Pheu Thai hits back at the National Audit Office

webfact

Am I recalling this incorrectly, or didn't the EC, those responsible running an election, advise Pheu Thai not to hold an election on that date?

And Pheu Thai decided to ignore this advice.

So would that not make them responsible for the outcome?

The Thai EC is the only EC in the world that actually never wants elections held.

The EC is an incestuously appointed by product of the 2007 coup constitution.

Somchai is a regular PDRC rally attender and anti-government Facebook poster.

How ridiculous that the head of an independent agency can be so publicly and overtly political.

Funny how Yingluck is held accountable for any rice scheme failures yet the EC is not held accountable for any election failures.

Surely the EC are the very definition of malfeasance, corruption and dereliction of duty.

A constitution that the majority wanted even though upwards of 90% in some places voted no for it in the north.

Time to respect the will of the majority. Even if you don't accept it.

If my parents told me not to cross the busy highway until it was free of traffic, but I ignored them and crossed the road anyway and got hit by a bus. Should I then blame the bus driver or take some responsibility and admit my parents were right. They knew what would happen, but I did it anyway.

What a joke of a country. Where was the police and military in stopping these fascists? Why do you let saboteurs ruin the Democratic process? What if this happened in your own country?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Am I recalling this incorrectly, or didn't the EC, those responsible running an election, advise Pheu Thai not to hold an election on that date?

The Thai EC is the only EC in the world that actually never wants elections held.

How ridiculous that the head of an independent agency can be so publicly and overtly political.

Funny how Yingluck is held accountable for any rice scheme failures yet the EC is not held accountable for any election failures.

Surely the EC are the very definition of malfeasance, corruption and dereliction of duty.

A constitution that the majority wanted even though upwards of 90% in some places voted no for it in the north.

If my parents told me not to cross the busy highway until it was free of traffic, but I ignored them and crossed the road anyway and got hit by a bus. Should I then blame the bus driver or take some responsibility and admit my parents were right. They knew what would happen, but I did it anyway.

Unfortunately the EC would be the ones driving the bus in this instance and they would stand accused of driving without due care and attention

Amazing Thailand, Am I getting this correct, the EC runs the elections ,so the Audit office bills the PTP for a failed election, the EC has the say of when if and why when it comes down to the wire in this instance, the PTP are a caretaker government , about as much clout as a feather, although the bulls!!t coming from the PTP would not indicate this , at the end of the day regardless of what the PTP have to say or do, the EC are the people in charge of this little failure.bah.gif

you would think that the would know about the upcoming disruptions and would have called for more security? Stay incompetent fools? Legals the NAVY slums remove the lot for dereliction of duty? Fat chance. This country is do one sided it had become the laughing stock of the free world.

It was only advice.

Like a 'Shark infested water' sign is just advice?

• Like 1

What right does the EC have in telling when election should or should bit be held? They have one job and they failed miserably. If they cannot carry out their must basic duty, they should all resign and make easy for those who can!

• Like 1

The election was not a waste of money at all, it was a very useful referendum on public opinion regarding state of the election process in Thailand presently, we needed those numbers to settle the argument.

and it prove democracy is alive and well, but for fascist saboteurs

Are they the ones wearing yellow clogs?

Actually the EC was told elections could be cancelled as long as the EC and YL agreed jointly. The EC tried to stop it but YL and her party insisted it continue. Since they could not agree together to cancel it they were duty bound to continue. YL and the PTP are responsible for not taking the ECs advise. But i believe you will find that all hardcore REDS in here will say it is the PDRCs fault for protesting.

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Surely the EC are the very definition of malfeasance, corruption and dereliction of duty

Not as long as PTP are around, I was going to say Yingluck but, of course, being convicted of dereliction of duty, she isn't around.

It was only advice.

Like a 'Shark infested water' sign is just advice?

TVF Rule 19 "Do not make changes to quoted material that changes the intended meaning of the quoted post"

Do you know why that is a rule, Thaddeus?

It is so people like you do not alter the post you are replying to to change it's meaning. Otherwise if you had read the full text you would see where I explained why it was only advice and pretty inconsequential advice at that, bearing in mind the Constitution, thus rendering your "post" as pointless, which it is.

They convieniently forget those little moves.

The constitution have a set of rules to follow. The government and in turn the EC followed them. The street mob led by Suthep decided to take a shit on the same constitution, and blocked the votes given by several millions of voters. If the auditor general or the EC knew of Sutheps plans in advance and did nothing to stop them, then maybe there need to be a few more arrest warrants for insurrection?

