Smelly House water

mmail2you

I get a slight smell from when I turn on my shower water but it does subside after a couple of minutes, I was wondering if I can add something to the water tank to add a better smell and something that will not harm my skin ?

Thanks Sirocco we have a overhead raindrop shower so maybe there is stagnate water in the pipe but I can not hang it down so I was looking for something like vanilla essence or some drops I can put in the water tank.

water stagnates in the shower pipe, the solution is not to hang up, but letting it hang down until next shower. With this heat, it smells like sewer.

What... never heard such rot. Granted, water stagnates, but not that quickly, otherwise my hose water would smell along with and taps in the house and the flushing toilet.

• Like 1

If it's the rotten egg smell, that could be hydrogen sulfide and which can appear to go away after a while but actually deadens the senses. If you have a tank, try putting in a cap full of bleach every day and should take care of the problem.

Are you on Government water or well water I would be surprised if the water left in your rain shower stagnated if used on a regular basis I suggest a little bleach or even chlorine into your holding tank should solve the problem . If the water is from a well then you should treat the water in the well in the same way

• Like 1

Been in Hua Hin, 3 years now (Same home) and our water has always had a slight smell and leaves a brown stain which i clean ( Scrub),monthly. One of the guys (who services the street, water machines), gave me a filter, which i retro-fitted to the shower. ( Couple of fittings and a tube of Araldite). It does help somewhat. But the smell is still there occasionally.