Dr Weng denies UDD owns the illegal war weapons

webfact

Where's Moonao, Prbkk and Dr Bruce.....noticed by their absence of comments smile.png

Some of these people have hinted that they are at the Red rally site on Utthayan. I know OldBlueCodger and WandaSloan had said they were posting from the rally. Anybody caught up in something like that might find their life complicated, now.

So he is no better at lying than he is being a leader. Hope he receives what he dishes out on others.

Old comrades of Dr. Weng are telling stories about him and Tida when they were "fighting" (well the others were fighting) in the forest.

Dr. Weng wasn't exactly a Castro or Guevara leading from the front laugh.png

Even than he disliked war weapons....and preferred to let the others fight laugh.png

Dr. weng was in Vietnam for a while in the 60's or 70's learning the trade of obfuscation, lies, propaganda and indoctrination. Communists like to have a two pronged approach. The visible vocal one and the (nearly) invisible violent one. Of course the left hand is supposed to be able to (almost) honestly say not to know what the other hand is up to, assuming they admit to have another hand that is.

Ahhh... the elusive third hand.

"He also said that the two UDD identity cards found at an apartment room in Samut Sakhons Krathumban district where a sizeable firearms were seized were a plant to defame the UDD and to paint red-shirt followers in a negative light for stocking up illegal weapons."

Yeah right.

It's not as if they need the help.

you know I always trusted what the red shirts say-----NOT

Not saying the weapons found do not belong to the UDD, and not in the habit of taking Weng too seriously or at face value.

That said, a lot of people supporting the PDRC (or just anti-government), were quite suspicious of the police finding bombs

and such after the protestors left Lumpini Park. So did I. It was said that finding an ID with the stash was virtually the same as

police admitting they planted evidence.

Somehow it seems more reasonable when it happens to someone from the opposing team, eh?

The police finding weapons after demonstrations is kinda corny, but the Army finding weapons just about the time it makes

a move is also a cliche.

Where are the 2 RS's in question?

Me thinks they have some answers :)

Considering the nature of the attacks using exactly the type of weapons found here, I hope they're found and that the truth will come out, it's about time.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not saying the weapons found do not belong to the UDD, and not in the habit of taking Weng too seriously or at face value.

That said, a lot of people supporting the PDRC (or just anti-government), were quite suspicious of the police finding bombs

and such after the protestors left Lumpini Park. So did I. It was said that finding an ID with the stash was virtually the same as

Somehow it seems more reasonable when it happens to someone from the opposing team, eh?

The police finding weapons after demonstrations is kinda corny, but the Army finding weapons just about the time it makes

a move is also a cliche.

There is a difference between the police finding bombs in a bag that was "left behind" and the police finding bombs in an apartment where they have arrested someone.

... sent from my phone.

• Like 2

a move is also a cliche.

There is a difference between the police finding bombs in a bag that was "left behind" and the police finding bombs in an apartment where they have arrested someone.

... sent from my phone.

Well, they arrested the Popcorn guy quite quickly. The following farce of a press conference was noted as dubious by many

here (myself included). I agree that while tasking their limits, producing a suspect is something that lies within their capability.

Does not necessarily mean they consistently get the right guy.

My point is not that the weapons aren't real, just that the manner and timing of the exposure is something we've seen before,

no matter which side is involved. So....they just found about all these weapon caches the last few days? Really?

a move is also a cliche.

... sent from my phone.

Well, they arrested the Popcorn guy quite quickly. The following farce of a press conference was noted as dubious by many

here (myself included). I agree that while tasking their limits, producing a suspect is something that lies within their capability.

My point is not that the weapons aren't real, just that the manner and timing of the exposure is something we've seen before,

no matter which side is involved. So....they just found about all these weapon caches the last few days? Really?

Did anyone say they just found out about the cache? The police may have known about it for a while. The difference is that the army became involved and decided to actually do something.

a move is also a cliche.

... sent from my phone.

Did anyone say they just found out about the cache? The police may have known about it for a while. The difference is that the army became involved and decided to actually do something.

I seriously doubt the Army had no completely at the dark concerning these matters. In my opinion, the timing of their

involvement is more to do politics than with security concerns. No issues with taking any weapons off the streets, though,

the more they confiscate the better.

