Next Election May Take Place '1-2 Years' From Now

Lite Beer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After the threats by the red shirt "Uncle Yim" on his FB page one might be forgiven for suggesting free and fair elections will be along long way away yet. This shows the lack of intellect being displayed by them. They yearn for elections, they will fight and die for elections, but they threaten the lives of opposition leaders in the same breath thus ensuring and proving that elections are not going to happen soon.

This is why elections may be 2 years away.

​Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

I think it is time to listen to the majority, even if you don't like it.

Elections as soon as possible is the answer.

fair elections or biased rigged threatening murderous elections like you usually advocate??? democracy can only happen without Shinawatras - FACE IT!!!!

Limiting who the people can vote for is not democracy. If the people are not allowed to vote for anybody who is associated with a certain family, then where do you stop?

• Like 1

Awesome. Military runs the country with martial law for the next 2 years.

Bad for Thais. Good for foreigners. The Thai Baht will fall and fall and we'll all have more money every week.

Is your reasoner broken?

With a interim non partisan PM and a committee working on a reform that is acceptable to all sides the economy will start rebuilding. Except in the domestic auto where they flooded the country with cheap prices on new cars. Many of them coming up for sale on the used car market because the owners really could not afford them what with the rapid escalation of the cost of living.

It may well take more than two years to root out all the corruption associated with the multi-billion baht scams PTP foisted on the country. And that should be part of the process of a fair election--full knowledge before the election of where the money went, who got it, and who accepted payoffs and bribes.

Would you apply that to only the most recent government or the one before also? Im thinking in particular the billions of baht Suthep stole with his Palm Oil antics?

Grow up that was years ago and you have no proof just rumors.

Let me personally invite you into the year 2014.

10-20 years in Thai time. sad.png

They have beaten democracy - 1 person, 1 vote. sad.png

You have absolutely no clue as to what democracy is do you.

In a democracy you are free to vote for the man you think is best for the job not the one who paid the most or the headman told you to vote for. I suppose you would consider North Korea a democracy. They have a one man one vote system. You seem to think that is all that is required for a democracy.

In a Democracy you don't have to worry about the ballot box being tampered with there are precautions taken to stop that.

• Like 2

Hopefully for the people of Thailand this will result in some serious sanctions. How anyone can think this is not a coup is beyond reason.

What would you say if the army took over like this in your own countries?

You want serious sanctions on Thailand. And you think that will help! Jeeze!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I find it amazing that the pro government side here on TV do not seem to want to give these talks the time and the chance they need to achieve an agreement in this fractional political landscape .. all you seem to be able to do is bleat "election " " election "

Well I didn't work before BECAUSE there was no dialogue .. now there is give it a <deleted> chance!

If in a weeks time Prayuth is PM and it's all gone to shit I will be right with ya shouting that its a coup and wrong .. but for now it seems to be going ok.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is a silver lining to every catastrophe. For Thailand's neighbors - that is, and not for Thailand.

Well Thaksin is in pretty tight with Cambodia.

​Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

So typical of the one size fits all mentality shown by the self chosen ones.

Training a mongrel dog pack (that attacks one monk) to sit and roll takes years...

I mean where do you get this from, is there a facebook page for PDRC bile or something?[/background]

It is known as common sense. How many years have the red shirts

been united and they still can't do it. Of course if you are

going to use the argument they are to stupid to learn I won't argue with you.

Edited by northernjohn

It may well take more than two years to root out all the corruption associated with the multi-billion baht scams PTP foisted on the country. And that should be part of the process of a fair election--full knowledge before the election of where the money went, who got it, and who accepted payoffs and bribes.

Well, its not corruption they are waiting for to be rooted out or in.

No elections, no democracy. No democracy, no foreign investment. No foreign investment, no economic stability. No economic stability, foreign investment goes to other ASEAN nations that leave Thailand in the dust.

Red shirt fights yellow shirt for the benefit of the uurich businessmen wearing the white shirts.

