Benz Thailand Cost and BMW Thailand Service Cost? Similar? Anywhere outside dealer?

Benz Thailand Cost and BMW Thailand Service Cost? Similar? Anywhere outside dealer?

Hello,

Do you have any experience with Benz Thailand and BMW Thailand servicing costs ? I guess they are similar ?

But when the car is not under warranty anymore many say that it's cheaper to service a Benz because it can be done anywhere, which is not true with BMW? Why ?

Anyway these cars are full of electronics so I guess that only the official dealer has the right equipment ?

Thanks.

I can only talk for BMW and I am very happy with service and price at Barcelona Motor. On the other hand I have VERY bad experience with Millennium Auto.

I have had general repairs made at no-name garages, but for technical faults, brakes I use Barcelona Motor.

Hi,

The warranty of my BMW just expired and I have it serviced at a place called B-Quick, I think. Even under warranty things like changing tires were done away from BMW. If you go to a reputable garage or chain service center like B-Quick it is much cheaper than going to BMW and they will find original parts such as break liners and oil filters or will allow you to chose an after market brand.

• Haha 1

Hi,

The warranty of my BMW just expired and I have it serviced at a place called B-Quick, I think. Even under warranty things like changing tires were done away from BMW. If you go to a reputable garage or chain service center like B-Quick it is much cheaper than going to BMW and they will find original parts such as break liners and oil filters or will allow you to chose an after market brand.

But until warranty expired you had to do all at BM ? Even tires ? Or the warranty would be void ?

And no problem with you car ? I read so many reports from people having problems with BMW, so it's good to know good feedbacks sometimes.

I find the Benz dealerships are very expensive. 8000 baht for a auto trans oil change. 1000 baht a litre for the oil.And this was the car they said no service for the auto. They soon done a turn around.Bloodly hell they were that sure there is no dipstick to the auto.

• Like 1

Hi,

But until warranty expired you had to do all at BM ? Even tires ? Or the warranty would be void ?

And no problem with you car ? I read so many reports from people having problems with BMW, so it's good to know good feedbacks sometimes.

No, the tires could be serviced any place. Other service could be done at any authorised service shop but as it was free I did all mine at BMW.

There were many problems with my 5 series other than the fact that it is assembled in Thailand yet costs 50% more here than in the UK. Some of the problems are common with all the 5 series and BMW knew about them yet sold the cars anyways.

I'm more of a Volvo and Land Rover person and will never buy a BMW again.

• 5 years later...
On 5/15/2014 at 5:40 AM, thaicookingchef said:

How can these German not be able to make reliable cars as Japanese ? Do they focus too much on design and style ???

Reliability takes time and money in development.  The German brands can sell less reliable cars at a premium with a bit of tuning, nice interior materials, styling and image.  No need to bother with the more difficult stuff. 

For BMW I used KW....on Ekkamai for a coupe of years after 5 year warranty expired. I never had a problem with them. There was a thread on same subject a few months ago so you could check this and previously a poster mentioned that he used a garage on Rama 3, but did not name it - possibly Rama 3 (III) Garage.

Have owned from new 2 BMWs in last 11 years or so and have had no problems with them

On 1/7/2020 at 9:56 PM, rech said:

hello, do you know any official Benz service center where at least 1 staff can speak English ? Tonglor cannot...

Hell and I thought I had a memory problem... You forgot already that you asked exactly the same question two or three days ago and had it answered...