England World Cup Thread

MrRed

England team looks pretty poor

Lampard Gerrard Milnert and Sterling all shold b e nowhere near it

3 and homeward bound

Born in Readijng UK ... Hope I am wrong but Italy and Uruguay should have zero issues beating England

Are you on a wind up or just happy to talk nonsense?

I also think Italy could have issues beating most teams and i don't think i've ever seen a weaker Italien team.

it's the least frightening italy team in years. they used to have top, senior players from milan, juventus and inter. now they've got a 35 year old pirlo and balotelli, and that's pretty much it.

suarez more hopeful of making it apparently: @TonyBarretTimes All the early indications are that Uruguay remain confident that Suarez will be able to participate in the World Cup.

Listening to TalkSport yesterday and interestingly, Italy are the only team in the World Cup to not have a single player in their squad who isn't located in England.

that's almost always been the case historically hasn't it? italy squads were usually about 21 serie a players and 2 others from maybe spain and england. remember it being dead weird that christian vieri went to play for atletico madrid - at the time every other italy international played in serie a.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 and homeward bound

Born in Readijng UK ... Hope I am wrong but Italy and Uruguay should have zero issues beating England

Bloody hell lad, being born there didn't help your reading and writing skills did it. I know lads born in Wroclaw whose English is better than yourscheesy.gif

3 and homeward bound

Are you on a wind up or just happy to talk nonsense?

I also think Italy could have issues beating most teams and i don't think i've ever seen a weaker Italien team.

it's the least frightening italy team in years. they used to have top, senior players from milan, juventus and inter. now they've got a 35 year old pirlo and balotelli, and that's pretty much it.

suarez more hopeful of making it apparently: @TonyBarretTimes All the early indications are that Uruguay remain confident that Suarez will be able to participate in the World Cup.

Listening to TalkSport yesterday and interestingly, Italy are the only team in the World Cup to not have a single player in their squad who isn't located in England.

that's almost always been the case historically hasn't it? italy squads were usually about 21 serie a players and 2 others from maybe spain and england. remember it being dead weird that christian vieri went to play for atletico madrid - at the time every other italy international played in serie a.

England's pizza ain't much better than Thailand's!

Hope Suarez is fit to face England. Would be a shame not to see the clash of the emotional Titans - Gerrard against the biting one. Eat your heart out Gazza.

1966 Stats.....just sayin'thumbsup.gif

Champions League - Real Madrid

La Liga - Atlético Madrid

Eurovision - Austria

Fulham - relegated

World Cup - England

Hang on a minute Wilai. I just looked at the 65-66 table and Fulham finished third from bottom. Only the bottom two got relegated.

• Like 1

Eurovision - Austria

Fulham - relegated

World Cup - England

Hang on a minute Wilai. I just looked at the 65-66 table and Fulham finished third from bottom. Only the bottom two got relegated.

Bloody "Twatter"...Oh well, there goes England's chances then!sad.png

Eurovision - Austria

Fulham - relegated

World Cup - England

Bloody "Twatter"...Oh well, there goes England's chances then!sad.png

Did you think we had a chance tongue.png

I'm behind our boys all the way, even though some of em are Arse. Come on England. Flags and face paint at the ready here. My first WC in this village. The locals already think I am nuts.....

I'm behind our boys all the way, even though some of em are Arse. Come on England. Flags and face paint at the ready here. My first WC in this village. The locals already think I am nuts.....

Well that's understandable, so do we.

biggrin.png

Eurovision - Austria

Fulham - relegated

World Cup - England

Yeah. And Liverpool won the First Division.

Oh wait a minute tongue.png

We have our first '66 mention.....I'm watching lads....keep it up!

Eurovision - Austria

Fulham - relegated

World Cup - England

Yeah. And Liverpool won the First Division.

Oh wait a minute tongue.png

We have our first '66 mention.....I'm watching lads....keep it up!

Well there won't be much else worth watching this summer will there smokes biggrin.png

Guesses for the starting eleven for the first game?

back five same as against peru. and against italy i would probably play two hardworking runners and closers alongside gerrard in a midfield three, henderson and one of wilshere or milner. then a front three of sturridge, lallana and sterling, with the latter two able to work wide in a midfield five without the ball but also get close to sturridge when england have possession.

i don't think roy hodgson will agree with me.

No room for Rooney eh Stevie? I'd have thought he best suited to play against the Hi-talians than the other countries.

i think rooney is england's big elephant in the room mate. he isn't england's best centre forward, that's sturridge. he can't play wide in a 4-2-3-1 formation and play both the wide midfield role and then tuck in alongside the striker like sterling, lallana, milner and others can. and he seems to need to play alongside a defined strike partner in a 4-4-2 to get the most out of him which is a formation that england shouldn't touch with a bargepole.

nothing tongue in cheek about it santi, rooney seems to be untouchable and i don't know why. he isn't that good, he has massive fitness issues and the climate over there is going to have him huffing and puffing. why not use him as an impact sub instead of having to crowbar him awkwardly into your first XI?

• Like 1

No room for Rooney eh Stevie? I'd have thought he best suited to play against the Hi-talians than the other countries.

i think rooney is england's big elephant in the room mate. he isn't england's best centre forward, that's sturridge. he can't play wide in a 4-2-3-1 formation and play both the wide midfield role and then tuck in alongside the striker like sterling, lallana, milner and others can. and he seems to need to play alongside a defined strike partner in a 4-4-2 to get the most out of him which is a formation that england shouldn't touch with a bargepole.

nothing tongue in cheek about it santi, rooney seems to be untouchable and i don't know why. he isn't that good, he has massive fitness issues and the climate over there is going to have him huffing and puffing. why not use him as an impact sub instead of having to crowbar him awkwardly into your first XI?

I prefer one of the best lines I heard all season quote StevieH: Watch Rooney wheezing like a fat lass in a sauna.. laugh.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 2

Well you've certainly put a good case together there stevie. I think I'm quite convinced you may be right. One thing Rooney can do though is pull a rabbit out of the hat at some of the most crucial times. Saying that though, he's not been doing it on the big stage so much.

• Like 1

personally i reckon were probably at our weakest in front of our back four, both our so called holding mids are just aging attacking midfielders and boy they were good ones, going into the opponents half's WONDERFUL, amongst , if not the best in recent years. But as holders imo neither are good enuf , neither have the necessary quick feet and neither's instinct is to defend. But we'll see.

personally i reckon were probably at our weakest in front of our back four, both our so called holding mids are just aging attacking midfielders and boy they were good ones, going into the opponents half's WONDERFUL, amongst , if not the best in recent years. But as holders imo neither are good enuf , neither have the necessary quick feet and neither's instinct is to defend. But we'll see.

Have you been on the poppers?

Have you been on the poppers?

Mad they are both attacking midfielders. not defending midfeilders 4 defending mid's think makeleye parker at his pomp, your boy allen. Lucas to a point , they sort of naturally sit in front of that defense , neither lapboard or gerrard do that instinctively as i said they are commanding around the opponents box but in front of their own, run of the mill that's maybe a touch harsh ,they have just dropped back rather than drop out,