Court endorses arrest warrants against 30 protest leaders

Lite Beer

the court is simply doing an administrative duty by stamping the arrest warrants it means absolutely nothing - none of these cases will ever be heard as there is no capacity to do so - in the west there is usually a pre-trial hearing to see if there are actual charges to be answered before going to trial - again the capacity does not exist here to do so - this is simply a rubber stamp on a piece of paper - quite farcical at best

I am surprised they got these warrants approved at all, but good to see. I guess Suthep was one of the 13 they did not approve because he is already indicted and out on bail. Is that the case?

I see they got the Monk in there also. Really good to see that.

the court is simply doing an administrative duty by stamping the arrest warrants it means absolutely nothing - none of these cases will ever be heard as there is no capacity to do so - in the west there is usually a pre-trial hearing to see if there are actual charges to be answered before going to trial - again the capacity does not exist here to do so - this is simply a rubber stamp on a piece of paper - quite farcical at best

Might seem futile now, but this is a battle that PDRC appear to be losing.

Simple, if they win, they are in the clear... if they lose, ALL these warrants WILL be enforced in as Draconian a way. Just as the PDRC are threatening and planning revenge against all who stand before them now.

By no means futile.... just depends who wins. I can't see anybody wanting to accept a draw now and negotiate with Suthep whilst he is on the way out. Think the feeling is he and some of his elite backers need to be moved on for good.

What a joke this country has become.

So, they are still chasing after the Indian-Thai guy Satish Segal and no doubt looking to deport him again ... and then turning a blind eye to Thaksin's lawyer Robert Amsterdam giving a speech on the red shirt stage this week. Comical!!

I no longer care who is right or wrong. It's like watching a series of the Benny Hill show.

Sadly without the girls in the bikinis, nurses outfits etc running around biggrin.png

Well, let's see how the conspiracy theories are readjusted now, it's always funny to see that.

Actually the Criminal Court has also seemed to make pretty unbiased decisions. It's the Constitutional Court which is the one people generally take issue with. So I'm not sure any conspiracy theories need to be readjusted. However, I've come to believe that things behind the scenes have started to shift against the PDRC. Things are in flux, but as things currently stand, I think things are winding down and progress towards an election will be made. The mood within the ranks of the remaining protesters is apparently subdued. Perhaps they realize there's a good chance it's all over.

The criminal court - part of the justice department controlled by the caretaker government. No bias there then.

Wonderful how so many maintain any court who rules in favor of the Shins is "unbiased" whilst any that rules against must be "biased puppets of the old elite"

I don't think it's all over at all, sadly. Worse to come.

• Like 1

I am surprised they got these warrants approved at all, but good to see. I guess Suthep was one of the 13 they did not approve because he is already indicted and out on bail. Is that the case?

I see they got the Monk in there also. Really good to see that.

But no one seems to be issuing warrants for the arrest of those that publicly called for armed rebellion and the formation of a breakaway independent state?

No bias then. One justice for all ! Yippee for red democracy. So easy to see through.

Well, let's see how the conspiracy theories are readjusted now, it's always funny to see that.

Actually the Criminal Court has also seemed to make pretty unbiased decisions. It's the Constitutional Court which is the one people generally take issue with. So I'm not sure any conspiracy theories need to be readjusted. However, I've come to believe that things behind the scenes have started to shift against the PDRC. Things are in flux, but as things currently stand, I think things are winding down and progress towards an election will be made. The mood within the ranks of the remaining protesters is apparently subdued. Perhaps they realize there's a good chance it's all over.

Never occur to you that the criminal court is actually bias towards PTP????

Considering they are run and controlled by THIS government.

laugh.png

After you've read this you'll probably post again to say your post above is actually irony, that you were being facetious and just clowning around. Or I certainly hope you do that because if you do not and instead allow your post to stand then you'd be certifiable.

If you believe the Criminal Court is breathing down Suthep's neck, then you'd feel absolutely surrounded when you consider this.

