Protests Against Coup Continue in Bangkok

Lite Beer

The issue here is the long term intentions of Prayuth - if his intentions are to seize power and keep it under some sort of military dictatorship then I'm all for these people protesting - but ask yourself - do you honestly believe that is his intention ?

No he wont keep power personally, but he will do all he can to see revisions to the systems so that his cronies, backers and their interests gain as much power as possible..

If you dont think that is the very essence of what is at play here you really dont know much about how thailand works.

He will keep power personally. Tis you who don't know the system. Check the past coups for verification.

Your claiming he is going to maintain a dictatorship under his command.. With no elections ever.. Holding control by force of military might.. Nonsense.

I wouldnt be surprised if elections are 18 months or even 2 years out, but a roadmap towards them will be made, giving them enough time to try to rerig the judiciary and parliamentary seats to push as much power away from Red areas as they can.

Its a power grab as the old guard try to hold on and protect their vested interests. They want to get back to the trough and reward their own backers.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And while the protestors protest the PDRC leaders are all smiles just before they face their insurrection charges.

I wonder what their punishment will be.

Insurrection is a violent uprising against an authority or government.

It's going to be tough to prove the peaceful protesters were violent.

And now that the military has stepped in, it's going to be tough to prove that PDRC wasn't right for protesting.

Might be better to wait for a conviction before contemplating any penalties.

Just more vacuous charges by the DSI & CAPO who are really the ones most deserving of investigation.

Edited by Piichai
  • Like 2

I wish they had protested against the gross perversion of Democracy unde PTP, then they had a chance to... well, being ignored by the government; now it's a bit late, the horse has bolted.

They should spend their time trying to reform Thailand's political system that has once again failed miserably, you start that by educating the people (NOT indoctrinating like the UDD does), specially in the point that Democracy is not just a right, it's a responsibility.

And while the protestors protest the PDRC leaders are all smiles just before they face their insurrection charges.

Insurrection is a violent uprising against an authority or government.

It's going to be tough to prove the peaceful protesters were violent.

And now that the military has stepped in, it's going to be tough to prove that PDRC wasn't right for protesting.

Might be better to wait for a conviction before contemplating any penalties.

Just more vacuous charges by the DSI & CAPO who are really the ones most deserving of investigation.

And his majesty has just endorsed the coup as well.

I don't disagree with you at all. I personally think him and the co leaders will all get off. After all they wanted to restore democracy…….Peacefully as you say.

Thai King Endorses Coup as Junta Seeks to Boost Economic Growth -

Edited by djjamie

They have yet to be convicted - don't forget the source of these charges - our good friend Tarit and Charlerm - where are they now cheesy.gif

They have yet to be convicted - don't forget the source of these charges - our good friend Tarit and Charlerm - where are they now cheesy.gif

One is hopefully getting the beating he deserves, and one is having an alcoholic seizure from several day without the sauce in an army camp.