Why do we call them, Thai Girls ?

When they are in their late 20's or 30's , Farangs still call them Thai Girls.

Yet a late 20's or 30's woman from a Farang country would be ....a woman, not a girl, even though she"s the same age.

Why ?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the saying ...Have a look at that old girl .....she looks Ok.

True, look at the old girl...

Valid.

Thinking about even more, we don't call our Cars or Airplanes women either, it's always Girl.

I took the old girl up to 10000 ft to fight Jerry, sounds better than, I took the old woman up up 10000 ft to fight jerry , true?

So are old Farangs known as

German boys ?

English Boys ?

"we" call them Thaigirls, because, the name befits the description, and leaves open, the follow through story, because, there always is one

AND,

whoever doesnt call western girls, "girls" into their late 30's. isn't getting laid

you call them "women" and they think you mean their mother

the one's that want to be called "women"

run from

I always wonder why men refer to their wives here as their Thai wives. I have never heard anyone in Canada refer to their wife as their Canadian wife. Of course I have heard other references that were less formal.

They are going on the defensive ready for the onslaught of stereotyping.

not sure why you think it means the expected reactions would ne negative, or become stereotypical

most people I meet, swear by their thai women, and wouldn't ever consider a western girl again

I am now one of them

• Like 1

not sure why you think it means the expected reactions would ne negative, or become stereotypical

most people I meet, swear by their thai women, and wouldn't ever consider a western girl again

I am now one of them

I agree with you Scarpolo but there are those who have never visited and whose life revolves around Babe TV and a box of Kleenex. I'm sure the following phrases are familiar to some.

"Bought wife"

"Just after a passport"

"Pedo playground"

Etc, etc.

All stereotypical nonsense.

Because they still look like girls at 30 years old. How many western women do you know that still weigh 48 kilos at 30?

Then they age spectacularly in what seems to be an almost instantaneous transformation. Middle age in Thai women doesn't seem to exist. There are the younger years up to about 32 - 35 and then the morphing into an elderly lady. Minimal transition period.

Ummm, disagree. Think the place is literally crawling with attractive women in their late 30's, 40s, some into early 50s even. Again, thinking thin. Also, definitely call them women, only girl thing about them might be height. My experience is with Chiang Mai and Phrae, mainly.

I always wonder why men refer to their wives here as their Thai wives. I have never heard anyone in Canada refer to their wife as their Canadian wife. Of course I have heard other references that were less formal.

"Thai" wife denotes "2 or 3 Farang Exes" tongue.png

• Like 2