England World Cup Thread

MrRed

99% of all Englands problems is that everyone thinks that the premier league somehow is the pinnacle of football. It's not! English football is sh*te, and it definitely does not transfer to a world stage. You simply cannot play English Premier league footie in a world cup and expect to get somewhere.

If England actually played football with a bit more attacking spirit and pace like the Premier League, they might get somewhere.

The trouble is they always get coaches that teach them how to pass it around safely and keep it nice and slow so they don't make mistakes - which they do anyway.

Chile play more like the Premiership than England do.

Edited by Chicog

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

could be worse, could be Spain; or any of the African sides, most of who look like they would be happier with an AK47 than a football.

There's about as asinine a post as we've had so far. Congrats.

Edited by jellydog
  • Like 1

roy hodgson is aware of very little at all.

Boring!

What about the captain ? or Sterling? Sturridge? oh i forgot they play for Liverpool in the first game you slated Rooney and now moved on to Hodgson... so predictable and it is clear as day that the players made mistakes that cost them goals in both matches Hodgson was not on the pitch he only manages what he has and i would be surprised if you would of picked a better squad and managed it better.

Now give over Hodgson left Liverpool a long time ago,do you hate Souness as well?

#obsessed

roy hodgson is aware of very little at all.

Boring!

What about the captain ? or Sterling? Sturridge? oh i forgot they play for Liverpool in the first game you slated Rooney and now moved on to Hodgson... so predictable and it is clear as day that the players made mistakes that cost them goals in both matches Hodgson was not on the pitch he only manages what he has and i would be surprised if you would of picked a better squad and managed it better.

Now give over Hodgson left Liverpool a long time ago,do you hate Souness as well?

#obsessed

You must be in a terrible state after furiously tapping that one out.jerk.gif.pagespeed.ce.TMGfqs4Lzz.gif

Opinions are just like you,we all have one.

Hodgson is poor at best .

What's the 'Premiership way of playing football' btw?

That is a very good question.

Its always about EPL being the best league in the world, and how fast the game is there, and the players can never rest with the ball.

How come the very same players from the league they grew up with and play in week after week, are playing their games in Pedestrian pace when in the national team?

Anyhow, a few more days and I guess this particular thread has run it's course.

;)

Edited by Travel2003

England need to do what France did with Jacquet:

Get a new manager in and don't pick a player over 23. Write off the next Euros but build a side from the best youngsters and play them together every time until they gel together into a mature team.

And drop ANYONE who doesn't pull their weight.

Edited by Chicog

oh boo hoo.

i had my hopes pinned on us getting through to the next round, it going to extra and then winning on a penalty shoot out.

then for us to be absolutely thrashed by one of the big guns in the Quarter Finals.

damn, just can't get what you wish for these days, can you ? sad.png

Its always about EPL being the best league in the world, and how fast the game is there, and the players can never rest with the ball.

How come the very same players from the league they grew up with and play in week after week, are playing their games in Pedestrian pace when in the national team?

wink.png

So what's the 'Premiership way of playing football'? All sides by your logic play the same ,i reckon 20 managers will disagree.

Go on boys, I've every confidence in you. Show us y6ou can really play and do it for England, the home of the beautiful game.

Let's hear it for the lads.

" Forza Italia...!!! "

Silly me......... relying on the Italians indeed.

But this is just too sad. I thought we might at least have lasted a bit longer than a week. sad.png Roy said there would be no excuses and he claims the players didn't let anyone down but he way the Costa Ricans outplayed Uruguay and Italy kind of puts our performances into perspective.

The last game should now be used as an opportunity to get some WC experience into those who've not really been involved so far. The new beginning should start here though whether it's with Roy (who will be nudging 70 at the Euros) is open to question.

• Like 2

wink.png

So what's the 'Premiership way of playing football'? All sides by your logic play the same ,i reckon 20 managers will disagree.

Compared to other leagues the Premier is fast and physical. Yet the England team routinely play like poofy snails.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

4 out of 5 top threads are about England's team. They're out.

my prediction: Bosnia are going to go through, and knock some conventions off their marble pedestals.

This is part of the hype problem surrounding England also, I find it a bit embarrassing and pathetic when you look at 'lesser' teams who just get on with it....

England haven't had a team since '96 and won't be winning the WC in my time. I've been saying the same for years and don't let it get to me anymore when they inevitably fail. As someone else said, good players but overhyped, overpaid with no passion or team plan. They prefer to play for their club.

Theirry Henry's comment on BBC was fantastic when Hansen was saying you need world class players 'How many Costa Rica players can you name?' And then Hansen saying they wont win it, thats not the point Hansen! They got further than England though didnt they!

thumbsup.gif

Agree.

Thierry Henry speaks the same way he plays football.

Incisive.

• Like 1

4 out of 5 top threads are about England's team. They're out.

my prediction: Bosnia are going to go through, and knock some conventions off their marble pedestals.

Very possibly.

I think Argentina will take Persia by storm later though.

Leaving the considerable baggage aside...if England flew Redknapp out today and gave him two days with the squad I am sure he would get far more out of them than Hodgson has been able to.

That's the sadness for England...the rot is really at the top.

Same and worse north of the border before anyone starts that one off.

They should have taken saggy chops when he was in the clouds at Spurs....instead they went for a yes man and sacrificed any chance they had of winning or at least progressing far in a tournament for years.

Its simply not true to say England don't have the players...they have...clearly they have a two finger puppet for a manager...all down to the clowns at the FA.

Lang may their lum reek!

• Like 2