Purchasing a small ultrasonic cleaner, in Chiang Mai.

arunsakda

These inexpensive China made models are available from Amazon but only 120volt.

I searched online sites in Thailand, can only find large commercial units.

Before I go traipsing around every consumer electronics shop in Chiang Mai

any specific place a similar unit might be available?

I have asked around to find what jewerly stores etc use and they order them from BKK.

There is electronics shop in the area of Tops Chotana. Shop area to the south.

He can order small ones from BKK but want like 2500 baht.

Probably best to order from China and eat the customs fees.

Anyone else? I would think most jewerly store could order one but haven't tried that myself.

seen them many times in shop windows in Bangkok. many different models. why not wait until you're in BKK and pick one up there? you re bound to do better than a Chinese mail order.

I would give Amorn a pass....

I used to really like them and spent a considerable amount of money there buying stuff in large quantities as they were always very helpful with ordering and easy to work with on price negotiations, delivery, etc. Now even when supplying bar codes, there are long delays and the wrong goods show up. It's become a big disappointment.

Over the last couple of years they have changed their business model and now can be classified very loosely as an "electronic supply store". They have about 75% less electronics there now occupying floor space and the little they have is questionable, Chinese quality. What they do have now is stuff like auto parts, auto cleaning products, household cleaning products, aquarium supplies, kids bikes, and sweets and biscuits, LOTS of them.

I still recommend the Amorn repair center behind the store at Icon Plaza however. Never been let down there.

I bought one for 1200 baht in Chinatown 6yrs ago. Still works fine, made in Taiwan.

i'm guessing that means somewhere along Yaowarat Road? i'm pretty sure a number of them can be found in Ban Mo as well.

This is an earnest question, so please forgive my ignorance and my seeming lack of cleanliness, but, other than cleaning my diamond rings, what else might I use one of these instruments for?

Cleaning any small parts, cleaning dentures and more recently

making lipo encapsulated vitamins. The ultrasound causes vitamin molecules like ascorbic acid to smash into fat molecules(lecithin) and become encapsulated for much higher oral absorption.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/DIY-LET/info

http://www.livonlabs.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.cgi/002292.1.898305944945815086/liposome-encapsulated/liposome-encapsulation.html

Thanks for those offering info about Amorn

Okay I picked up a nice dual frequency unit for 990 baht at Big C Hang Dong Amorn.

The units are currently on a bottom shelf at the front of the long aisles and the units boxes with instructions are way up on the high shelf at the back of the store.

This unit has 35 and 50 mhz settings with digital timer.

The other unit is 40 mhz unit. White plastic enclosure. Same price of 990

Picked up some pure lecithin at Union science for 450 baht... 500 grams of thick liquid.

Going to whip up some Lipo encapsulated vitamin C ascorbate !!!!

Here is a photo of the unit...

post-27132-0-32261500-1400219737_thumb.j

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

This is an earnest question, so please forgive my ignorance and my seeming lack of cleanliness, but, other than cleaning my diamond rings, what else might I use one of these instruments for?

they are excellent for cleaning eye glasses, in common use for that by Singapore eyeglass shops

• 1 month later...