At the same time it can be acknowledged that these actions also have PR value, and that responses of posters on this

forum can sometimes be motivated solely by adopted color. If the very same story was to appear in connection with,

say, the PDRC - the very same posters would most probably smell something suspicious about it.

a move is also a cliche.

... sent from my phone.

I seriously doubt the Army had no completely at the dark concerning these matters. In my opinion, the timing of their

involvement is more to do politics than with security concerns. No issues with taking any weapons off the streets, though,

the more they confiscate the better.

At the same time it can be acknowledged that these actions also have PR value, and that responses of posters on this

forum can sometimes be motivated solely by adopted color. If the very same story was to appear in connection with,

say, the PDRC - the very same posters would most probably smell something suspicious about it.

The timing of the matter is that the army took control and did something. Before martial law was called, they couldn't.

... sent from my phone.

<snip - got too messy>

The timing of the matter is that the army took control and did something. Before martial law was called, they couldn't.

... sent from my phone.

If the Army had previous knowledge of these arms caches and yet went along with the police not lifting a finger,

that doesn't reflect good on either.

The same Army had no issues with all but threatening the police, when the latter planned to have a go at the PDRC.

The same Army that wasn't keen on pulling out soldiers when the PM requested it.

I daresay, if this was deemed a major threat to national security, they would have either done something earlier or

press the police into taking action.

• Like 1

" He suggested that fingerprints on the two ID cards should be examined whether they match with any of the UDD members "

Good idea.. no just line up ALL the UDD members so their finger prints can be taken .. Dr Weng said it was ok!

PS : note that Samut Sakhons Krathumban district is about 15 kms from the Red rally site.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does he have a list of members, perhaps a record of membership fees paid, even a voting record for UDD decisions? Do these things exist, or is the Democracy part of the name a facade for a group of mercenary propagandists?

You seem to be missing the point.. Which is a pretty simple one..

They are ID cards.. He means check to see if the persons named on the ID cards, are really handling them. Not 'every UDD member' but the ones allegedly holding / owning these 2 IDs.

" He suggested that fingerprints on the two ID cards should be examined whether they match with any of the UDD members "

Good idea.. no just line up ALL the UDD members so their finger prints can be taken .. Dr Weng said it was ok!

PS : note that Samut Sakhons Krathumban district is about 15 kms from the Red rally site.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Does he have a list of members, perhaps a record of membership fees paid, even a voting record for UDD decisions? Do these things exist, or is the Democracy part of the name a facade for a group of mercenary propagandists?

You seem to be missing the point.. Which is a pretty simple one..

They are ID cards.. He means check to see if the persons named on the ID cards, are really handling them. Not 'every UDD member' but the ones allegedly holding / owning these 2 IDs.

Pretty simple, but wrong. The phrase used was "with any of the UDD members " which is certainly not exclusive to those named on the IDs. The cards may not yet been issued to, or received by, those named, but fingerprints of other UDD members would lend credence to their genuineness.

More to the point, IMHO the UDD is a sham of a democratic organisation taking its orders from an autocratic criminal with no real input from "members".

Dr. weng was in Vietnam for a while in the 60's or 70's learning the trade of obfuscation, lies, propaganda and indoctrination. Communists like to have a two pronged approach. The visible vocal one and the (nearly) invisible violent one. Of course the left hand is supposed to be able to (almost) honestly say not to know what the other hand is up to, assuming they admit to have another hand that is.

And yet that comparatively much much smaller country were able to see off the obfuscation free, truthful. propagandaless non indoctrinated US it's army. Way to go coffee1.gif

Edited by jpeg

... sent from my phone.

If the Army had previous knowledge of these arms caches and yet went along with the police not lifting a finger,

The same Army had no issues with all but threatening the police, when the latter planned to have a go at the PDRC.

The same Army that wasn't keen on pulling out soldiers when the PM requested it.

I daresay, if this was deemed a major threat to national security, they would have either done something earlier or

Before martial law was called, the army wasn't in a position to raid people's houses.

... sent from my phone.

• Like 1

... sent from my phone.

Before martial law was called, the army wasn't in a position to raid people's houses.

... sent from my phone.

Well, we're pretty much going around in circles here, so might as well agree do disagree.

I think that in Thailand the army is in a position to do whatever it wants, or pressure others to do it.

The army do not have a particular history of being more or less truthful and honest about things,

nor does it uphold transparency or, obviously, refrain from meddling in domestic affairs.