CAPO: Civil servants who are PDRC supporters might be charged

Lite Beer

Basically, they are civil servants, not PDRC servants, or Suthep servants or yellow shirt servants.

If they want to work for another boss, they should resign or be sacked from their current job.

What a quaint, if very stupid, point of view. They work for the government, not one side or the other. If the Democrats won an election, should very civil servant have to become a Democrat supporter? Same for the other side. Heaven forbid if they were all forced to support Chalerm, Tarit and the rest of the idiots

Actually they don't work for the government. They work for the country and when a government changes 99.x% stay in their jobs and carry on running the country at the behest of their new political bosses until the next change.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been quite a hysterical reaction on this thread by some posters.

Its not about having a different political opinion, it sounds like it has gone way beyond that. And keep in mind that yellow shirt supporters don't exactly have the best record in playing clean politics. Their whole political strategy over the last few months is all about dirty tricks and cheap shots against the government, combined with an elaborate legal maneuvers to create an artificial and unnatural political vacuum, that gives them the room and excuse to push forward their undemocratic power grab agenda. instigating violence to trigger a coup is of course their last card. the PDRC (civil?) servants are just doing their part.

The fact is, if civil servants are actually guilty of the allegations of CAPO "break-in of government offices, treason and aiding and abetting", then of course they should be sacked and charged.

@moonao has it ever happened that you posted something that was critical of something the PTP or red shirts have done? Anything?

probably not, but then again, I don't claim to be neutral or accuse others of being bias for that matter.

contrast this to some of the dishonest yellow shirt supporters who spout nothing but anti-Thaksin nonsense all day and then have the gall to accuse others of being bias. smile.png

they probably can't even spell "hypocritical". giggle.gif

CAPO are rapidly loosing any of the little credibility and legitimacy they had by making pie in the sky threats like this to make people toe the party line.

Edit: Thailand has lost the little credibility and legitimacy it had by everyone making pie in the sky threats, but the party seems to continue on just fine.

Buffons.

Is a Civil Servant not entitled to a private life wherein they can express their personal opinions

Buffons are those who do not understand that you can do whatever you want in your free time, as Puea Thai has stated several times. But you cannot go protest while you are getting paid.

Is that really so hard to understand?

Say you work and get paid from 8am to 5pm, but you go protest from 9am to 4pm and work just 2 hours. You cant do that. Makes sense? I really hope so.

So they don´t have the right to strike?

If you are referring to the BKK Post article out now about State Union has partnered with Suthep for a mass work stoppage, I think it is a completely backward and despicable thing to do, so that Suthep can reach his 1 million mark.

They call for workers to stop supporting the government and the lackies that serve it. They've made themselves Suthep's lackies instead. They also show themselves to be self-serving, boot licking cowards by waiting as long as they could to see who might prevail, then attach themselves to the most obvious winner.

The sad part is most government employees have been doing the right thing by remaining A-political and just doing their jobs, or at least trying to unless blocked by PDRC protesters. Government workers serve Thai citizens regardless of who's in charge of the government. It's the more senior people who dabble around with politicians and ideology who get involved like this and think they can drag all their subordinates along with them. Like luggage.

This move will pressure government employees to not go to work and to attend PDRC rallies, whether they agree or not or even want to.

• Like 1

There has been quite a hysterical reaction on this thread by some posters.

Its not about having a different political opinion, it sounds like it has gone way beyond that. And keep in mind that yellow shirt supporters don't exactly have the best record in playing clean politics. Their whole political strategy over the last few months is all about dirty tricks and cheap shots against the government, combined with an elaborate legal maneuvers to create an artificial and unnatural political vacuum, that gives them the room and excuse to push forward their undemocratic power grab agenda. instigating violence to trigger a coup is of course their last card. the PDRC (civil?) servants are just doing their part.

The fact is, if civil servants are actually guilty of the allegations of CAPO "break-in of government offices, treason and aiding and abetting", then of course they should be sacked and charged.

@moonao has it ever happened that you posted something that was critical of something the PTP or red shirts have done? Anything?

probably not, but then again, I don't claim to be neutral or accuse others of being bias for that matter.

contrast this to some of the dishonest yellow shirt supporters who spout nothing but anti-Thaksin nonsense all day and then have the gall to accuse others of being bias. smile.png

I will spell "hypocritical" if you can name the principles of democracy the PTP adhere too, that the UDD leaders will fight for and that the UDD pawns will die for while the UDD leaders go into hiding in Cambodia?

The cornerstone of the PTP ethos is apparently "democracy". They mention it in every speech yet they only follow it up with the word "elections" as if that is it. Is it?

I will understand if you can't name them because that will highlight that the PTP ministry of propaganda is very successful and it typifies the gullibility of supporters in following a "team" that they can't explain why they support.

Basically, they are civil servants, not PDRC servants, or Suthep servants or yellow shirt servants.

If they want to work for another boss, they should resign or be sacked from their current job.

You just get worse... week by week.. day by day.

