Any advice on moving Thai lodger along please

Mac66

I wouldnt take 4 days of that shit let alone 4 months. Grow a pair OP

Me neither, i would be at the door with his gear telling him to "F" off pronto plus a bit of finger poking to help him along.

You just cannot let guys like this walk all over you as ab says "grow a pair"

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt take 4 days of that shit let alone 4 months. Grow a pair OP

Me neither, i would be at the door with his gear telling him to "F" off pronto plus a bit of finger poking to help him along.

You just cannot let guys like this walk all over you as ab says "grow a pair"

Not sure I would be that way with a drug user and probable drug dealer.

You are very brave.

• Like 1

re CC non payment - visa came right to the work of a friend of my wife's - as she didn't answer any letters sent to negotiate payments that weren't being made - they garnashied her big 8000 bt a month salary for 4000 bt a month...also in all this meantime... if your buddy gets a whiff of being kicked out - you also might come home one day and find all your stuff cleared out if he can hook up a pick up truck...yes evicting him might be painful - but you can't move out and let him stay as then you are liable for any damage and non rent payment...dunno - what will it cost to get out of a lease? myself I might have to say look - here is 2-3-4000 bt for getting your stuff out the door and you are going to have to hire a pick up and move it... but then you better be prepared to stay until he does... like on a weekend - or you might have your stuff gone...

• Like 2

re CC non payment - visa came right to the work of a friend of my wife's - as she didn't answer any letters sent to negotiate payments that weren't being made - they garnashied her big 8000 bt a month salary for 4000 bt a month...also in all this meantime... if your buddy gets a whiff of being kicked out - you also might come home one day and find all your stuff cleared out if he can hook up a pick up truck...yes evicting him might be painful - but you can't move out and let him stay as then you are liable for any damage and non rent payment...dunno - what will it cost to get out of a lease? myself I might have to say look - here is 2-3-4000 bt for getting your stuff out the door and you are going to have to hire a pick up and move it... but then you better be prepared to stay until he does... like on a weekend - or you might have your stuff gone...

You have to look past the smile! If not, you will most likely get burned by this guy. shrimpythailand is right, YOU might lose all your possessions while you are out. Go about your business as usual and make your move. Don't put the blinders on again.

• Like 1

You have to look past the smile! If not, you will most likely get burned by this guy. shrimpythailand is right, YOU might lose all your possessions while you are out. Go about your business as usual and make your move. Don't put the blinders on again.

Listen to my old friend here OP. We've been through this one before when our kids' place was under threat. The planning was hysterical mind.

• Like 1

Listen to my old friend here OP. We've been through this one before when our kids' place was under threat. The planning was hysterical mind.

If you'd summarise that long story into a short passage containing the relevant information then you'd get more responses.

I'm guessing you are American Edward.

I guess OP you are not Chuck Norris.

Sorry for my joke.

But seiriously, you got here many nice and brave advises from the TV computer chat heroes.

So guys who will go there and help the OP to take this TH man out ???

Any candidate ?

Edited by Loles
  • Like 2

Mac66, As I stated before, you are not alone. My dear friend MJP is definitely the intelectual side of my problem solving. I'm a New Yorker from Woodside, Queens and the way things got done there was all about being stand up and the doing right thing. If someone got a broken leg in the process, he deserved it. Case closed, problem solved or another leg was broken. Eventually, someone was begging for forgivness. I hope you can guess that it wasn't the innocent party. Here in Thailand we all are out of our neighborhood. We are in their's! That doesn't mean we have to be victims. A little grease goes a long way here and patience is definitely a virtue. You have been dealing with this as-hole for 4 months, what's the rush. You have made the first step in resolving this conflict. Your options are numerous. It will be over very soon as long as you act on some of the recommendations given in this forum. Let your conscience be your guide. Things will be as they were before all this happened. The only thing you have to be concerned with is whether or not this <deleted> is stupid enough to keep it going. Cover your tracks and make it known you are not to be f-cked with. This may go against your grain but it has to be! Make it known you won't be a victim and the consequences for trying keep increasing. It must be that way! A big stick is what this type of person understands best! Overwhelming pain associated with dealng with you has to be the parent thought. Then it will be over. That goes for any culture. If you aren't the master of pain then you are one of it's subjects. Peace!

• Like 1

^^ My brother is correct, don't be a victim, it's all too easy if you're a kind person in Thailand.

The ghost thing will work.

OP, start a thread in the photo forum for practical advice on how to go about this.

If you'd summarise that long story into a short passage containing the relevant information then you'd get more responses.

I guess OP you are not Chuck Norris.

Sorry for my joke.

But seiriously, you got here many nice and brave advises from the TV computer chat heroes.

So guys who will go there and help the OP to take this TH man out ???

Any candidate ?

That's a great point. Many of us here feel alone. The rest of the world can't get along(too much BS from politicians and Diplomats). There is a lot of talent and intelligence on this site. Why do we have to be annonymous key strokers without any social, political, moral, ethnic, religious, military, professional,political.........etc connection other than a website. I'm not advocating any kind of unlawful behavior just people of the world in a different country coming together to solve their problems. Oh, that's what happens here. Sorry for the brain fart.

• Like 1

just box up his shit and leave it outside

change the locks and if he tries to break in call security and the police

keep the door barricaded and reinforced with your other furniture if necessary for as many days as need be

buy enough food to last you a week or two and stay quiet so he wont know if youre home or not

you dont have to hurt him and he cant hurt you

he will move on if he cant get through your door and the other neighbours and condo managment will take action if hes camping in the hall off his head on drugs

and maybe solve the problem for you

spelling looks Brit-influenced

Let's see now.

