31 dead in attack in China's Xinjiang: Xinhua

webfact

31 dead in attack in China's Xinjiang: Xinhua

BEIJING - At least 31 people were killed and more than 90 injured Thursday when two vehicles ploughed into a market and explosives were thrown in China's restive Xinjiang region, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

Two off-road vehicles drove into a crowd in the regional capital Urumqi, with one of them exploding, Xinhua said, in what state-run media called the latest "serious terrorist incident" to hit Xinjiang, home to mostly Muslim Uighurs.
AFP

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-05-22

Several dead in China blast

BEIJING - Several people were killed and injured when two vehicles ploughed into a market and explosives were thrown in China's restive Xinjiang region, home to mostly Muslim Uighurs, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

Two off-road vehicles drove into people at the market in the regional capital Urumqi, with one of them exploding, Xinhua said, the latest apparent violent incident in the far western region.

Pictures posted on Weibo, a Chinese equivalent of Twitter, showed victims lying in a tree-lined street, as others sat on flimsy stools.

Flames rose in the background, while other images showed smoke billowing over market stalls behind a police roadblock. None of the photographs could immediately be verified.

Full story: http://www.enca.com/several-dead-china-blast

-- eNCA 2014-05-22

what's the purpose of killing and wounding villagers. selling their crops on the market. Most likely those will be muslims as well, so alienating them from the terrorists political cause

There has been a few of these incidents lately in China, The targets unfortunately are just regular people very sad .

Interesting that the official news sources are reporting such events more often these days.

Once again this is America and Israel fault wait a minute this happen in the People's Republic of China I do not understand this I taught China was a great fair country with no problems I now think the problems are all the same when their are Muslims

Yeah. Like all the Muslim insurgents in Vietnam who killed about 20 people recently in violence against Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese businesses.

What's that? You say Vietnam isn't Muslim? And they weren't Muslim insurgents? Yet a bunch of people were killed in violence? And it's happening in Mexico, Peru and Colombia where there aren't any Muslims involved?

Step away from the Kool-Aid you're being fed to perpetuate military actions to protect us from the Muslim Menace. At least until the Communist menace pops its head back up, so we can spend our military money on them.

Once again this is America and Israel fault wait a minute this happen in the People's Republic of China I do not understand this I taught China was a great fair country with no problems I now think the problems are all the same when their are Muslims

Yeah. Like all the Muslim insurgents in Vietnam who killed about 20 people recently in violence against Chinese, Korean and Taiwanese businesses.

What's that? You say Vietnam isn't Muslim? And they weren't Muslim insurgents? Yet a bunch of people were killed in violence? And it's happening in Mexico, Peru and Colombia where there aren't any Muslims involved?

Step away from the Kool-Aid you're being fed to perpetuate military actions to protect us from the Muslim Menace. At least until the Communist menace pops its head back up, so we can spend our military money on them.

Thank you for explaining how their is Muslim in the world as long as you are a Muslim

There has been a few of these incidents lately in China, The targets unfortunately are just regular people very sad .

Interesting that the official news sources are reporting such events more often these days.

Much harder to cover up these days, so might as well control the story.

Also, going public means it is easier to justify when they want to take stern counter-action.

I could never become Muslim...I do not have the stomach...for killing and maiming...innocent people...

Well, most Muslims actually do nothing of the sort, so shouldn't bother you all that much in case you were considering the move. I would probably find diet regulation, alcohol consumption and social conduct codes more of an issue. But that too, depends a lot on which country one is living in.

They are reporting it more often but PC says they won't use the term "Muslim Terrorists"

Just garden variety "insurgents"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm not sure it's just PC, maybe more a reluctance to fully admit they have an issue with religion within the PRC.

Saying "insurgents" makes motives vague and can be better presented to the media, calling them "Muslim terrorists"

amounts to saying means the Party got something wrong.

Seems like China doesn't have an issue with religion...Xinjiang has a problem with being governed by the PRC, and understandably so. But there's an unmistakable parallel with all these Muslim insurgencies in Thailand/Phillippines/China/India/elsewhere, they respond to 21st century problems in a barbaric and backwards way. Hope they crack down on these ****** and hopefully they will target actual bad guys, not innocent people.

I seem to recall another thread running about over 100 people blown to smithereens in Nigeria by Muslim extremists.

But many times the PC media omit the word muslim.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by snarky66