PDRC's make-or-break bid

Lite Beer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What strikes me is how much and how far the old guard has had to go this time. Even should they succeed the next time will be even harder to engineer.

It seems to me they have pulled out all the stops and still not certain of getting their way. It really goes to show how precarious their position in the coming years.

I don't think there is anything much left in the tank for next time ( and there will be a next time ) should they get their way.

This week should be very interesting, it could well be by forcing things to go their way such as it is the price paid will be that much higher in the long run.

You cant turn back time and you cant de couple from the world. Most of all you cannot put back to sleep or silence a sector of society that has already awakened and found its voice.

Nothing is certain about this week but it is going to be interesting.

You had better refer to Voranai's article in the newspaper we cannot quote here. It sums all up. I bet you 1,000 GBP, it will turn out that way.The only question is whether Thaksin makes the deal and throws UDD/Red shirts under the bus or not. After all this is all about Thaksin. Suthep is a useful fool or tool, whichever way you prefer. I don't think anyone in the right frame of mind would like him to represent his/her country. He is useful internally. As for Chooka's comments, I still vividly remember his old avatar. It served him right. wink.png

Edited by Mackie

So he decides the criteria for what is or is not a "victory" on that day.
mhm.

This guy knows how to work the media:
All you've got to do to win them over is to speak at people as if they're retarded, because they generally are.

<snip>

I particularly like this phrase to describe what is happening in Thailand: "the elites are using state institutions as barbed wire to keep out the popular voice". In the article Duncan McCargo also makes some excellent points, noting for example that richer Thais believe that their "uneducated" countrymen aren't ready to vote. Tell that to the Indians or Indonesians!
So everyone in the world seems to get it about the scandalous theft of democracy by Suthep and his elite cronies in Thailand. All the newspapers and commentators get it, such as Time, Independent, Guardian, NY Times, Washington Post, the BBC, ATV, CNN, Aljazeera - plus the the Australian, Canadian, French and German newspapers. So it's only the fascist Suthep, the ammart and their sympathisers and naiive southerners, plus a handful of tea-party sympathisers here on ThaiVisa, who don't get it.

I have not idea about elections in Indonesia, but as for India - you are grossly mistaken in assuming that social attitudes and

notions about rights are all that different in comparison with Thailand. The Indian elections campaigns are always plagued with

corruption, fraud, marginalizing, in justice and violence. Wealth, Caste (yes, it's still there), religion, region, skin color and gender biases are all very much in evidence. Their redeeming quality is that the transition of power is not (usually) contested by the losing side, which allows the country to function.

May I also suggest that by painting everyone who opposes the government as "fascist", "ammart sympathizer" and most of

all as being a "naive Southerner" - you are basically applying a mirror image of the same thing you complain about, denying

their right for a different opinion, on the grounds that their notions seem to you stupid, evil, self-serving and generally wrong.