If they want to work for another boss, you state, but you believe their current boss is civil?.......... you are taking the proverbial right?... But no, actually, in your bent you are so mentally perverted even you believe KThaksin is still the boss.

Then you have the real audacity to say they, the ones who don't agree with their boss should resign or be sacked (I'm guessing you're a pimp. right?). I personally think you need psychiatric help at this stage.... or you'll be another VICTIM who threw himself off a 9th floor, because you believed the girl didn't have a prick!

Waste of space... you R.

I blocked that idiot ages ago...and about 90% of other blatant stupid Thaksin supporters. Glad I don't have to wade through their trash any more.

Edited by culicine

And therein lies the cretinous understanding of the small minded.

The government is not their boss.

The government decides policies that the civil service implements.

The minute the government starts messing around with appointments and personnel then all hell breaks loose.

And that is why boneheaded thoughts such as yours bring mayhem

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

nor 'biased'.

Whilst you're on one, would you care to define 'anti-Thaksin nonsense'?

If they want to work for another boss, you state, but you believe their current boss is civil?.......... you are taking the proverbial right?... But no, actually, in your bent you are so mentally perverted even you believe KThaksin is still the boss.

Then you have the real audacity to say they, the ones who don't agree with their boss should resign or be sacked (I'm guessing you're a pimp. right?). I personally think you need psychiatric help at this stage.... or you'll be another VICTIM who threw himself off a 9th floor, because you believed the girl didn't have a prick!

Waste of space... you R.

I blocked that idiot ages ago...and about 90% of other blatant stupid Thaksin supporters. Glad I don't have to wade through their trash any more.

PCRC supporters, apart from being hysterically intolerant of others opinions, can get quite nasty.

It's no wonder they don't have the self control and maturity to stop their personal political opinions (which they are entitled to) from interfering with their work responsibilities (in the case of the ones CAPO are warning). In some cases they are actively sabotaging their responsibilities which is unacceptable.

And therein lies the cretinous understanding of the small minded.

The government is not their boss.

The government decides policies that the civil service implements.

The minute the government starts messing around with appointments and personnel then all hell breaks loose.

And that is why boneheaded thoughts such as yours bring mayhem

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

sigh.

the civil servants basically report to the minister in charge of the portfolio, who is part of the government ? no ?

or the PDRC ? nevermind.

Making friends the PTP way.

If Suthep wins then there will be an amnesty, oh no wait they are fighting against an amnesty for law breakers. It will just go away and the last 7 months never happened.

Buffons.

Is a Civil Servant not entitled to a private life wherein they can express their personal opinions

I thought that but the OP does seem to suggest that it's refusing orders that's the problem rather than expressing their opinion. Even then it could be difficult if cabinet members defy court decisions and the police and army don't carry out their jobs as has happened before.

• Like 1

Seemingly harsh but it does make sense. It's time to stop mincing words: The PDRC is a terrorist organization. If a government worker was involved with al-Qaeda or the like they'd face legal action as well.

cheesy.gif

Proof of absence of red intelligence.

Normally the terrorist are the one doing killing and terorrising.

So far almost all casualties have been on the side of the anti government, including children in trad, celebrated on stage by red leaders.

Wonders when terrorists became the terrorized, ah red logic..

YEP.

That is PTP logic right there!!!!

And is deserved of the pidgin award.

I will finish on a Michael Scott quote which under the circumstances is applicable.

"Sometimes I'll start a sentence and I don't even know where it's going. I just hope I find it along the way"

Well michaelscottfan. You didn't find it along the way!!!

post-140765-0-08165500-1400417962_thumb.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

PTP dictatorship is in corner, and try to deter freedom of expression of all Thai who are against them.........

Why CAPO not charge UDD leaders for insurrection too with their call to civil war.......!

• Like 1

I am not sure but in most civilized countries you have the right to strike and protest, but here its called treason and insurrection and stuff like that.

I wonder how those things would hold up in court... probably as well as most of the PTP their actions... NOT.

• Like 1

Civil servant having their own opinion and supporting/voting Democrat? No problem.

Civil servant privately agreeing with the reasons a government should be over thrown? OK but keep that to yourself.

Civil servant actively supporting and participating with a group seeking to over throw the government? Problem.

It is really that simple. It only gets convoluted when you factor in your bias and opinion on who is the lessor of the evils here.

It is not clear if this government is legal. CAPO with Chalerm and Surapong is most probably illegal.

Civil servants who support an illegal government also got a problem....

When that point is made clear, it would certainly change the dynamic but that's not for an employee to decide, or even Suthep.

In the meantime, government employees should carry on doing their job best they can and don't get caught up in the idea they are supporting PTP by doing their job. They provide a service to the people, all of them, even us foreigners, regardless of politics.

If they want to take to the streets and participate in actions to overthrow the government, resign like Suthep did, and do it.

please note these "government employees" are employees of Thailand and not of this specific PTP government.

I think we are in agreement on that. They should be A-political.

