george

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BREAKING:

General Prayuth replaces police chief, DSI chief, and defence permanent secretary, dissolves the Senate and takes over parliamentary authority.

These people who come from Western democracies but are happy with the military coup and its repression are the biggest hypocrites of all.

Does the fact of where you were born make any difference? That's only coincidental.

Wow, he really is dismantling the house of cards. I hope that his intentions are as they appear to be on the surface,, hose out the stables, clean house and start again. A lot of people were thinking this is what Thailand needed, especially considering the rampant (alleged) corruption and a complete disregard for the law.

But, I can't help feeling that this is not right and that there is something else to this, don't know what it is but it feels like thin ice right now. I guess time will tell if his motives are true and if the country has a fresh start with new elections after extensive reform.

Lets all pray it doesn't escalate whatever happens and that civil war is avoided at all costs.

• Like 1

What option has this General got. if he goes this way or that way, he is going to have people that will not agree, BUT as I say what option has he got after the last 8 years we have all had here in Thailand. Reds don't want,,, Yellow don't want,,,, Lets see how it goes with him, doing what he is doing, I do hope it is for the right reason for the Thai people as well as us all. Only time will tell BUT we need to give it time to know if for all or not. When someone is put in a corner they have to fight hard to get out and I see that is what he is having to do.

Genearal P is a manager by exception. When he saw that his 'company' was going the wrong way, he had to intervene.

Take this in a relative way please.

You may be right BUT let's give it time to judge. I hope it is his country and not his company as you say.

Yippee, the foreign news channels are back on air, except CNN of course. I wonder what they were afraid of in the first place. Maybe that they bring Thailand back decades? or that other countries are laughing at them?

Any way, don't you love it when dictators decide what you'll watch, when you'll go out etc.

This news, together with the events at Victory monument today and elsewhere, doesn't look promising for the near future.

There will be hard times ahead.

What was the thing on victory monument about I drove by two times a few 2-300 hundreds standing on bridges with paper notes of something that was unreadable from the car.

Now what happens all depends on what he does...if he set the laws to be the things pdrc had in their reform program and then steps down for an election this can turn out nicely...but now we have to wait and see what he does with his powers.

Suthep never had any reforms..his goal was to get PTP to resign, rightly they did not. Prayuth had no option...he asked them to resign, they said no, he had to coup them. Prayuth was coming into the hot seat one way or the other. The fact the army have committed so many attrocities on their own people and they had been told by the Americans about not couping the last election made them wait until they had no option. They need to be in power at this time..you work it out. What comes very soon will shock the nation

And what do you think does come very soon? It is not clear to me.

The Americans have nothing to do with what the Thai General does, since when have Thailand listened to anyone.

Good luck to Him. He is the Abe Lincoln of Thailand.

I take it he will not be going to the theatre any time soon....??

LOL

And what a surprisingly jolly ending of the first act this would be. .-)

lets get rid of all crap once and for all and most of all Taksin his clan and red shirt thugs

oh you are either ignorant of whats happening here or you just post cr4p.. I will credit you with the first one

lets get rid of all crap once and for all and most of all Taksin his clan and red shirt thugs

oh you are either ignorant of whats happening here or you just post cr4p.. I will credit you with the first one

Surprised at that from a Shitty fan. You weren't glad to see the back of him last time?

Wow 2 years? That's a long time. He will surely put in place a non partisan government for the interim period.

Like to take bet on it. Long time in the planning. Each step is well mapped out. All top positions are taken by military, remind you of anywhere?

All positions taken by military is better than all positions taken by corrupt family!!

This is not surprising given the insanity of the last few years.

Especially after all the talk of dividing Thailand and Civil War.

I can still remember how good it was in Thailand before Thaksin.

The General really needs to rid Thailand of any thing related to Thaksin and the UDD.

Sure, it was a real paradise in Thailand before Thaksin and the "30 baht health scheme." I remember asking a doctor what the Thais did without medical insurance. His reply ... "They die."

Convenientl don't mention Abhisit's FREE healthcare

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Suthep never had any reforms..his goal was to get PTP to resign, rightly they did not. Prayuth had no option...he asked them to resign, they said no, he had to coup them. Prayuth was coming into the hot seat one way or the other. The fact the army have committed so many attrocities on their own people and they had been told by the Americans about not couping the last election made them wait until they had no option. They need to be in power at this time..you work it out. What comes very soon will shock the nation

I believe Prayuth had a choice; he could have let the Senate continue on the track they were headed.

But that would have taken time. Considering the weapon caches found (and their links), Prayuth chose to act quickly and decisively.

Things have been snowballing the last couple of days, and I suspect it's going to get more interesting soon.

Wow 2 years? That's a long time. He will surely put in place a non partisan government for the interim period.

Like to take bet on it. Long time in the planning. Each step is well mapped out. All top positions are taken by military, remind you of anywhere?

All positions taken by military is better than all positions taken by corrupt family!!

The difference is that the corrupt family could have been voted out if enough people had wanted it! The Dems have a lot to answer for

• Like 1

Maybe a non-confrontational protest would be in order. If everyone mailed a pork chop or a shoe to the UAE Embassy until they deport Dr. Thaksin back to his homeland. The whole family could be re-united. Wouldn't that be nice?

