Mormons proselytizing in Thailand

turgid

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mormons that one who make mass married !

Cannot talk with there parents 1 or 2 time every year!

Tell them you cannot join also internet not allowed in there policy!

And then you cannot join Thai visa!

Knowledge is the biggest enemy of them!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Just politely say no thanks, and send them on their way. There is enough dickishness in the world without adding to it.

Pertaining to Thailand ... please define 'dickishness'.

Elephants_zpsb52ebc80.png

Well, i looked it up in my handy dandy TV dictionary and found a picture of David48 :)

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Their mission is to spread what they sincerely believe to be the truth, and if they have been at it more than a day they certainly know that only a small minority of people are at all receptive to what they have to say.

It's that small minority that they are after. They have nothing at all to gain by wasting their time with the rest.

They approach everyone initially because they don't know which ones will prove receptive until they try.

All one has to do is make it very clear you are not receptive and they will move on. Engaging them in conversation - even in the form of hostile questions -- doesn't convey that, however. Quite the opposite.

Again, really no different than the dynamics of dealing with salespeople.

Couldn't agree more with that.

Another example would be the spam email. Some people think it is clever to answer these obvious scams in the negative but this only proves to them that the email address is active. Then your problems begin.

Ignore is the word of the day...............wink.png

Knowledge is the biggest enemy of them!

+1. Well said.

Years ago after chasing away Mormon boys for no good reason, I got the Book of Mormon and read as much as I could stomach. When the Angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith, that was quite metaphysical. Since I'm somewhat of a metaphysician, I started talking metaphysics with them - they ran away quicker than shit every time. In one part it goes on about grandfathers having sex with their granddaughters. I asked that if I become a Mormon, will it be OK to have sex with my children and grandchildren? Guess they never got that far in their book.

• Like 2

The best solution I always found was tell them your Roman Catholic, even if your not and for some reason they run a mile...don't know why that is..rolleyes.gif

Apparently some Mormons think that the followers of the Popish religion are presided over by Satan, other don't think this.

Edited by Morakot

When I was a crazy kid before I was a crazy adult, I had this thing with my friends when approached by scientologists. We would start yelling really loud SCIENTOLOGISTS! and start running away as if being violently assaulted. Too bad we didn't have youtube back then.

I appreciate Mormons more since they didn't make a stink about the wonderful broadway comedy, The Book of Mormon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsQGJK6wjZo

Edited by Jingthing

The best solution I always found was tell them your Roman Catholic, even if your not and for some reason they run a mile...don't know why that is..rolleyes.gif

Apparently some Mormons think that the followers of the Popish religion are presided over by Satan, other don't think this.

Ah thanks for that learn something new every day....thumbsup.gif

It might explain why I was chased across a town center one time by a group of Mormon's wielding crucifixes', wooden stakes and garlic....laugh.png

Edited by Soutpeel

I see these guys all the time bothering people. As someone mentioned, I often see them approach young attractive women. Forgive me for assuming but from observing their behavior, they seem like frat boys that wear Mormon gear.

• Like 1