Thailand Elite easy access 500k THB card

Stanley your information was really usefull. Thank You so much. If is possible i will really like to see the stamp they put in your passport to see if is non Imm or other special type of VISa. If You cant no problem. And i still want to tell You thank You for the important info You provide

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Do i have to go to immigration every 3 month with this visa???

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

Possibly, depends on where you live.

You still need to do the 90 day reporting but if you live in Bangkok it can be done by post via Thailand Elite so in that case you would not need to go in person.

For me I have to go to the Hua Hin immigration office to make my '90 day report' as from what I understand it needs to be done in the province where you live and the postal service is available in Bangkok. I'm not sure if any other provinces offer the postal service but I know for sure it's available in Bangkok.

Do i have to pay for the 90 day report? And after the 1 year stamp is finish i have to do a border run. Right ?

I'm not sure on the fee for the 90 day report as I haven't done one yet but it's a regular 90 day report just like people on other long term visas do so if you normally need to pay for them the answer will be yes.

After the 1 year has ran out you don't need to do a border run. This is where this visa differs from some other types of visa - you can go to immigration and do a 1,900 Baht extension and get another 1 year stamp without leaving the country.

They told me that if I want to I can stay in Thailand for the full 5 years without leaving the country by getting 1 year extensions at the end of each 1 year stamp.

It's highliy unlikely that I will stay in Thailand for 5 years without leaving. I have travel plans this year but the option to stay for the full 5 years is there if you want it.

I am very interested in this visa. Thank you for this information. I am far too young to get the retirement visa and I am looking for a solution to stay in Thailand. I have heard, of course, about the 2m baht elite card but I don't really want to commit for 20 years. That's an eternity.

Do you know if the holders of this 5 year visa have to report every 90 days if they leave the country frequently? I go outside of Thailand every 5-6 weeks. I remember that I did not have to report to the immigration every 90 days when I had my B visa (I was traveling frequently as well).

Thanks

I am very interested in this visa. Thank you for this information. I am far too young to get the retirement visa and I am looking for a solution to stay in Thailand. I have heard, of course, about the 2m baht elite card but I don't really want to commit for 20 years. That's an eternity.

Do you know if the holders of this 5 year visa have to report every 90 days if they leave the country frequently? I go outside of Thailand every 5-6 weeks. I remember that I did not have to report to the immigration every 90 days when I had my B visa (I was traveling frequently as well).

Thanks

Re-entering Thailand will reset the 90 day timer so you would only need to report if you haven't left the country in 90 days.

• Like 1

Thank you! I think that this visa is a very good deal in the end of the day for those who are under 50. It costs b100,000 a year but if I add up all the expenses linked to my ED visa (school fee, extension + re entry permit every 90 days + outside trip to renew the visa every year etc...) the difference is not that great (b30000). And I assume that nobody will ask questions if you hold the 5 year visa....

Thank you! I think that this visa is a very good deal in the end of the day for those who are under 50. It costs b100,000 a year but if I add up all the expenses linked to my ED visa (school fee, extension + re entry permit every 90 days + outside trip to renew the visa every year etc...) the difference is not that great (b30000). And I assume that nobody will ask questions if you hold the 5 year visa....

You would also get VIP treatment through the airport for which sometimes in swampy I'd happily pay a couple of thousand Bhats for :)

I really do think this is a great option for people under 50 who can afford it (or where, as you say, it stacks up pretty well against the alternative), my dilemma is I'm 48 1/3rd so am thinking a triple entry tourist visa followed by a 1 year ED visa will get me over the (50) line :)

Edited by JB300

Im 46 2/3rds and considering the situation may apply. I just want to continue doing what I have been doing. A FIFO lifestyle working outside of Thailand exclusively. No time to stay longer than 2 or 3 weeks max. I'm busy working but have no hotel, no itinerary, no confirmed air bookings. Who travels with 10-20k cash THB?? I have a wallet full of cards for any forseable need.

Just flew back, 3rd time this year, same as always. No questions, no hassle, 30 day stamp and off we go. We shall see.

Edited by arunsakda

I now have my 5 year visa and a one year stamp in my passport. I got it today at Chaeng Wattana without having to leave the country. I was on a tourist visa extension when the new visa was inserted.

This 500k Baht 'Easy Access' visa appears to be the 'missing option' for people who are under 50 but can financially support themselves on a medium term basis without committing to 20 years on the full Individual Thailand Elite membership.

Good for you. Sorry I'm out of likes, but glad that you are all sorted.

Im 46 2/3rds and considering the situation may apply. I just want to continue doing what I have been doing. A FIFO lifestyle working outside of Thailand exclusively. No time to stay longer than 2 or 3 weeks max. I'm busy working but have no hotel, no itinerary, no confirmed air bookings. Who travels with 10-20k cash THB?? I have a wallet full of cards for any forseable need.

Just flew back, 3rd time this year, same as always. No questions, no hassle, 30 day stamp and off we go. We shall see.

Sounds perfect for you, as you'd make full use of the VIP treatment at the airport & the 24 limo transfers.

• Like 1

Sounds perfect for you, as you'd make full use of the VIP treatment at the airport & the 24 limo transfers.

I don't think the limo is available in CM. Cutting the queue at immigration would be helpful at times, but hardly worth the great expense. The security line at Swampy is worse.

I don't think the limo is available in CM. Cutting the queue at immigration would be helpful at times, but hardly worth the great expense. The security line at Swampy is worse.

Sorry, my bad, I'd assumed you were traveling via Swampy

IMHO, Still worthwhile getting the card though.

Cheers

JB

Just have been on their website, and no, you don't need to. Just have to exit once a year.

Just curious. So you get a 5 year visa for your 500K baht. Right? Do you still have to do 90 day border runs (as I currently do on a non-O) and/or 90 reporting to immigration?

