crazy lady stole my change ...

coconutbar

Two pages of silly responses and no one understands what likely really happened here, what Paul Harvey would call, "the rest of the story."

When the coins fell on the ground, the OP stomped on them to keep them from rolling away.

Yes, you are a bad farang.

• Like 1

Absolute nonsense.

what's nonsense is this happened to me yesterday see I often goto slum areas and explore , drink and practise Thai on weekends in Bkk I guess I got a bad area.

171.gif

• Like 1

Absolute nonsense.

what's nonsense is this happened to me yesterday see I often goto slum areas and explore , drink and practise Thai on weekends in Bkk I guess I got a bad area.

"I often goto slum areas and explore , drink and practise Thai"

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Would you recommend a Thai to go in New York in the slum areas to drink and practise English?

• Like 1

Two pages of silly responses and no one understands what likely really happened here, what Paul Harvey would call, "the rest of the story."

When the coins fell on the ground, the OP stomped on them to keep them from rolling away.

I'm a newbie and I know that's a bad idea.

Even than it would surprise me if someone take notice....

Even than it would surprise me if someone take notice....

Well, why don't you try it? And video tape it to boot, then post everyone ignoring you stomping away. I've seen one coin set people off. A pocketful of change takes it to a whole new level.

just come back from take away chicken rice. sat down at a nice shaded seat on a shortcut back to eat it. 2 thirties something thai ladies come past. it was near their 3 story shop houses .off from the main street in a back alley. was a nice wooden seat with shady tree and pot plants around. "you want to sit inside free beer too." i had to reexplain that this was a very very nice seat. (i also dont drink beer but didnt offer that explanation.) ok doesnt happen everyday, but do you see a difference. wasnt a slum area but i also cut through shack type areas too. same friendly type reception

• Like 1

Absolute nonsense.

"I often goto slum areas and explore , drink and practise Thai"

crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif Would you recommend a Thai to go in New York in the slum areas to drink and practise English?

The OP figures that's where he can meet some hot, poor women. Well, poor anyways.

• Like 2

I never experienced such behaviors. Well, maybe because I never went to the slum areas.

Why would be surprised?

I spent a lot of time in those areas and I can tell you that if you were polite and obviously not looking too ostentatious, then you would not be robbed.

Absolute nonsense.

Unless you need to go for work or as a charity worker, it is not advisable to go into a slum area. The people are not oddities put there for you entertainment.

Why would you want to go drinking in a slum area, or practice Thai there? A slum is not the most appropriate area to practice the Thai language, particularly since the dialects and terms used deviate from standardized Thai. Sorry, but IMO anyone who considers going into slums as a nice outing has a screw loose. I was in some of BKK's worst slums years ago when I accompanied an g/f on her public health work. It was disgusting, dirty and dangerous.

just come back from take away chicken rice. sat down at a nice shaded seat on a shortcut back to eat it. 2 thirties something thai ladies come past. it was near their 3 story shop houses .off from the main street in a back alley. was a nice wooden seat with shady tree and pot plants around. "you want to sit inside free beer too." i had to reexplain that this was a very very nice seat. (i also dont drink beer but didnt offer that explanation.) ok doesnt happen everyday, but do you see a difference. wasnt a slum area but i also cut through shack type areas too. same friendly type reception

And some people say that Thais don't know how to use sarcasm.

And some people say that Thais don't know how to use sarcasm.

taken a long time to figure what you are saying. and that to me is something i am proud to say.

dont make too much of a splat to be clean off the sidewalk