Can Anybody Tell Me How To Make Friend?

orasa

Hello everybody :D .....this is my frirst post.

First of all I'm a Thai woman(25). After I finished school and have been working in Bangkok for 1year I find out it is difficult to make a new friend. It could becasue of my personal. I not speak too much but I'm friendly and smile easy, I can say HI or HOW ARE YOU but not too much deeper than that. It could because of I'm shy or unselfconfidential or afraid. what ever I want to know how to make a friend?

maybe with some person is easy but it difficult for me :o

So if anybody can give me a suggestion it would be nice.

Or maybe it could be you? I would like to have a friend for traveling, chatting, exchange language(for a foreigner), it could be a woman or a man if we are interested in the same things.

> Not sure I follow love, You can't make friends because

> you are personal????? :o

Go read up on your Thinglish. She intended: "It could be because of my personality".

Actually, Orasa, I think there's nothing wrong with your self-confidence if you can write a message here like you just did.

Probably you will receive some messages by private-message as well. And you can send me a private message or e-mail anytime too. Not everyone here is bad.. :D

Thanks for joining this website!! I wish more Thai people would join!

Another fun place where lots of foreigners talk about travel in Thailand is for example :

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/categories.cfm?catid=51

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hello everybody :D .....this is my frirst post.

First of all I'm a Thai woman(25). After I finished school and have been working in Bangkok for 1year I find out it is difficult to make a new friend. It could becasue of my personal. I not speak too much but I'm friendly and smile easy, I can say HI or HOW ARE YOU but not too much deeper than that. It could because of I'm shy or unselfconfidential or afraid. what ever I want to know how to make a friend?

maybe with some person is easy but it difficult for me :o

So if anybody can give me a suggestion it would be nice.

Or maybe it could be you? I would like to have a friend for traveling, chatting, exchange language(for a foreigner), it could be a woman or a man if we are interested in the same things.

I can't help thinking that this post is a fake.

Hello everybody  :D .....this is my frirst post.

My first post, too... :o

Its a great forum. i have been reading the posts for last one month and now decided to join it. i really liked it! i also wanna make new frndz.. hope i will find soon...

Show interest in the other person's life. People love it when other people are interested in them. Be confident even if you don't fell confident and over time I'm sure you will make some friends.

I totally agree with you. Ask people questions about their lifes, jobs, interests, etc. But not "too" personal. I think most men love talking about their jobs. Not certain if I am right though. I used to date this one guy, when I asked him about his work, he always talked non-stop. He loved talking about it much more than talking about a weekend out of town with me. :o

Anyway, I really have to say this, but without your last sentence, orasa, your post would sound like a personal ad.

It depends for what kind of friends or contacts you are looking for.

I think, you can start with posting regularly your opinion about this and that with this forum. This is maybe quite a nice beginning and a good English correspondence exercise.

In our case:

My wife and I will be in the Bangkok -Pattaya area 10-24/april/2004 and also all july 2004. We are always looking for some new friends, as we do not know so many Thai people personally.

Most Thai friends we found through the internet. We understand, that often Thai people, who are not accustomed to English and to foreigners, are shy and do not know, how to make the first contact....I am from Europe, my wife is Japanese, our Thai is far away to be perfect....

Why not, you can send us an email, and you can look up my homepage and sign my guest-book. If you like, we can meet you next month.

Best regards, Johann

http://www2.gol.com/users/johann

Here you can see all my family!

And please do not forget to sign my guest book

http://johann.50megs.com/guest_book.html

e-mail address is also on my homepage!

it is

[email protected]