Correct use of the apostrophe on two occasions, correct use of the 's' (as opposed to a 'z', pronounced 'zed') in the word 'summarise', no spelling mistakes, near perfect sentence construction, and a user name that has reference to a classic British comedy called 'The League of Gentlemen'.

Overwhelming evidence that he's not American. biggrin.png

Well, if incorrect punctuation, spelling, and sentence structure are representative of American writing, it would seem the vast majority of posters on ThaiVisa are American.

• Like 1

Are you a man or a mouse? He is using you and he knows you are too weak to respond.

Grow some balls and get him out.

OP CHange the locks and put his stuff out at the front door. You can either advise him of your plan or do it without warning.

you need the police statement before you act.

the whole process only cost me 20 baht for the police photocopier.

it will also pre-empt any kind of police complaint he might think of.

easy to let a thai move in but try getting them out........they are like limpets.

This whole thread and all the wordy worldly advise is all a load of swill if the OP has been neutered by fear and what ifs. If he wants to spend 3 months money on his boarder then hire a bodyguard for the lock out plan.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, What I was told years ago is correct. My friend said,

Unfortunately,
What my my friend told me years ago is still true. He said, "Richard, the only thing these people undersrtand is a Big Stick".

As foreigners we will be exploited at every turn. The only thing that saves us is our money. I disagree with premise. Money will take you only so far. If you can't ellicit the respect, friendship or fear from the local population with cash, then you are doomed. There has to be more to it. I have had my share of farang business dealings with these godless creatins and I use that against them. I've learned to put my wife first when dealing with these racist as-holes. I now, take take the famous Thai smile and use it against them because it lacks sincerity.

Not everyone is deserving of this treatment but when a person moves into your house and won't leave the gloves must come off, in my opinion. The good and honest people I have met here for the most part are the most successful Thais. Strange how that is. That principle works worldwide and the rest need to be dealt with in a way they understand. The big stick rule works, it's only a matter of knowing where it applies. You don't need to be a scholar to figure it out. Just the guts to be honest with yourself. You will be a victim if you present as one. It's not about throwing your chest out and proclaiming how powerfu you are. On the contrary, speak softly and carry a big stick.

'

• Like 2

Here is my two cents, kick his ass out..... you may be accused of not having Thainess, but what else can I say..... Have watched the very same epoch happen for years in Thailand. This same event happens even here right in the United States.... See many grand-mothers that come here as Nanny's now... They are not happy.... Thai's from my experience are separated, for many years..... so what is the purpose of family? I even see it with my wife's mother...... I guess it means you raise your children, then raise theirs?

So my point is, where is the responsibility? Is it the lack of compassion? Or that they are too busy to tend to their children..... Just my thought......

wai.gifwai.gifwai.gif

Kerry

Why is the OP's writing style so similiar to more than a few other newbie posters over the last few months who just have a few (or no) posts, and then post a very long convoluted story almost too ridiculous to be true.

Just sayin'.

my suspicions exactly.

there have been some stories that seem so designed to provoke high post counts and anger/condescension that they almost read like scripts.

• Like 2

Got a computer, a projector and some decent speakers?

- Tell a few stories on how the previous tenant died in his room, and he left all his stuff you got to keep!

- Tell the story on how he was murdered in there and how he was screaming as the murderer stabbed him repeatedly

Then when you're out of your house, have a ghost show run while you're out of the house. You can download pre-made clips that make shadows run around your living room, stabbing each other screaming, etc.

Even if he discovers the projector he'll still be scared as nobody was in the house to start it up (you can auto-start it with some software and a USB relay board).

When you get back and he tells you of the ghost stabbing the other ghost, just laugh it off and tell him ghosts don't exist, but every now and then at night play the screaming noise but deny hearing it if he mentions it.

Edited by wprime
  • Like 2

No need to change locks as the OP said he does not have a key, only a security pass for the building.

Tell him you can't afford the place and you need to get a lodger to help pay. Get a mate to bring some stuff over and both of you can put the squeeze on him. Give him some bus money to get home.

Don't back down. You are just too soft.

No need to change locks as the OP said he does not have a key, only a security pass for the building.

Tell him you can't afford the place and you need to get a lodger to help pay. Get a mate to bring some stuff over and both of you can put the squeeze on him. Give him some bus money to get home.

Don't back down. You are just too soft.

I am having serious doubts as to whether this is a true situation.

Surely the building management can void all electronic keys on one particular lock, reset and issue a new key. What do they do when a key is lost? Once they void the key and issue a new one then the malingerer can no longer enter the condo.

The story about the security guard always being asleep and the unwelcome visitor eating the OP's food and smirking are too inflammatory to be true. My guess is this is all made up, as others have alluded to.

• Like 1

Go to police offer them 1000 to 2000 bht to come to ur place they will get him out in 5 mins

No they won't and offering money in this manner will almost certainly see you having a long stay in the monkeyhouse. There is tea money and there is tea money, there are rules and your idea falls outside the boundaries.

Go to police offer them 1000 to 2000 bht to come to ur place they will get him out in 5 mins

No they won't and offering money in this manner will almost certainly see you having a long stay in the monkeyhouse. There is tea money and there is tea money, there are rules and your idea falls outside the boundaries.

The tea money has to be done in a certain way, and it may benefit the OP if he has some contacts with the local BIB. If not then, doubtful that approach will work.

Make yourself a Ouija board, get a few friends round and hold a fake seance. Or alternatively, start holding conversations with an invisible ( someone stood in the corner) and start asking your lodger why he cannot see someone who's clearly there. Lodger will be gone within the week, guaranteed

Edited by lucifer666
  • Like 1