Thai army chief announces military coup

webfact

CNA reporting that the military is saying airport travel will be allowed -- but no explanation of how transport is supposed to be arranged.

RT@travelfish: THAI Airways advising pax to and from airport to carry proof of flight to show to military should you be stopped.

RT@annnation_nt : #SuvarnabhumiAirport operates as normal, should check in advance. Call Centre 1722 suvarnabhumiairport.com/th/news #ThaiCoup

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

song, "where have all the (PTP) flowers gone, long time passing" alt=thumbsup.gif>

How's things in that parallel universe you inhabit? Sky got pink spots?

This is about pulling them all into line. Prayuth famously dislikes Suthep intensely. Although maybe not in your part of the cosmos ....

Suthep already showed he was willing to compromise when he aligned with the Senate.

However, Thaksin did say today that PTP & UDD would not compromise, and instead fight to the finish.

• Like 2

I must say that they planned out the coup pretty nicely. It would be difficult for them to side with Suthep and his thugs directly. Wait for the tension to grow more and more. Here come the army heroes to save the day. The people were grateful. In the end the elites are still the winners.

Of those, all the Thai channels and some of the international channels are gone... except for periodic Army announcements.

Cheers for the clarification John mate. I thought they'd really scraped the bottom of the barrel ( if that was humanly possible) with the latest lakorn " Serious Army Bloke Reading Stuff". Not a tood, midget, fat Isaan housekeeper, screaming harpy or house with decor that Liberace would consider "tacky" in sight.

• Like 1

Anybody think this will effect my swampi international flight out of Thailand tomorrow morning?

No, but you might find your seat taken by a Shinawatra or two..

Let us hope that the airport official refuse to handle any shinawatra's trying to slip out of the country, especially with bags loaded with other people property.

• Like 2

THe Army just announced scrapping the Constitution Channel News Asia I guess they will not even reference it now all bets are off.. Fast and Furious Forty are writing their Hineys off

Standard operating procedure. Any and all coups automatically terminate the standing constitution. Don't read too much into that.

So who wants to buy my condo now ?

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you have one for sale at the right price IP me

I'm interested

with the army on the streets I feel much safer

and yes I was here for the last one

the only problem then was they gave the red shirts to much rope

will not happen again

All True channels just switched to military broadcast except, bizarrely BBC world news

Edit: Oops. spoke too soon. It's gone now as well.

Edit Edit: Seems rather random blocking going on. Some there others not. They seem to be blocking them in some sort of random pattern, no order to it.

Radio stream still seems to be working though

Edited by Bluespunk

THe Army just announced scrapping the Constitution Channel News Asia I guess they will not even reference it now all bets are off.. Fast and Furious Forty are writing their Hineys off

Standard operating procedure. Any and all coups automatically terminate the standing constitution. Don't read too much into that.

Spot on... just reporting what I see... and hear Channel News Asia is still on the air :)

It's only just begun the baht will nose dive the economy will be in crisis the tourists will go elsewhere what a sad day for Thailand .

The Army promised not to get involved another broken promise my heart goes out to those who thought they had voted for a Government to bring stability to there country sadly were back to where we started in 2006 with the Army taking control . One step forward 10 steps back same same nothing changes !!

Have you ever though that last time they thought the could trust the PTP and Thaskin

This time they have been show they can not, so reform must be put in place to stop this happening again

Please explain to me how can a government be truely democtratic when all the people who are charged with treason become members of parliment

How can a governemt been democratic when all a criminal needs to do is be on the government benches and the law can not touch him as long as parliment is sitting

I will wait for you answers with interest

What in Thailand's long history would ever lead anyone to believe that democracy will work in Thailand? You get the government you deserve!

CNA reporting that the military is saying airport travel will be allowed -- but no explanation of how transport is supposed to be arranged.

RT@travelfish: THAI Airways advising pax to and from airport to carry proof of flight to show to military should you be stopped.

RT@annnation_nt : #SuvarnabhumiAirport operates as normal, should check in advance. Call Centre 1722 suvarnabhumiairport.com/th/news #ThaiCoup

The question is

If there is a curfew and the trains stop at 9pm

what about tourist who arrive on late international flights

Those with 'valid' reasons to be on the way to the airport [or work for Thais] are permitted to do so.

Just make sure you/taxi/limo does not try to avoid stopping any road check point; army or police or they will stop you forcibly.

Also for those who are keen to venture out as normal and will return home after curfew IF you are stopped please keep your attitude in check.