If I got a 5 year visa and 5 year stay without 90 day border runs or reporting to immigration, I think it would be worth it.

Better than 4 times a year, and would likely want to do at least one out of country trip per year anyway.

So I guess upon entry you get a 1 year (365 day) stamp, instead of the 90 day stamp I am currently getting.

That would save me 3 out of country trips per year, which most likely are running me more than 100K baht anyway. So it pays for itself.

I will have to look into this. Thanks.

I highly doubt that one can forgo the 90 day reporting or even 90-day visa runs, no matter what's stated on he elite card's website. Unless the information on this comes directly from the royal Thai police immigration website it's suspect. Often times different departments of he government (and the elite program isn't even a government entity but a private company) don't coordinate things between themselves; like when the elite card was first proposed a decade ago and they promoted (on their site and brochures) the ability of members to buy/own land. Of course, the land department quickly said that was a load of crap and eventually elite card stopped promoting this membership "benefit."

I agree, if it was truly a non-imm "O" visa, with a 5 year permission to stay, with no 90-day reporting, it could be an attractive proposition for some people.

That's a lot of cash to stay in a country on the verge of political meltdown and possible civil war.

But as you said each to his own.

Seems like a bargain to me. Consider those on ED visas that are paying approx 4K a month for the priveledge of staying here and have all the hassles of reporting etc. Add in the airport transfers if you use them and it really is a steal...of course for those that aint the cash up front or prefer to bunce it on Chang and ciggies thats their choice.

I assume those airport transfers are for Bangkok only...so many people wouldn't benefit from this. Immigration fast track is nice, but the main reason people might buy the card is so Huey don't have to go in and out all the time!

Just have been on their website, and no, you don't need to. Just have to exit once a year.

Just curious. So you get a 5 year visa for your 500K baht. Right? Do you still have to do 90 day border runs (as I currently do on a non-O) and/or 90 reporting to immigration?

If I got a 5 year visa and 5 year stay without 90 day border runs or reporting to immigration, I think it would be worth it.

Better than 4 times a year, and would likely want to do at least one out of country trip per year anyway.

So I guess upon entry you get a 1 year (365 day) stamp, instead of the 90 day stamp I am currently getting.

That would save me 3 out of country trips per year, which most likely are running me more than 100K baht anyway. So it pays for itself.

I highly doubt that one can forgo the 90 day reporting or even 90-day visa runs, no matter what's stated on he elite card's website. Unless the information on this comes directly from the royal Thai police immigration website it's suspect. Often times different departments of he government (and the elite program isn't even a government entity but a private company) don't coordinate things between themselves; like when the elite card was first proposed a decade ago and they promoted (on their site and brochures) the ability of members to buy/own land. Of course, the land department quickly said that was a load of crap and eventually elite card stopped promoting this membership "benefit."

I agree, if it was truly a non-imm "O" visa, with a 5 year permission to stay, with no 90-day reporting, it could be an attractive proposition for some people.

I guess you you did not go back very far enough in the topic or missed this posted scan of a visa sticker.

post-44895-0-59228500-1403170519_thumb.j

??!!!

In this case, it tend to demonstrate that all this "vip" thing is a major BS, and it could be some discreet alternative they offer before the retirement visa.

They do not ask for any income or savings proof to apply for the card.

I suppose they think the the fact that you're willing to spend that amount on the card is proof enough that you have money.

I'm not so sure. I believe they really think there are a lot of advantages with the card that a person over 50 would want to consider getting it as well.

I'm not saying I agree (or disagree) with that but that's the impression I get. Then again as I have pointed out before, if you have a high net worth sometimes minimizing hassle and time spent on visa issues is worth more than the cost of the card.

How could that be...for 50 and overs, how does paying 500,000 baht beat paying 9500 (1900 baht annual extension x 5) baht for basically the same thing? Even if you throw in a few 1500 airport limo transfers and 1500 baht immigration fast-tracks it still a no brainer against.

So what do you get ?? I have read the threads but I dont see a clear definitive answer.

A one year non imm O ?? And they extend it annually ??

Its a 5 Year Visa.

Its actually called an S.E. Visa (which I assume means Special Entry, but could be wrong).

For the original members (1 Million Baht) it is a 5 year visa, renewed every 5 years for the remainder of the members life.

90 day reports must be carried out (Thai Elite provide that service)

Airport Transfers (Camry) and expedition through Immigration (on International flights)

Massage (Thai Massage only - at approximately 50 spa's)

Golf (no green fees at approximately 20 courses in Thailand).

Medical: Free Yearly Full Medical at Bumrungrad

The program was never cancelled. Reductions in service are:

Airport Transfers: 7 Series BMW reduced to Camry

Massage: Any massage has been reduced to Thai massage only.

Golf: The number of courses in the program has approximately halved.

For the 5 year 500k membership I am lead to believe (after reading this thread) that:

The 5 year visa is the same.

Airport Transfers are the same.

A little further information:

While some investigations have taken place the card has not been closed down, services remain.

Why do you think it's "Special Entry"? It could just as easily be "single entry."

It sounds to me it's just a single entry non-imm "O" visa that's extendable for one year (for a fee) and renewable for 5 times. Also, I would assume you probably have to pay for reentry permits if one goes in/out of Thailand, and if one forgot to get one, poof...there goes your visa and 500k!

I guess you you did not go back very far enough in the topic or missed this posted scan of a visa sticker.

post-44895-0-59228500-1403170519_thumb.j

That's a very pretty visa and I'm now envious...I feel so lo-so now...but even when I blow it up I can't make out anything except it was issued on 12 June. What does it say? And yes, I'm only about halfway through the 16 pages so maybe some of my questions have been asked and answered :)

Edited by OMGImInPattaya