England World Cup Thread

MrRed

Hear Hear old chap.

Excellent post if I may say so.

I concur. Some of us have been saying over in the football forum that Roy should use this comp to blood and give experience to the young ones, with a view to having a good fighting chance in the Euro's in 2 years time.

• Like 1

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tbh. I'm feeling very nervous about the Uruguay game.

Spain get bundled out, Brazil playing average, Holland just about doing it against Australia.

Tight as a duck's proverbial this world cup.

If England get bundled out in the group stage, at least we have made very good progress for Euro 16.

So all is not lost. But it's a bit of a lame justification.

facepalm.gif

Hear Hear old chap.

I concur. Some of us have been saying over in the football forum that Roy should use this comp to blood and give experience to the young ones, with a view to having a good fighting chance in the Euro's in 2 years time.

Horlicks that is...just go out and try to win every tournament like the real big countries do!

Stop making bloody excuses!!

Hear Hear old chap.

Horlicks that is...just go out and try to win every tournament like the real big countries do!

You call it excuses, I call it realism. You've seen it yourself smokes in the footy forum. This WC has seen a huge lack of expectation from England fans

Now, whilst we are talking about realism. What are Scotlands chances of qualifying for.....well...........anything biggrin.png

Hear Hear old chap.

Fair point.

It's a bit like an EPL manager saying we'll win it the season after next.

( It does seem like Spanish method is under scrutiny though.)

Hear Hear old chap.

You call it excuses, I call it realism. You've seen it yourself smokes in the footy forum. This WC has seen a huge lack of expectation from England fans

Now, whilst we are talking about realism. What are Scotlands chances of qualifying for.....well...........anything biggrin.png

They have a good chance of qualifying for the world haggis tossing cup.

• Like 1

Anyway lets stop talking about the sweaty's and all get behind our country tonight,we are due a little bit of luck and on the back of a good performance against Italy,i am sure we can beat Uruguay and give us another game to enjoy.

Looks like Roy is going to play Rooney in the centre so we should expect a performance from him in his favored position...i would like to see Shaw and Barkley but i also think Baines and Henderson should be played from the start and see first how the Uruguayans set up against us,maybe change them later for fresh legs and more attacking options Lambert included.

All the indications are that we are going to attack them from the off....a little caution i think also as we can really damage teams on the break with the pace we will have with Sterling and Welbeck wide and Sturridge in the middle.

As an Englishman i am genuinely happy that i can see the attitude of the players is changing and just hope they believe in themselves tonight and put in a shift worthy of being selected for your country.

Come on England! clap2.gif

Hear Hear old chap.

Not good while the current dumb seedings are in place....sound familiar?

After watching the Uraguay v Costa Rica game it is clear neither team are in the same class as England. I predict the group will finish like this:

Italy 9

England 6

Costa Rica 3

Uraguay 0

Good for you.

I predict England can change their flight home to June 24th.

We'll know a bit more later.

Spain get bundled out, Brazil playing average, Holland just about doing it against Australia.

If England get bundled out in the group stage, at least we have made very good progress for Euro 16.

facepalm.gif

What a load of Jackson Pollocks. If England get beaten tonight and go out, they will have played two, and lost two. How on earth do you arrive at the conclusion that this would represent making good progress?!

facepalm.gif

What a load of Jackson Pollocks. If England get beaten tonight and go out, they will have played two, and lost two. How on earth do you arrive at the conclusion that this would represent making good progress?!

Simple.

Roy's bold team selection against Italy using young players who clearly demonstrated that they can operate at the highest level.

England had 7 on 2 for the 1st goal & 5 on 1 for the 2nd...The difference was 9.

Surprised at zero reaction on here (so far) to our defeat.Rooney did ok with ONE contribution in a crucial game again,so his inclusion was again justifiedwhistling.gif

As a whole ,a draw would have been fair .then again , the 'world class ' forwards have all come to the party so far in this tournament (Roy still wont admit Suarez is) & been the difference (loads of goals).

