Sacred oxen 'predict' year of plenty

Lite Beer

Oxen are more intelligent than their owners

What does that say about Octopuses (Octopi?) and European football fans?

Paul the Octopus (hatched in 2008, died October 2010) was a common octopus living in a tank at a Sea Life Centrein Oberhausen, Germany, who was used as an animal oracle to predict the results of football matches, usually international matches in which Germany was playing. He came to worldwide attention with his accurate predictions in the 2010 World Cup.

Octopus-Predicts-World-Cup-Match-Results

Edited by Suradit69

"the sacred oxen were given grass, rice, corn, beans, sesame, liquor and water from which to choose."

Let's see: Oxen are herbivores. What will they eat? (Contrary to the beef marketing campaigns that promote "grain-fed".)

"interesting" costumes the dudes are wearing, anybody know the mythology or history behind this ceremony?

I know the history. Once upon a time a conman met an idiot.....................

• Like 2

Coincidence?

I laid the most amazing brick this morning - it had the shape of a Banana and was of a greenish-brown at the top, turning into a black chocolate color at the lower end. Thus I predict a very good Banana season and the worldwide rennaisance of the Banana split.

We don't want to know that.

But there you have it :)

"interesting" costumes the dudes are wearing, anybody know the mythology or history behind this ceremony?

Google "royal ploughing ceremony in thailand".

About 93,400 results

(0.27 seconds)
It's easy, then look it up.

Have they ever forecast a bad year ?

According to American scientists an unusually strong El Nino is forecast for the last quarter of this year,accurate to 80%,causing widespread drought in SE Asia,one of the reasons i will only plant rice on about 30 Rai of my wife's 220 Rai this year, i predict widespread withered crops for Thailand.