MrRed

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From BBC Football:

Here are few more details about the Manaus pitch for those of you with a penchant for horticulture (and the interests of the England football team).

FA big-wigs have been handed a reassuring report from the Sports Turf Research Institute, which says the pitch will play absolutely fine - despite looking like a Sunday League-standard surface to the rest of us.

post-4485-0-16112300-1402668706_thumb.jp

If there's any justice football goes home to Brazil.

How do you work that out? There has only been 4 games and the cup will go to whoever deserves it at the end of the comp. As for justice, upto now brazil have been on the lucky end of refereeing "justice"

• Like 2

I'm in the mood already.

Don't need the .....Baddiel and Skinner historical tripe.

Nor does Roy.

Come on England. 5am Sunday, a long way from farangland.

Rubbish mate about Brasil are you on the lao khow already?

And as an Englishman MrScarf you should know the greatest English World Cup song ever is Vindaloo by fat les,but you are forgiven biggrin.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLph6ePNkGQ&feature=kp

How do you work that out? There has only been 4 games and the cup will go to whoever deserves it at the end of the comp. As for justice, upto now brazil have been on the lucky end of refereeing "justice"

Sorry about that mrbojangles.

I'm allowing myself to get distracted by the political furore surrounding Brazil hosting the beautiful game.

C'mon Phil.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Planning on watching the game on Thai TV with the sound down with English commentary from Radio 5 Live on my laptop using expatshield to get a UK IP address.

If that doesn't work then I'll be paying for thaiexpattv.

4-0 to England :-)

Enjoy.

Scoreline needs to work in multiples of 3 though.

Three Lions. Leo 6 pack.

thumbsup.gif

here we go, here we go here we go !!!

looking bright going 4 ward

still think our weakness is in front of our defense, they'll look to exploit between defense and our holding mids

but we'll c

Edited by rijit

cramp after 65 mins,,, <deleted> !!!! down to what i said b4 warming up/acclimatising in rio?,,,,, IMO MISTAKE? anyway disappointed in baines and Mooney's defensive combo in the first half, thought Johnson was wasteful and seemed to lacked accuracy and urgency., Gerrard and Henderson in front of defense looked ill at ease and vulnerable, Plus's defo sterling Mom 4 me. ,Sturridge looked sharp and 4 new b'si sh looked at home. Wellbeck looked the part. Oh & on the bbc's commentary Rio's defo been on the toot!!!

I have to say- this is the best english team i have seen in 4 world cups- for the first time I felt that england could actually score at any moment- never felt that before. Great passing and control plus strength of mind to come back quickly after being a goal down initially.

I,for one, am feeling rather hopeful.

• Like 2

I have to say- this is the best english team i have seen in 4 world cups- for the first time I felt that england could actually score at any moment- never felt that before. Great passing and control plus strength of mind to come back quickly after being a goal down initially.

I,for one, am feeling rather hopeful.

Agree.

Team against Uruguay then......slit or bust!

Hart

Jones Jagielka Cahill Shaw

Gerrard Barkley

Sterling Rooney Welbeck

Sturridge

​Jones in for Johnson at full back basically for the experience and also Johnson is not the attacking full back he used to be.

Shaw in for Baines same give him his chance now as he will be England's left back for years to come..World Cup tournament experience is valuable.

Barkley in for Henderson who had a good game but Barkley offers much more with his attacking dribbles.You could drop Rooney but i think move him inside as the real number 10 and play him in his best position first to see if he delivers against the Uruguayans.If not bring Henderson in and put Barkley as the number 10 against Costa Rica.

Wilshere was invisible when he came on so hopefully the Ox will be fit to bring on as a impact sub for the next game.and Lambert in place of one of the front two if needed.

It will be a very physical game so hopefully we will get a very strong ref.

All is not lost!

• Like 1