Edited by mad mary
  • Like 1

the look on the England players faces said it all as the national anthem was being played,OH NO NOT THE ALL BLACKS.

don't start with the players some of them played well,but start with a clean out of coaches and manager,and a different style of play.the game started ok.the Uruguay goali spills his first touch which almost gave wellbeck a chance, yet there was no pressure put on him after that,england had plenty of ball just outside the penalty area but not one shot,even after 30minutes or more the goali hadn't settled he completely missed a corner which saw rooney hit the bar.

that man suarez has the last laugh.the last game should be an interesting affair if they go on goal diff.needs Italy to put a handful past costa rico tonight.

English people just need to acknowledge the fact they can't play football competitively these days. I am not interested in hearing about 1966.

Let's focus closely on the positives - erm, there weren't any.

Woy sacked and take all the backroom staff with him.

We can debate building for the Euros and next World Cup with a young squad but we've been doing this for years and still none the wiser.

It's a tired formula with a different face but the FA love it. We don't, they do.

The common denominator is the FA.

English people just need to acknowledge the fact they can't play football competitively these days. I am not interested in hearing about 1966.

Let's focus closely on the positives - erm, there weren't any.

Woy sacked and take all the backroom staff with him.

We can debate building for the Euros and next World Cup with a young squad but we've been doing this for years and still none the wiser.

It's a tired formula with a different face but the FA love it. We don't, they do.

The common denominator is the FA.

What would you do ?

I'm not paid the big bucks to decide on what to do. I'm not a footballing man, just a viewer, but if my boss put me in charge of a big project and paid the premium, he'd expect results.

"I'm not a footballing man"

No sh1t .

Well played Uruguay. Suarez masterclass that. They should have been down to ten of course but doesn't get away from the fact that we weren't good enough.

I'm still generally happy with our approach and style of play, and if this were a league competition, I'm sure results would start going our way, but it isn't, and we have fallen short so far. No excuses. Time is coming for some more changes. Not that it will necessarily bring better results, but you give people a fair crack of the whip, and then you have to move on. We're a game away from that now. Unless something extraordinary happens...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well played Uruguay. Suarez masterclass that. They should have been down to ten of course but doesn't get away from the fact that we weren't good enough.

I'm still generally happy with our approach and style of play, and if this were a league competition, I'm sure results would start going our way, but it isn't, and we have fallen short so far. No excuses. Time is coming for some more changes. Not that it will necessarily bring better results, but you give people a fair crack of the whip, and then you have to move on. We're a game away from that now. Unless something extraordinary happens...

Good to read that mate, i 'm glad at least somebody still believes in the UK.

Good to read that mate, i 'm glad at least somebody still believes in the UK.

No other choice really. Would never stop believing in my club, no matter what, and for me, the same goes for country.

them upstairs dropped the biggest ballok when they refused to give our brian the managers job,and now they have done it again by not giving it to one who all the players respect our harry,who knows the game inside and out.when I see the likes of garry Neville as a coach that says it all.why have they not give becks a go,as for a manager I expect they will put a few names in the hat and have a lucky dip.one thing I missed out is every side needs a hard man who's not afraid to put it about[and take it] England doesn't have one,remember,dave mackay,norman hunter,nobby stiles,there must have been plenty more oh yes

joey barton argually the best player in last yrs.championship.

• Like 1

them upstairs dropped the biggest ballok when they refused to give our brian the managers job,and now they have done it again by not giving it to one who all the players respect our harry,who knows the game inside and out.when I see the likes of garry Neville as a coach that says it all.why have they not give becks a go,as for a manager I expect they will put a few names in the hat and have a lucky dip.one thing I missed out is every side needs a hard man who's not afraid to put it about[and take it] England doesn't have one,remember,dave mackay,norman hunter,nobby stiles,there must have been plenty more oh yes

joey barton argually the best player in last yrs.championship.

Dave Mackay is a Scot but i take your point.

I thought England were disappointing this time out although i was impressed with what i saw against Italy. Hodgson's big mistake was not having the balls to drop Rooney, a player that clearly upsets the balance of the team and whose selection dictation our formation. The other mistake was again not giving Gerrard the protection to all him to make the plays.

Whilst i liked the attacking approach for me it again emphasis how better suited this group of players would be to Redknapps style of football. Not knocking the Hodge, its just my opinion.

• Like 1