Acting Thai Senate President ready to nominate a neutral PM

webfact

Acting Senate President ready to nominate a neutral PM

PNPOL570523001000501_23052014_120340.jpg

BANGKOK, 23 May 2014 (NNT) - Acting Senate President Surachai Liengboonlertchai, who is also the First Vice-President of the Senate, has instructed every senator to make preparations for the appointment of a new government following the Army’s decision to enforce a coup’d’etat on May 22nd.

Mr. Surachai said that the National Peace and Order Maintaining Council (NPOMC) chaired by General Prayuth Chan-ocha has allowed the Senate to remain in power and has requested the Senate to perform its duties as usual.

He stated that the Senate would uphold the military’s request and proceed with the task of appointing of a neutral prime minister as well as a Cabinet after order has been restored throughout the country.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-05-23 footer_n.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems the red supporters dont like the idea of a neutral appointed head of state, they want thaksin to keep pulling the strings.

A neutral PM will make the framework for free and fair elections and this is feared.

Think Mr. T spend billions on vote buying than half his MPs go into jail. Than the elections must be repeated and he doesn't win.

Billions lost and no way to recover them with corruption.

• Like 1

Well, what a surprise. A junta allows unelected senators to choose a "neutral" PM. What a farce.

Do you seriously think this is a time for elections? Do you want the same crooks running the country? Without a PM the country can not function properly. So even a unelected one should be welcome until elections can be held and the constitution change so crooks like the PRDC and DEMS have can not control everything. In this case i beleive someone nuetral is better that just the army giving orders

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Further More Australia is "gravely concerned" about Thai coup.

Thailand has equaled Australia's impressive performance of 3 Prime Ministers in as many months established in 2013.

It's a neck and neck race for the fourth PM After Thailand defeating Australia in the volley ball this week Australia is gravely concerned

about Thailand appointing it's next PM before Australia and thus taking the lead.

However PM Abbott is within a wink of the lead and maybe ousted by his party very soon after numerous corruption scandals and a disastrous

budget. Abbott has firmed in the betting today after Thailand's new PM arrested all opposition.

Thailand and Australia are even in the betting after Surachai's announcement.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Further More Australia is "gravely concerned" about Thai coup.

Thailand has equaled Australia's impressive performance of 3 Prime Ministers in as many months established in 2013.

It's a neck and neck race for the fourth PM After Thailand defeating Australia in the volley ball this week Australia is gravely concerned

about Thailand appointing it's next PM before Australia and thus taking the lead.

However PM Abbott is within a wink of the lead and maybe ousted by his party very soon after numerous corruption scandals and a disastrous

budget. Abbott has firmed in the betting today after Thailand's new PM arrested all opposition.

Thailand and Australia are even in the betting after Surachai's announcement.

However the military was not involved in Australian politics in any way , therein lies the problem here , much better reforms on its way

I am not surprised a bit. It was planned out by many groups including military, EC, Charter Court, Suthep and Big P. They escalated the atmosphere in Bangkok, so the army could step in and take control. It sure makes the army look like hero. The government has only the poor people with no power.

Thaksin and his people cannot win with the power struggle. I suggest that he focuses on an economic battle. Shift the businesses out of Bangkok.

Edited by stickyrice2000

Senate Speaker: "Esteemed colleagues. After due consideration I wish to nominate Mickey Mouse as neutral Prime Minister. The cabinet will include Bugs Bunny as Labor Minister, Yosemite Sam as Finance minister, Donald Duck as Interior Minister and Minnie Mouse as Deputy Prime Minister."

Mutterings in the gallery include "Can't be worse than the last lot", "About time we had a real government", "Brilliant, since Minnie and Mickey divorced, no nepotism there", "The good old days are here again," and "Now the lower class will really have a voice."

Senate Speaker: "I call for a vote and second the motion. The ayes have it, with none opposed."

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 2

Well, what a surprise. A junta allows unelected senators to choose a "neutral" PM. What a farce.

Do you seriously think this is a time for elections? Do you want the same crooks running the country? Without a PM the country can not function properly. So even a unelected one should be welcome until elections can be held and the constitution change so crooks like the PRDC and DEMS have can not control everything. In this case i beleive someone nuetral is better that just the army giving orders

And do you seriously believe that such a PM would be neutral, keeping in mind Dr Seri's announcement in Chicago that evething will be ok because the acting speaker is "on our side" ?:. You can't be that naiive

Are you that niiave to think the Army would coup and just hand a PM to be in charge and let all this sh--happen again so fast. Besides, name an instance where the PTP or DEM were nuetral and i will show you how they started it being nuetral but ended up showing they were not and only self serving

Hopefully in the not too distant future, Thailand can have a leader that loves Thailand and it's people, who's fair hand plays a fair hand to all, and that the only thing on the agenda is Thailand's growth and stability. Do not say it is impossible. It just needs a leader to show the way, have true belief and compassion, and a true desire to see Thailand prosper. Not prosper for his or her own gain, but for the whole country and its people to prosper, and gain the respect of the international community as a whole. The next steps taken are of the highest importance for Thailand in the eyes of the world, and for the good of the country. A proud nation does not want to be the laughing stock of the global community. Now is the time someone may just stand up and do it. wai.gif

• Like 1

From the BBC just now "Military leader General Prayuth Chan-Ocha - who has appointed himself the new prime minister - said troops were taking power "in order for the country to return to normal quickly"".

Can anyone confirm this or is just Jonathan Head off on his normal tangent i.e., not letting the truth to stand in the way of a good story. Maybe the BBC is just re-cycling news.
  • Like 1

And do you seriously believe that such a PM would be neutral, keeping in mind Dr Seri's announcement in Chicago that evething will be ok because the acting speaker is "on our side" ?:. You can't be that naiive

Neutral doesn't mean neutral to corruption. Neutral means not having an own agenda

seems the red supporters dont like the idea of a neutral appointed head of state, they want thaksin to keep pulling the strings.

A neutral PM will make the framework for free and fair elections and this is feared.

Think Mr. T spend billions on vote buying than half his MPs go into jail. Than the elections must be repeated and he doesn't win.

Billions lost and no way to recover them with corruption.

if you honestly think Thaksin is out of pocket in any way shape or form you are in for a shock

In my opinion it will be disclosed that the billions or perhaps even into the trillion mark that is suspected to have been extorted from the Thai people by this PTP/Yhakisn administration will have been used to primarily pay Thaksin - he in turn will have been paying red leaders up to a million baht a month for their bought support who in turn spread out a supplied Thaksin fund to the rest at varying rates dependant on rank and stature, other funds also made available to government officials MP's - heads of state agencies etc - I guess the list is huge but so was the amount suspected of being stolen

yes but he is known for being extreme greedy. Cheating people for a few xx.000 Baht if he don't need them anymore. Loosing billions even if he has trillions will break his heart.