Last Sunday the presiding judge of one of the courts Suthep unsuccessfully asked to together appoint a competing (and pretender) PM said the courts won't do it and can't do it, because it would violate royal power, be unconstitutional, undemocratic. BTW, that splitting noise you hear in the background is the Bangkok ammart breaking wide open in a schism.

When are you going to admit reality into your life and not say every decision or action you don't like is because Thaksin bought the people involved. The judges have their reasons. The military joint chiefs met last Saturday to agree and say the senate executing Section 7 would be wrong and unacceptable for the reasons the presiding judge articulated. The military have their reasons.

People actually do have their reasons even if you've forgot yours

"When are you going to admit reality into your life and not say every decision or action you don't like is because Thaksin bought the people involved. The judges have their reasons"

Probably when you admit that every court decision against the Shins isn't a judicial conspiracy coup and that the previous administration did break many laws.

So, they are still chasing after the Indian-Thai guy Satish Segal and no doubt looking to deport him again ... and then turning a blind eye to Thaksin's lawyer Robert Amsterdam giving a speech on the red shirt stage this week. Comical!!

I no longer care who is right or wrong. It's like watching a series of the Benny Hill show.

Satish lives in Thailand and was advocating the removal of the elected government.

Robert Amsterdam doesn't live in Thailand and was advocating support of the elected government.

Can you see the difference?

(Clue: if someone doesn't live in Thailand and doesn't say anything illegal he can't be deported)

Now I have to admit that Robert Amsterdam was also suggesting the amendment of certain laws which were last advocated under Kaiser Wilhelm before the First World War, but hey, he's a modern guy, he has a right to speak sense.

Robert Amsterdam is as dirty as they come. He makes Thaksin look clean. Amsterdam is a Chatham House patsy/lawyer and is Thaksin mouthpiece- but he does not work for Thaksin, as reported- they are both tools of Chatham House, CFR, Carlyle Group, and other interests- Thaksin's ole bosses. (he was also groveling at their feet the very moment he was deposed- that's tragic comedy). That's why Thaksin's early acts were to privatize Thai national assets and sell to these investors. Amsterdam instigates anything that muddies the political waters enough so Thais remain divided. Amsterdam should have an international arrest warrant issued and tried in absentia for acts of insurrection. Whether warrants executed or not, I actually wish they would come up with a short list of these foreign plunderers, charge them, and file with Interpol as wanted for crimes against the Thai state.

Words, string together does not sense make. Amsterdam, sir, does not make sense! He's scum!

Are you saying Yingluck and Samak are/were not part of the elite?

If you mean amaart-elite, these two are/were not part of the elite. If you mean they are privileged big-shots slash pooyai, they are/were. Samak actually had a claim on being a member of the elite through his family but chose not to use it.

But you see the confusion? If you mean the latter, I suggest you use "privileged big shots" or pooyai or something like that. I'd recommend you save "elite" for "amaart" discussions, otherwise it's very confusing. For Thailand discussions, "elite" when referring to people or classes has come to have that special meaning over the last few years.

Tell us how many bigwigs from either side has spent time in a prison in the last 10 years?

"Bigwigs" is good. Well, from these political factions some of them are still locked up and denied bail. No one has been convicted and imprisoned. It's rare and newsworthy when the door clanks shut on pooyai, we all know that. It happens, but not so often as it should. You win no points by stressing a well-known fact that big-shots get jailed less than they should, in Thailand and worldwide.

Satish lives in Thailand and was advocating the removal of the elected government.

Robert Amsterdam doesn't live in Thailand and was advocating support of the elected government.

Can you see the difference?

(Clue: if someone doesn't live in Thailand and doesn't say anything illegal he can't be deported)

Now I have to admit that Robert Amsterdam was also suggesting the amendment of certain laws which were last advocated under Kaiser Wilhelm before the First World War, but hey, he's a modern guy, he has a right to speak sense.

Pure fantasy and comedy rolled into one. What next? The TAT promoting political tours for tourists which involve allowing tourists to speak on UDD/PDRC stages?