Chalerm: Police paratroopers to arrest PDRC leaders

webfact

Police paratroopers to arrest PDRC leaders

suthep-PDRC-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Head of the Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) Chalerm Yoobamrung said he would use border police paratroopers to arrest all the 51 leaders of the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

He said CAPO has sought warrants for the arrest of 51 PDRC leaders on insurrection charges from the Criminal Court today.

If the court endorses the arrest, he said he would seek cooperation from the Hua Hin-based border patrol police paratroopers to join the metropolitan police’s Arintarat anti terrorism crack force to carry out the arrest at once.

Chalerm also anticipated increasing violence after the PDRC guards assaulted many innocent people and thus created hatred among the people.

The CAPO chief also said the protest rally of the redshirt United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship would be peaceful as protesters are those who are demanding democracy and wanting to see election in the country.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-paratroopers-arrest-pdrc-leaders/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-05-12

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice half the Foreign police volunteers have wings on their uniforms, is this the elite force they are going to use??

I'm ready, Colonel Mainwaring....

you better hope they don't hand you the same equip those two young recruits had recently...rest their souls.

• Like 1

Am I missing something, wasn't this clown sacked from government last week a long with Little Miss handbags the PM? Or was that not relevant to this , and if not ,why not? Confused!?facepalm.gif

Seems to be the trend nowadays: only listen to the courts if they rule against the other side.....

Would be indeed nice for the CC to come forward and to clarify their ruling as to who is allowed to do what.....

• Like 1

If a squad of police parachutists are ordered to drop in, and fatalities almost inevitably result, will Chalerm be charged with their murder? Or Suthep, for being there?

Well if I recall correctly, the civil court basically said to CAPO that they cannot use force to arrest protesters. So these guys apparently will drop in at night, miss the landing spot, end up in a klong and basically ask everyone to freeze. But the zoo is nearby so all bets are off.

I would like to see this - will he announce the date of this exercise?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Am I missing something, wasn't this clown sacked from government last week a long with Little Miss handbags the PM? Or was that not relevant to this , and if not ,why not? Confused!? alt=facepalm.gif>

Dear Confused , he is waiting for he's own personally delivered government gazette, with he's sacking in it, after that, all instructions that he has issued since being sacked are null and void. Miss buttercup.

I wonder will they mount the operation in disguise,as per Chalerms previous cunning plan.

Goggles only. He'll likely lead them out the cargo door personally and organise them into a 'CAPO' formation.
  • Like 1

I wonder will they mount the operation in disguise,as per Chalerms previous cunning plan.

Goggles only. He'll likely lead them out the cargo door personally and organise them into a 'CAPO' formation.

Aka the 'bell-end' formation ...

• Like 1