Releasing sea turtles in KHANOM

sibelius

Great to see thumbsup.gif

But I think they will have a long journey out to sea, and only a few will survive..... such is a turtles life... sadly...

But those that do will come back to the same spot and lay eggs..... many years from now!

(there was a documentary recently of the telly about turtles.... or I would not have known that! ) wink.png

Problem is it's reality, and needs to be stopped .... on all creatures.... Changing the mind set of using these or other animals for decoration or "medicine", is not an easy process... sad.png

Kudos to the group who have gone through the effort of getting the turtles to the release stage~ thumbsup.gif

I am sure Impulse posted those images, for awareness... rather than try to take this off topic.... (?)

Edited by samuijimmy

I am sure Impulse posted those images, for awareness... rather than try to take this off topic.... (?)

The thing is, positive news and images promote awareness as well as negative, without having the doom-and-gloom, news at six feeling. Controversial and/or shocking images do little to sway those who don't care anyway, but do to tend to reinforce the abhorrence felt by those posting them...

My apologies for emphasis away from of a great story.

Khanom is doing an admirable work on one side of the turtle recovery equation, and I salute them for it.

But the turtle recovery equation has 2 sides, and I was trying to paint a very unappealing picture of the other side, in hopes that anyone who is tempted to buy that quaint, harmless looking turtle shell souvenir will think twice and walk away. That includes not just the whole turtles, but the thousands of other turtle shell trinkets that don't show up clearly in the photo (since the lady obviously wasn't too keen on me taking photos)

Because, the thing is- in most places, all they sell is the trinkets and they don't have the turtles on the wall to remind us where they come from. That's why I snapped these photos in the first place- because they are so "in your face".

Once again, my apologies.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2