It is a coup! I hope US and other embassies seems it that way asap. You can also send e-mail to your emabassy/consulate to say you support democracy and Thai constitution (which clearly tells to have an election asap). I pitty those brave some 30 million people who voted and will vote in an election(s). Everybody should also know that vote buying has been a long tradition in Thai politics just made "know" during Thaksin period. Corruption done by Suthep (who is considered not that wealthy just owning few billions) is much much worse than T. did. The problem/challenge is between Siam and Thailand as a whole. finally last time military picked the government, it was the most corrupted government in decades in Thailand

Which government was that then?

Why don't you all actually give the talks a chance?

Surayud Chulanont (ex General). Of course I give talks a change, but if election timetable is set to 1-2 years, it is not anything called fair nor even constitutional. And who is really leading the talks. Army. They have done this before. Before the fall of 2008 government (thaksin siblings), army pressured the small parties go against government and that is how dems came in power. Note dems have not won any election in more than 20 years. That is even beyond Thaksin. The big questions is why. I think Oxford educated false promises are not taken seriously in N and NE. Dems promised to reform the party,open it up to "the others" as well...they did not manage to do it. And now they want reform ... Suthep is not one of them of course. He is the one who does the dirty job for the party. I am sad that so many of us thinks BP as a bible. That "independent" newspaper is funded by the third rich family in Thailand and known supporter of PDRC etc. Thaksin is only 10 th rich.
  • Like 1

People who believe that a benevolent military dictator will set the country right on track to prosperity should study a little bit of modern Thai history, preferably from a source that isn't restricted by anti-free-speech laws. What's happening now is not some novel solution to a unique political crisis. Similar things have happened many many times before, enough to conclude that dictatorship doesn't solve anything.

Correct, a dictatorship solves nothing.

Remind me which direction the country was heading in?

Right... We all know that military governments are great at rooting out corruption. Just look how clean Burma was with the military in charge.

It is a coup! I hope US and other embassies seems it that way asap. You can also send e-mail to your emabassy/consulate to say you support democracy and Thai constitution (which clearly tells to have an election asap). I pitty those brave some 30 million people who voted and will vote in an election(s). Everybody should also know that vote buying has been a long tradition in Thai politics just made "know" during Thaksin period. Corruption done by Suthep (who is considered not that wealthy just owning few billions) is much much worse than T. did. The problem/challenge is between Siam and Thailand as a whole. finally last time military picked the government, it was the most corrupted government in decades in Thailand

Which government was that then?

Why don't you all actually give the talks a chance?

Surayud Chulanont (ex General). Of course I give talks a change, but if election timetable is set to 1-2 years, it is not anything called fair nor even constitutional. And who is really leading the talks. Army. They have done this before. Before the fall of 2008 government (thaksin siblings), army pressured the small parties go against government and that is how dems came in power. Note dems have not won any election in more than 20 years. That is even beyond Thaksin. The big questions is why. I think Oxford educated false promises are not taken seriously in N and NE. Dems promised to reform the party,open it up to "the others" as well...they did not manage to do it. And now they want reform ... Suthep is not one of them of course. He is the one who does the dirty job for the party. I am sad that so many of us thinks BP as a bible. That "independent" newspaper is funded by the third rich family in Thailand and known supporter of PDRC etc. Thaksin is only 10 th rich.

"US says no coup in Thailand"

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/727795-us-says-no-coup-in-thailand/

This guy says so that an election can take place in an orderly and peaceful manner. Presumably, the Thai army can assure that right away.

Second he says so that "and" a universally accepted government can be formed.

That's out of whack. The election "is" the universally accepted government.

Once they start start to distinguish that there is a difference between these two - that gets back to the old problem that it is not the voice of the people. (all Thais, rich or poor, dark or light, buddhist or muslim, property owner, or shack dweller, land owner or ordinary farmer.

• Like 1

People who believe that a benevolent military dictator will set the country right on track to prosperity should study a little bit of modern Thai history, preferably from a source that isn't restricted by anti-free-speech laws. What's happening now is not some novel solution to a unique political crisis. Similar things have happened many many times before, enough to conclude that dictatorship doesn't solve anything.

Correct, a dictatorship solves nothing.

Remind me which direction the country was heading in?

I hope the direction is not Cambodia or Cuba.

Name the last military dictator. Also how they over threw him.

Also what makes you think they are going to have a dictatorship.

I know they all ready have one but I am talking about a military one.

Maybe in stead of studying history you should be paying attention

to it as it is being made.