Thai army orders all radio, TV to suspend programming

webfact

Thai army orders all radio, TV to suspend programming

BANGKOK, May 22, 2014 (AFP) - Thailand's military on Thursday ordered all television and radio stations to suspend their usual programmes and show only the army's broadcasts in the wake of a coup.

The step was taken to ensure the release of "accurate news to the people," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.

All television channels in the Southeast Asian kingdom including foreign broadcasters such as CNN, BBC, and CNBC ran a constant military feed featuring a succession of brief announcements related to the government takeover.

Between the bulletins, a static screen was shown depicting the emblems of the various branches of Thailand's armed forces, as patriotic Thai songs played.

Army chief General Prayut Chan-O-Cha made the announcement in a televised address to the nation, saying the powerful armed forces had to act to restore stability after nearly seven months of political rallies in the capital Bangkok.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-05-22

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If i was a red shirt leader i would be heading very fast across the border, its clear the military and going to enforce its will and no one is going to be allowed to challenge it, the night of the long knives, lets see who left after the media blackout is lifted.

• Like 2

'The step was taken to ensure the release of "accurate news to the people," an army spokesman said in a televised announcement.'

Well that's ok then.

I THINK we need a membership number count before 10pm 5555555 cheesy.gif

and tomorrow morning a new one at 6am? wai.gifclap2.gif

Those who are not here, were either out with little girls or didn't give a shit.... or both.. thumbsup.gif