NACC ruling violates charter, Pheu Thai lawyer claims

Lite Beer

NACC ruling violates charter, Pheu Thai lawyer claims
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party lawyer Pichit Chuenban has accused the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) of unfairly indicting former caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra - in contravention of the Constitution - by combining two petitions to examine alleged mishandling of the rice-pledging scheme into one.

Pichit also questioned the timing of the indictment, just a day after the Constitutional Court removed Yingluck from office and a day before the Senate begins meeting to select a new speaker.

Pichit said the NACC combined petitions by the opposition Democrat Party with a criminal-case petition on the same issue. This, he said, resulted in a mixing of evidence provided by the Democrats in which two witness accounts and a remark made in Parliament were combined with other evidence about information from the subcommittee overseeing rice-pledging accounting.

Pichit claimed the practice was unconstitutional - contrary to Article 272 of the charter - and said Yingluck would in the near future have to provide more information to the Senate to defend herself to the Upper House, which will have to determine if she is guilty and whether she should be banned from politics for five years.

Pichit said Yingluck had protested her innocence to the NACC, but to no avail.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-10

Wriggling desperately as usual. Corruption caught don't have the cojones to accept their wrongdoing.....

They still think everything against them is "unfair".

Sook sook sook.

In a country where not a single sole observes rules of any kind, I find this laughable. Everyone lying to everyone, and pretending that they are honorable.

Aha....I see you are beginning to understand the basics of "Thainess".....

• Like 1

In a country where not a single sole observes rules of any kind, I find this laughable. Everyone lying to everyone, and pretending that they are honorable.

I thought soi Cowboy was an example of Thainess?

This Pichit, it's not the same bloke that tried to bribe the judges in Thaksins Ratchadapisek land case with a pastry box stuffed with 2 million baht is it?? And then by way of excuse claimed he grabbed the "wrong box" from the car? LOL, credibility anyone?

This Pichit, it's not the same bloke that tried to bribe the judges in Thaksins Ratchadapisek land case with a pastry box stuffed with 2 million baht is it??

YES!

http://asiancorrespondent.com/21407/thaksins-lawyers-go-to-jail/

If this is the same lunch box man why is he still a lawyer? I thought that guy got a custodial sentence or am I wrong. Does Thailand have the eqivalent of a bar society?(In a legal sense of course)

Edited by paymaster
  • Like 1

"Pheu Thai Party lawyer Pichit Chuenban has accused the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) of unfairly indicting former caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra - in contravention of the Constitution - by combining two petitions to examine alleged mishandling of the rice-pledging scheme into one."

At least he isn't stupid enough to claim she isn't guilty as charged, only that Yingluck, the darling of Issan, is.

"Pichit said Yingluck had protested her innocence to the NACC, but to no avail."

post-46292-0-29264600-1399686852_thumb.j I have been framed

and now a word from our sponsor

post-46292-0-30180900-1399686786_thumb.j move over Poo

• Like 2

These people seem to read something into a situation that is not even near the ball park, this brow beating tactic has become tiresome and shows that to try to be an intellectual and being one is still a long way off from some in the PTP , they would be better suited playing with their bah.gif marbles in the school yard than the positions that they hold within the PTP..

This Pichit, it's not the same bloke that tried to bribe the judges in Thaksins Ratchadapisek land case with a pastry box stuffed with 2 million baht is it?? And then by way of excuse claimed he grabbed the "wrong box" from the car? LOL, credibility anyone?

This Pichit, it's not the same bloke that tried to bribe the judges in Thaksins Ratchadapisek land case with a pastry box stuffed with 2 million baht is it??

YES!

Amazing. Thanks for the link. According to the news article, "Any lawyer who is convicted of the charge cannot cannot work as a lawyer in any court again." I guess this means he can still practice but not make court appearances.

Less than zero credibility. Wow. TIT.

YES!

Well actually, No,

He was indicted because he was perceived to be involved in the bribing of a court official (not a Judge - you think you can buy a Supreme Court judge for a paltry 2 million baht?!) because he was in the same building at the time.

The co-ordinator Thana Thansiri was the one who handed the box of money over which was photographed and then handed back, this being in a room where there was no CCTV whistling.gif . One could ask why Thana was not arrested on the spot?

An interesting side note was that Thana was not present when the sentence was passed. His defence was that he was sick. The Court disagreed and started a manhunt which ended eventually when they found him in Bumrungrad Hospital - guess he was sick after all..............

