Protests Against Coup Continue in Bangkok

Lite Beer

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They also insult the people, because they chose to seize power instead of letting politics solve the problem"

Where has Sirawit Serithiwat been the last six months ?

Apparently with his head berried deep, deep, in something. Sand and or asses would be my guess.

• Like 1

No one knows yet what General Prayuth's real intentions are. He has good reason to worry about resistance. The pro-government Red-Shirt movement is far better organised than eight years ago, and could still be financed by former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra's deep pockets.
Johnathan Head on the bbc website.

Seems to be rather a change of heart from him.

I am happy the Army showed sense here,this could easily have gone the other way and a massacre ensued,generally once the first shot is fired everyone else starts shooting,let's just hope that that does not happen,credit to the Officers in charge for showing initiative and not letting their men unload.

I was just walking by there on my way home. Yeah, the soldiers were showing much restraint, they were standing off to the side out of view bc if anyone of them did come into view it just provoked the protesters. Another truck of 5 or 10 showed up and they too went to the side. I've seen some pictures on twitter since I came home and the soldiers are in the street now. Its dark too, lets hope the protesters go home and call it a day.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bloody hell, another new acronym. Thailand, the HUB of ACRONYMS. alt=facepalm.gif>

I've always wondered about these acronyms. Why do Thai's use English acronyms. Or is it just English newspapers that make them up when translating the Thai name ?

The Army should confiscate their iPhones then they would all start crying.

yep, probably right there. What I find annoying, is that often around the world, students get involved, and everything turns into a mess! They have no understanding of where democracy comes from or what it should be. Why can't they sit, watch, and learn from it. But no, these days it looks cool to be a rebel when you are a teenager.

Why can't they sit, watch, and learn from it. But no, these days it looks cool to be a rebel when you are a teenager.

Plus most of them have watched Les Miserables. How noble the student rebels! (Can't you hear the people singing?)
  • Like 1

I am happy the Army showed sense here,this could easily have gone the other way and a massacre ensued,generally once the first shot is fired everyone else starts shooting,let's just hope that that does not happen,credit to the Officers in charge for showing initiative and not letting their men unload.

It was just a cheap shot trying to create another Tammasart University Massacre. They were massacred then because they were communists and Thailand was involved in the war with communist Vietnam. Thaksin is still out there pulling strings. The head needs to be removed before the beast will die.

Some people just shouldn't be let near a computer. Have you any idea what you are talking about?

• Like 2