be the red shirts and so on.

The only way this will be resolved is through reforms and an election. Everyone sign up for it and thats it. The winner of the election is the winner - no crying no complaining.

For starters, how about telling us what reforms you are talking about. Mark doesn't explain either and Suthep is just barking at the moon. If you've already explained somewhere, how about giving us a link. If somebody else has explained, how about a link. The EC has scheduled an election on July 20. Will you accept the results of that election? Will the Democrats? If not, how about explaining what you would accept. Saying "reforms first then election" is not enough. We can't negotiate until somebody makes some kind of proposal. You can't expect the Reds to just guess whatever it is you want besides getting rid of the Shinnawatra clan. I am looking forward to seeing what Suthep has to say about "sovereign power" and who the sovereign is (I thought it was HM, but Suthep doesn't seem to agree).

Each day both groups try to make themselves look more and mire stupid. You would nearly think they are in competition for an award for it. Today's turn is the PDRC. Tomorrow will be the red shirts and so on.

The only way this will be resolved is through reforms and an election. Everyone sign up for it and thats it. The winner of the election is the winner - no crying no complaining.

For starters, how about telling us what reforms you are talking about. Mark doesn't explain either and Suthep is just barking at the moon. If you've already explained somewhere, how about giving us a link. If somebody else has explained, how about a link. The EC has scheduled an election on July 20. Will you accept the results of that election? Will the Democrats? If not, how about explaining what you would accept. Saying "reforms first then election" is not enough. We can't negotiate until somebody makes some kind of proposal. You can't expect the Reds to just guess whatever it is you want besides getting rid of the Shinnawatra clan. I am looking forward to seeing what Suthep has to say about "sovereign power" and who the sovereign is (I thought it was HM, but Suthep doesn't seem to agree).

Acharn has a point. No one has really explain the reform details. In a sense, Noppadon proposal made the most sense. Every parties including Suterp campaign their reform and the next government set up a reform council and incorporate all the reform details. Have a referendum on what the people want for reform. Decree the reform and implement 12-18 months. Hold an election to gauge whether the citizens are satisfy with the implementation. That seem a logical and legal reform process.

May be yes, may be no, but one thing is certain. Without reforms first a new election can only be a repeat of the previous one with a ignorant population voting in a party which prompty ignores them and starts raping the country as if it's theirs. Plus the odd blanket amnesty bill to cover any 'possible' misdoings to be sure.

Here we go again with the 'ignorant population' buffalo dung. The people of this country are far more aware of the workings of Thai politics than you seem aware and those who wish to continue the status quo are willing to acknowledge, hence this kind of statement. They have stoically put up with this for generations. But for the fact that they are by and largely peaceful by nature, Thailand would have experienced the social revolutions that other parts of the world have experienced, they should be credited and rewarded for this, not continually marginalized, belittled and demonized by their self anointed betters.

To highlight my point: 'Currently, 72 % of Thailand's general public expenditures are being spent in Bangkok, which is home to 17% of the country’s population and produces 26% of the GDP. In contrast, the Northeast, which holds 34 % of the country's population, receives 6% of the expenditures.' This is quoted from the world bank and relates to 2012. These figures represent and improvement in the disparity.

To corroborate your claim that voters are ignorant you use more emotive language in your claim 'raping the country'. Whether of not this is true, I don't really care tbh, I take issue with your attempt to belittle people who would have no foresight of such behavior.

Then, finally the amnesty bill. Do you have any evidence that your so called ignorant masses were in favour of this? No, I think the Redshirts were not in favour at all, and were in fact lobbying for the International Court to hear the cases against Abhisit and Suthep.

As a late edit, I would like to add this. I have lived happily for over 10 years amongst the rural poor of this country. I have found that many exhibit similar traits to the so called elites. They lie, cheat, swindle, scam and steal just like their role models, the only ignorance I can accuse them of is the fact they have yet to create a system that allows them to get away with it.

you're right, I shouldn't have written the 'ignorant population part'. Excuses. What I should have written is 'a population still caught in the age old patronage system binding them to the local elite'.

AS for the WB quote, that seems a bit off and needs clarification. I assume 'general public expenditures' are the various budgets which make up the National Budget? Also a pity it is not indicated what part of the GDP the NorthEast produces.

I didn't say that apart from the Yingluck government anyone was in favour of the blanket amnesty bill. Certainly the fact that it had to include Abhisit/Suthep would upset red-shirts. Still their UDD leaders have managed to make them forget about it. The lobbying to the ICC is/was done y Robert Amsterdam c.s. for the UDD while full well knowing Thailand has not ratified treaties and therefor cannot depend on the ICC. Of course the suggestion by Dr. weng to accept jurisdiction on the ICC for some special, well-defined cases went nowhere. The 'request to investigate possible crimes against humanity' was submitted on 2011-01-31.

To your last edit, I can only say that I hope we can get reforms which will be binding to ALL.

Now, the protester have the power to appoint a government.. What a joke in Thailand.. Someone please tell the protestor that the only way to appoint a government is to go for election and not by their current status as protester to appoint a government.. Just call them to wake up and don't listen to their rally leader to much and start to learn some general knowledge on politic and government..

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that you will find that the PTP have NO authority as a disgraced party to pick the PM either.

They picked YL's successor in a rush setup before the constitution could be consulted, knowing the the stupid Thai constitution is missing many articles to make provisions for anything happening in today's political climate....

The actual and most organic procedure would be the senate, seeing as it is sitting at the moment.. The PDRC would clearly go through the senate to make the call for replacing the PM and empty cabinet positions.

The PTP have assumed the power even though there is NO parliament and they have only a dozen members in 'caretaker' roles.... they don't actually own the role of appointing a new PM... They are no longer in power. It is as simple as that... The CC should be telling them that they do not have power. They are NOT the government... again I stress this point. The government disappeared from the scene after parliament was dissolved. They are nothing more than a political party with a few members remaining in caretaker jobs.... nothing more than that.

As long as the PDRC demand that this appointment go via the senate.... they have it 100% correct.

You are correct on the last sentence.. But remember the CC only dismissed Yingluck and other 9 minister but not the ruling party and the CC also stated that other caretaker role is still effective.

So if you want what you say then ask to CC to dismissed the whole caretaker role and the whole PT party.. And in the constitution they stated that the out going party will rule on behalf until a now government is form. So if you want other then that then ask PDRC to be a valid political party so that they can appeal to the Senate to let them form a new government..

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 5.3 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app