• Like 2

The constitution have a set of rules to follow. The government and in turn the EC followed them. The street mob led by Suthep decided to take a shit on the same constitution, and blocked the votes given by several millions of voters. If the auditor general or the EC knew of Sutheps plans in advance and did nothing to stop them, then maybe there need to be a few more arrest warrants for insurrection?

Actually the anti-government protesters didn't block any votes given.

Things are just not going right for Prompong. His tireless efforts over the years to rail against everything that moves have taken such a toll on this man. Pheu Thai's Mr. Threat will doubtless be the last to go. Long after Pheu Thai has left the stage, he'll still be holding press conferences, still railing against all who he has forgotten to rail against. He needs a sedative.

No - he needs to be taken to prison to serve the sentence given to him some while back.

I would imagine this little spat stems from the audit office advancing the EC money to run the election with the expectation that it would be reimbursed by the caretaker government.

It would appear that said caretaker government has not returned the money to the audit office citing the excuses listed in the OP.

Regardless of who is to blame for the failure of the election the caretaker government must have an obligation to give the money to the NAC as they forwarded it to the EC in good faith.

It would then be up to the caretaker government to recover the money from whoever they deem responsible.

How silly would it be to demand that the EC pay the 3.8 billion to whoever, after all they have no money of their own they only get funding to run an election plus their normal working budget.

Lets say the EC are forced to give the 3,8 billion then they will say "Sorry we have no money to run another election, we have been forced to give it away"

Unfortunately the EC would be the ones driving the bus in this instance and they would stand accused of driving without due care and attention

Even more so because in most civilized countries with functioning democracies, the pedestrian has the right of way.

Your recollections are correct.

And your question is answered in the affirmative.

That's why the check-bin is theirs.

Now pay up, Shinawatra. It's a paltry amount for you, anyway.

.......BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party Thursday slammed the National Audit Office for demanding about 3,800 million baht in compensation to cover the expenditure for the aborted February 2 election.

.......Prompong suggested the National Audit Office to sue Suthep and his gang to demand compensation for the failed election which costs the state 3.8 billion baht for preparations.

How many millions make a billion again??? must join this bank ASAP.

I think the figures quoted are correct, just confusing when they mention millions and then billions. They should keep to the same denominations

-How do you write out 3.8 million - The Q&A wiki - Answers.com 3.8 billion, written out, is 3,800,000,000 thumbsup.gif

x5-8-2014-10-10-29-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.p

Now look at the picture, the middle one who takes the word is a convicted criminal who for wahtever reason is not in jail yet and is till allowed to function as official spokesman for a bunch of criminals political party, while the ones left and right side of him are very well aware of the crap and lies he's sprouting as they are even too ashamed to look the public in the eyes.

x5-8-2014-10-10-29-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg.p

Now look at the picture, the middle one who takes the word is a convicted criminal who for wahtever reason is not in jail yet and is till allowed to function as official spokesman for a bunch of criminals political party, while the ones left and right side of him are very well aware of the crap and lies he's sprouting as they are even too ashamed to look the public in the eyes.

Google image search results.

Reservoir Dogs - 1,908.657

Dodgy - 66,000,000

(that's a fabrication, but hey, they tell lies, so it's fair game)

Where were you with this vital information when Yingluck was elected?cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Thaksin supporters continually amaze me with how low mankind's intelligence can go.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

I hope the cabinet will be sued as individuals for this money. Should be no problem for them, if they dip into the profits from the fake sales of rice to China. 4 million tons re-pledged to the govt at a profit of B5k a ton should have netted a cool B20bn. That is without have to use profits from any other ministries.

No , Not at all

If they were ordered not to hold the elections they would have being responsible,

but as it was they were exercising their lawful right. It is the opposition that unlawfully disrupted these elections and it is them that are guilty of unlawful conduct

If you were told not to go out tonight because you might get mugged, and you went out any way and get mugged, is not the mugger guilty of the mugging?

Edited by sirineou

The election was not a waste of money at all, it was a very useful referendum on public opinion regarding state of the election process in Thailand presently, we needed those numbers to settle the argument.

Save 3.8 billion by appointing Suthep the perpetual PM.

Save 3.8 billion by appointing Suthep the perpetual PM.

One problem .. Suthep doesn't want to be PM. He has said so!

But then Thaksin had said he is NOT involved in politics ....!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1