Address it to Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra c/o His Eminence The Sultan of Dubai

Posters of your llk must have a very empty library on Thai politics. Thaksin created the problem for himself back in 2004 when he recorder the biggest election landslide win in Thai History. Effectively he was the most popular man in Thailand, people were even hanging his picture over fire place..thats frightening for the establishment, amart, elite whatever you want to call them. Since that time it has been their sole mission to demonise him. Truth he is no more corrupt than Abhisit, Suthep, Prayuth, Anupong, Chuan Leek Pai etc..hes just a dam bit smarter. Hold an election now if you dont believe me...dont come back with vote buying..all sides do it

Thai proverb : "He who has most money wins elections with biggest majority"

Thaksin proved that very easily. Of course he or his family members will win every time. Vote buying isn't rocket science. Its the Thai version of democracy. If Thailand had a half decent democracy we wouldn't be in this mess every 10 years.

If your argument is "every party buys votes" then it follows that the richest guy wins right?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

If it fails to work, this place will become cheaper to retire to tongue.png

I if it fails you might be praying for an air lift out. And if this guy keeps going you will be looking to leave a very nasty place to live as a foreigner. Just an other week to go before he drops his big surprise.

PDRC, TV anti-Thaksinistas, Suthepistas and Yellows wanted reforms, out with YS, block elections and abolish the government, senators, the house et al.

You clamored, ranted and wished it:. There you have it and then some.

Are you guys happy now?

Don't need to say PDRC, anti thaksonite, Suthepists and yellows. 15 principle of democracy supporters will suffice.

Not until yingluck is held accountable for the rice scheme and is jailed for a long time, ohhh and when taksin is in jail took…...Oh and all UDD leaders….Oh and Chalerm….Oh and Plodprasop…..Oh and Tarit….Oh and ahhh forget it..

No I am not happy yet!!!

Would a patient be happy if the doctor only removed half his cancer?

In the light of your disgusting thumbnail earlier today, I would be happy to see you removed.

• Like 1

Maybe a non-confrontational protest would be in order. If everyone mailed a pork chop or a shoe to the UAE Embassy until they deport Dr. Thaksin back to his homeland. The whole family could be re-united. Wouldn't that be nice?

Address it to Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra c/o His Eminence The Sultan of Dubai

Posters of your llk must have a very empty library on Thai politics. Thaksin created the problem for himself back in 2004 when he recorder the biggest election landslide win in Thai History. Effectively he was the most popular man in Thailand, people were even hanging his picture over fire place..thats frightening for the establishment, amart, elite whatever you want to call them. Since that time it has been their sole mission to demonise him. Truth he is no more corrupt than Abhisit, Suthep, Prayuth, Anupong, Chuan Leek Pai etc..hes just a dam bit smarter. Hold an election now if you dont believe me...dont come back with vote buying..all sides do it

Thai proverb : "He who has most money wins elections with biggest majority"

Thaksin proved that very easily. Of course he or his family members will win every time. Vote buying isn't rocket science. Its the Thai version of democracy. If Thailand had a half decent democracy we wouldn't be in this mess every 10 years.

If your argument is "every party buys votes" then it follows that the richest guy wins right?

ANFREL.org stated that the elections were fair and square. I find this source more reliable than any random post here.

• Like 2

PDRC, TV anti-Thaksinistas, Suthepistas and Yellows wanted reforms, out with YS, block elections and abolish the government, senators, the house et al.

You clamored, ranted and wished it:. There you have it and then some.

Are you guys happy now?

Don't need to say PDRC, anti thaksonite, Suthepists and yellows. 15 principle of democracy supporters will suffice.

Not until yingluck is held accountable for the rice scheme and is jailed for a long time, ohhh and when taksin is in jail took…...Oh and all UDD leaders….Oh and Chalerm….Oh and Plodprasop…..Oh and Tarit….Oh and ahhh forget it..

No I am not happy yet!!!

Would a patient be happy if the doctor only removed half his cancer?

In the light of your disgusting thumbnail earlier today, I would be happy to see you removed.

So you cannot rebut the post heay?

What are your thoughts on the 1 principle supporters I mentioned above?

I understand your frustrated that the 1 principle supporters are being held accountable, but please rebut my post so we can have a healthy debate.

That is why I enjoy TVF.

Normally I would object to foreign media being blocked but on this occasion it is a relief not to have the likes of Jonathan Head coming into my living room calling for an armed red shirt rebellion. With any luck the junta will do the farang community a service and boot him out of the country along with his mate Nick Nostitz. They can move in with the Scotch heidbanger, Andrew Mcgregor Marshall, in Phnom Penh and help him make his hysterical diatribes about the royal family less tedious.

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

I don't understand why the general has taken over the senate but I trust he is doing what has to be done for the good of the country and the people.

Well when he left them in I instantly dismissed it as another move in the yellow direction since we all know the senate is yellow so now he gets a bit more credit from me althoug I dont agree with the coup but now he has removed the remaining yellows i am happy. Kinda