YES!

no he tried to bribe officials in the office there. Most probably to get a foot into the door to bribe the judge later on.

"Pichit said Yingluck had protested her innocence to the NACC, but to no avail."

If we believed every crook that protested their innocence the jails would be empty. I believe the evidence.

..do you believe in SANTA too?

If we believed every crook that protested their innocence the jails would be empty. I believe the evidence.

are you saying hes not real....then who eats the mince pies i leave him then..

• Like 2

Not sure what is Pichit's own status as lawyer these days.

Seems like he and the others were disbarred (or something equivalent, not an expert on relevant Thai legal terms) for 5 years,

with the decision made on 9.9.2009....

I know he was disqualified as MP due to jail time resulting from this case.

The Lawyers Council of Thailand yesterday imposed a five-year ban on three lawyers from fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra's defence team fighting the Ratchadaphisek land scandal case - for their involvement in the "Bt2-million pastry bag" incident.

Sithichok yesterday said this was the most serious case of conduct violation he had experienced since he became a member of the committee over a decade ago.

He said the banned lawyers would not be allowed to act as case lawyers for the next five years. When the ban is completed, they can apply to become registered lawyers again but the Lawyers Council of Thailand will need to approve their applications.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/09/10/politics/politics_30111902.php

It has to be admitted it hasn't been a good period for Pheu Thai lawyers. You'd think at this point they'd head for the nearest saloon to block out whatever memory remains. It seems not a day goes by without Pheu Thai issuing another accusation against either the Constitutional Court, National Anti-Corruption Commission, or any of the other independent agencies empowered in the constitution, not to mention other courts that have angered Pheu Thai over the years - The Administrative Court, the Supreme Administration Court, the Criminal Court. Seriously, is there anyone else still left ? In a sense, one wonders what Pheu Thai is worried about. They don't abide by the rulings in any event. Surapong's still there. Chalerm's still there. They're clearly not leaving, no matter what anybody says. There is nothing the Pheu Thai administration can do or say at this point that will change the dynamic. They are on a veritable loop are far as these legal challenges are concerned. They seem to be emerging from everywhere. Grasping at straws may be a good way to put it. A better way to put it would be just - grasping.

Edited by Scamper
  • Like 1

Thailands corruption is miniscule, compared to the USA and UK...so don't be laughing too hard.....

Like to provide your evidence on that one?

Although I agree, that banks, accountants and conglomerates have their own interpretations of the word "honest".

• Like 1

It has to be admitted it hasn't been a good period for Pheu Thai lawyers. You'd think at this point they'd head for the nearest saloon to block out whatever memory remains. It seems not a day goes by without Pheu Thai issuing another accusation against either the Constitutional Court, National Anti-Corruption Commission, or any of the other independent agencies empowered in the constitution, not to mention other courts that have angered Pheu Thai over the years - The Administrative Court, the Supreme Administration Court, the Criminal Court. Seriously, is there anyone else still left ? In a sense, one wonders what Pheu Thai is worried about. They don't abide by the rulings in any event. Surapong's still there. Chalerm's still there. They're clearly not leaving, no matter what anybody says. There is nothing the Pheu Thai administration can do or say at this point that will change the dynamic. They are on a veritable loop are far as these legal challenges are concerned. They seem to be emerging from everywhere. Grasping at straws may be a good way to put it. A better way to put it would be just - grasping.

What country do you live, that lawyers don't challenge court rulings?

You're probably right. The PT lawyers are wasting their time.

They should be challenging the people behind the scenes - the ones that pull the court judge's strings.

Edited by rijb

"Pheu Thai Party lawyer Pichit Chuenban has accused the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) of unfairly indicting former caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra - in contravention of the Constitution - by combining two petitions to examine alleged mishandling of the rice-pledging scheme into one."

At least he isn't stupid enough to claim she isn't guilty as charged, only that Yingluck, the darling of Issan, is.

attachicon.gifyingluck 0.jpg I have been framed

and now a word from our sponsor

attachicon.gif544281_442935052450427_4854180_n.jpg move over Poo

post-46292-0-29264600-1399686852_thumb.j

You wouldn't believe what I just PhotoShopped into that picture!

I thought soi Cowboy was an example of Thainess?

Among other sois, yes!

I do

I hope your not telling me there is no Santa

post-13618-0-05880000-1399704734_thumb.p