Same trick use also the family mart

Would be a small money for each

But a big winning for company's

Mine gets rounded up.

I'm as dirty as hell about that.

I'm thinking of some sort of petition.

Can I do that here?

Will it change the Thai behavour?

Remember ... every half-satang adds up over a life time.

• Like 1

Mine gets rounded up.

Can I do that here?

if i ask for 500thb of petrol and the guy accidentally puts in 501thb and i pay with a 1000 note

ive always gotten 500 back ,never ever 499thb :)

• Like 2

I did not fully understand the op (sorry but not unusual with this poster) . Appears that he ordered 27 litres of fuel, which would almost certainly come to an odd fraction of a Baht, needing rounding up or down.

Thought people usually ordered fuel by the monetary amount ie 100,500 or1000 baht meaning no baht fractions. Even ordering dtem they usually wait till the pump clicks off and fill to the next 10baht.

Again perhaps I did not understand the problem.

I did not fully understand the op (sorry but not unusual with this poster) . Appears that he ordered 27 litres of fuel, which would almost certainly come to an odd fraction of a Baht, needing rounding up or down.

Thought people usually ordered fuel by the monetary amount ie 100,500 or1000 baht meaning no baht fractions. Even ordering dtem they usually wait till the pump clicks off and fill to the next 10baht.

Again perhaps I did not understand the problem.

i normally ask for a full tank rather than a numbered amount in thb or litres and its always rounded to the nearest ten after the auto shut off they dribble in a little bit more so if it stops on 986 they will put another 4 thb in and 10 thb change from 1k

Mine gets rounded up.

Can I do that here?

Why change Thai behavior? Go home and be happy. Yes we are in the farang trsh bin here. Sick bastard

Edited by BlueSkyCowboy
  • Like 1

I'm still trying to work out how they get 66 litres of fuel into a 60 litre tank that also reads you have 1/4 of a tank on the guage before they started.

Try explaining that to a pump opetator and you'll be as bald as I am.

Edited by CharlieH
  • Like 1

Mine gets rounded up.

Can I do that here?

cheesy.gif if you want to make a fool of yourself, be my guest.....

Mine gets rounded up.

Can I do that here?

not considering rebirth whistling.gif

• Like 1

Mine gets rounded up.

Can I do that here?

"Will it change the Thai behavour?"

No, not all 37 million of them but "the Thai" will still think "the farang" are kee niaow and more than a little nuts.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 2

I'm still trying to work out how they get 66 litres of fuel into a 60 litre tank that also reads you have 1/4 of a tank on the guage before they started.

Correct. I had at least 10 liter gasoline in tha tank , asked for a full tank at gasoline station. They filled the tank 73 liters gasoline. Tank volume is 76 liter maximum. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS ? I KNOW. Some stations has a price for example 50 baht a liter but they give you 0,90 liter for 50 baht. Did you get it. Probably this is a big problem in the world. But if you have 5 liter empty can and you ask for a 5 liter gasoline, you can see exactly how much gasoline do you get in your can. Correct. Do you have another idea how to find out. Somebody probably check all petrol stations every month , I've heard. But we are foreigners we can not change anything here not even in our countries in Europe. I lived in BKK before. I had 2 neighbors who where taxi drivers. The same rout to Suvarnabhoumi early morning gave 2 different prices every time I go. One is always round 120 THB, the other one is round 140 THB. Both taxis belong to the same company. The same thing happened to me in Stockholm also. That depends on how much money you give to the man who fixes your taxameter to your taxi car. I've learned that it can be up to 100 000 THB in Stockholm. Would you believe that? Let's forget it all . Life is so short. Take a drink , look at some beautiful woman , be happy. The most important think is your health. Without health is life not worth to live. Cheers

• Like 1

Ok, I can see 2 reason how you fit "more" in than the tank "holds" 1) your gauge isn't accurate, by that I mean, a fuel tank is usually tapered at the bottom so fuel can be emptied, think of a funnel, great amount at the top than the bottom, 2) a tanks capacity does not take into consideration the filler tube.

Ok, I can see 2 reason how you fit "more" in than the tank "holds" 1) your gauge isn't accurate, by that I mean, a fuel tank is usually tapered at the bottom so fuel can be emptied, think of a funnel, great amount at the top than the bottom, 2) a tanks capacity does not take into consideration the filler tube.

theres no way over 10 litres could be "lost" in the tube between the tank and the injection system but i would agree that guages are mostly not accurate ad stayy full for too long and then decrease rapidly from half full to empty warning

same on bikes as well,gauge says its full until its half empty

Lad in Chiang Mai tried the double fill when we went in on two bikes, ie. not resetting the amount for the second one so he pays double and they pocket it.

Unfortunately for him we had a laugh as the amount he tried to charge me was more than the capacity of the tank on my bike. We offered him a quick choice of an approximately correct amount of money or the manager and the police. He accepted the approximately correct amount of money as the pump must be broken.

Edited by Som wat

theres no way over 10 litres could be "lost" in the tube between the tank and the injection system but i would agree that guages are mostly not accurate ad stayy full for too long and then decrease rapidly from half full to empty warning

same on bikes as well,gauge says its full until its half empty

You say "half empty".

I prefer to think of it as "half full" smile.png

mine is usually rounded down if they put in an extra fraction of a baht's worth of gas to the nearest 10thb

anyway ,anyone worried about 50 satang round up has got much bigger problems .........

YipYipYa, what if you were the gas station and you did that to 53,231 customers a month, or if you were the parent company and held 641 stations . . . "anyone worried about 50 satang round up has got much bigger problems ........."

Don't worry about the 0.5 satang or do you mean 50 satang? 0.5 baht. The E20 is going to cost you a lot more even if your car is tuned to use it you will use more E20 than E10 or benzine. If your car isn't tuned for E20 you'll be paying for a new engine soon.

mine is usually rounded down if they put in an extra fraction of a baht's worth of gas to the nearest 10thb

anyway ,anyone worried about 50 satang round up has got much bigger problems .........

YipYipYa, what if you were the gas station and you did that to 53,231 customers a month, or if you were the parent company and held 641 stations . . . "anyone worried about 50 satang round up has got much bigger problems ........."

Then I would be probably more wealthy than am now, my point still stands

If half a baht roundup is worrying anyone, what are they going to do in a real crisis ?

Then I would be probably more wealthy than am now, my point still stands

If half a baht roundup is worrying anyone, what are they going to do in a real crisis ?

Resort to mini-economics, as you have apparently done.

Reminds me od a post we had here in Chiang Mai from a guy who was serious about where he could cash in his satang's.

....or another guy who was infuriated that some restroom somewhere wanted to charge him 2 baht entry fee. The nerve!