English translations

ludwigvs

I gave to translate 15 pages of medical records mixed with some legal stuff to one translation company in Wireless road. As english is not my mother language I was not able to asses it onsite. I went with this translation to my English friend and he said that this is kind of joke what they writting here. Then I pass it to another friend who is perfect in both Thai and English. She translated it again and now translation looks completly different. She said that it was kind of "Pattaya" English and that in Thailand here is a lot of pseudo-translators who are uneducated amateurs and just scamming Customers.

I paid for useless translation 12750 baht. Just writting it to warn you against lucky dip translators here

There are certified translators in the west who have professional accreditation. I have never seen any such thing in Thailand. However I understand some lawyers will guarantee the accuracy although what comeback there is I don't know.

Not true.

For example near the German embassy Bangkok (in Q house) we had a translator Thai<>German who is certified/licensed for courts in Germany and of course for the embassy.

http://www.thai-uebersetzen.de/en/lageplan.html

Not cheap, 600 Baht for a simple housebook translation from Thai to German.

He does other stuff like marriage certificates. passports and all other legal stuff.

Would surprise me if there are no comparable professionals for Thai<>English.

Edited by KhunBENQ

when I need translators for German <=> Thai, I use the ones recommended / accepted by the Swiss Embassy.

for English, I would suggest to use the ones recommended by the US or UK embassy, with a little bit of google you will find the addresses (at least in the BKK area) on the homepage of the embassies.-..