CAPO are rapidly loosing any of the little credibility and legitimacy they had by making pie in the sky threats like this to make people toe the party line.

I think you are about 4 months late with that statement

In any other country CAPO would have been manned by a select group that represented all of the sides involved

Unfortunately one of PTP major governance failures was the inability to represent the other 50% of the electorate - it's "us and them instead of all"

Edited by smedly

I am not sure but in most civilized countries you have the right to strike and protest, but here its called treason and insurrection and stuff like that.

I wonder how those things would hold up in court... probably as well as most of the PTP their actions... NOT.

Did you see the article on State Union joining with Suthep?

Yes, seems like a normal strike to against a government, these happen in other countries too. Nothing new actually.

It would be bad if they said we only serve anti government supporters ect, but they deny service to everyone.. so just an normal strike.

They just want to oust the government its a democratic right to protest and strike.

Step by step the pressure is being increased hopefully this will end the government fast.. then some reforms to curb abuse of power and corruption and then an election sounds like a good plan.

Yes, seems like a normal strike to against a government, these happen in other countries too. Nothing new actually.

It would be bad if they said we only serve anti government supporters ect, but they deny service to everyone.. so just an normal strike.

They just want to oust the government its a democratic right to protest and strike.

Step by step the pressure is being increased hopefully this will end the government fast.. then some reforms to curb abuse of power and corruption and then an election sounds like a good plan.

Interesting, thanks. I read it as a deal struck between Union Leadership and Suthep for political reasons, having nothing to do with input from workers about things they would normally get help from a Union on - working conditions, pay, etc.

My take away from the agenda in the article, is workers will be told not to go to work and to attend PDRC rallies. I read that as a guarantee made by Union leaders to Suthep - we can deliver X number of people. They'll do what we tell them, whether they want to or not.

Interesting, thanks. I read it as a deal struck between Union Leadership and Suthep for political reasons, having nothing to do with input from workers about things they would normally get help from a Union on - working conditions, pay, etc.

My take away from the agenda in the article, is workers will be told not to go to work and to attend PDRC rallies. I read that as a guarantee made by Union leaders to Suthep - we can deliver X number of people. They'll do what we tell them, whether they want to or not.

If they are forced to attend.. then I hope that is made public, because that would defeat the whole purpose of a strike. That would be the same as those paid for reds and rented Cambodians to make up numbers at all the red shirt protests. (both well documented and proven with articles on this site).

If the workers are force then its a real disgrace.. but seeing as most of the middle class is anti government I highly doubt it. There might be some individual cases where they are forced (condemn that too but could happen) but forcing everyone to go I doubt it and it would lead to a lot of negative PR.

Threatening civil servants with treason ? Just another day in the life of Pheu Thai. What is of course behind the bluster of CAPO's announcement is actually a lot of fear, because Pheu Thai fears that civil servants will yet again cast a smile in the direction of those who want Thaksin out of the system - and what could possibly be more treasonous than that ?

Might be a good time for the civil servants to start a campaign of civil disobedience, starting with CAPO, first up they could slow-down or even better, lose the daily booze order - now that would put a cat among the pigeons just for starters.

Waste of space... you R.

I think their humour beats the Thai soapies anytime, even if it is as stupid.

Seemingly harsh but it does make sense. It's time to stop mincing words: The PDRC is a terrorist organization. If a government worker was involved with al-Qaeda or the like they'd face legal action as well.

What rot!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Threatening civil servants with treason ? Just another day in the life of Pheu Thai. What is of course behind the bluster of CAPO's announcement is actually a lot of fear, because Pheu Thai fears that civil servants will yet again cast a smile in the direction of those who want Thaksin out of the system - and what could possibly be more treasonous than that ?

Might be a good time for the civil servants to start a campaign of civil disobedience, starting with CAPO, first up they could slow-down or even better, lose the daily booze order - now that would put a cat among the pigeons just for starters.
That's fine, just stop their paychecks. End of story

That's fine, just stop their paychecks. End of story

Stop who's paychecks, CAPO's? - brilliant suggestion and so easy to implement.

If they are forced to attend.. then I hope that is made public, because that would defeat the whole purpose of a strike. That would be the same as those paid for reds and rented Cambodians to make up numbers at all the red shirt protests. (both well documented and proven with articles on this site).

If the workers are force then its a real disgrace.. but seeing as most of the middle class is anti government I highly doubt it. There might be some individual cases where they are forced (condemn that too but could happen) but forcing everyone to go I doubt it and it would lead to a lot of negative PR.

Guess I was thinking about Joe 6 pack who just wants to go to work and do his/her thing, not meddle in politics, take sides. Worse, be put in a tough position when he/she doesn't go along with a position the Union decided to take on behalf of the entire organization, without consultation. Maybe they did. Dunno.

IMO, active government employees should not get mixed up in over throwing the gov, nor be used as leverage and warm bodies by Union leaders who want to monkey around with this sort of thing.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.