Thai coup leader disbands Senate, assumes law-making power

george

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

i said and stand by it almost anything is better than having a one party Taksin state. This time I thick they have learnt and will finally get rid of shins or marganise them.

Id rather live under the general than Takions vile regime anyway. Maybe Thailand needs a dictator for a while.

I believe its simply a caee of learning from last time and this time once and for all getting rid of red shirt thugs and hopefully putting some reforms in place

Well wait and see. I doubt any forang on proper visas or retirement will be greatly affected.

Well done Suphet well done and tough titty to all those red supporters here who thought he could not do it. Looks like he has probably game set and match. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is real opposition on the streets, personally witnessed. Despite their armoured cars and tanks and guns, they may not be able to take away our sons this time. Could this be one coup too many. I pray for peace with justice.

Opposition by students as if they know what is best for the country. Make me smile.

So tell us genius who knows what the country needs. I wish you faced these students and told them your opinion.

• Like 1

Thaksin's son detained by Junta at Don Muang airport today

The General means business. Thaksin's son was involved in criminal activity when he was born into the Shin family dynasty dictatorship.

The news gets better and better.

First, blatantly going against royal instructions and now kidnapping more innocent people. This guy won't last long. International community will step in soon.

ohh please... International Community my A$$

• Like 1

Maybe a non-confrontational protest would be in order. If everyone mailed a pork chop or a shoe to the UAE Embassy until they deport Dr. Thaksin back to his homeland. The whole family could be re-united. Wouldn't that be nice?

Address it to Dr. Thaksin Shinawatra c/o His Eminence The Sultan of Dubai

Edited by ATF
  • Like 1

This is the first coup ever in Thailand where the coup maker hasnt met with HM on live TV to ask for approval.

No joke, its true. Was in The Nation and Bangkok Post today.

There was certainly no stamp of approval in 1932 which has been the most dramatic coup in Thai history, the other 11 plus 9 failed efforts just rearranged deck chairs and who was sitting in which one.

This could well shape up to be as significant as 1932 in terms of fundamentally changing the status quo. Time will tell....

The heir is in England with an entourage of security according to English news...

One has to wonder why ...

The regime also confirmed it had detained former premier Yingluck Shinawatra and scores of other ousted government leaders and would hold them for up to a week as it corralled potential opponents to its takeover.

But they'll have Mercy with them, as all of them never had the chance to sip milk off their moms' tits and are therefore innocent as a prick.

All in all, it's just another prick in the wall...we don't need no education, we don't need no birth control..etc..lease listen to Pink Floyd...

Sorry, if I misspelled some words, as I'm a non native English reader.-wai2.gif

PDRC, TV anti-Thaksinistas, Suthepistas and Yellows wanted reforms, out with YS, block elections and abolish the government, senators, the house et al.

You clamored, ranted and wished it:. There you have it and then some.

Are you guys happy now?

Yes!

The General means business. Thaksin's son was involved in criminal activity when he was born into the Shin family dynasty dictatorship.

First, blatantly going against royal instructions and now kidnapping more innocent people. This guy won't last long. International community will step in soon.

ohh please... International Community my <deleted>

Shouldn't take things so personally…The calls are already reigning down to the Military. The problem is the new Constitution draft already written is not that far off from the current and still includes the UnConstitutional Court to retain a vast majority of power.

Edited by dukebowling

I have a feeling that there is much more to this coup, and today's consolidation of power, than we are being told. sad.png

and you are surprised you weren't informed beforehand because....?.........

A#$ answer if you ask me

So Prayuth has real determination. All the jokes about him only having the nerve for half a coup and the articles about him keeping on the Senate for legislation have fallen flat. He can now legislate by himself like the coup makers in days gone by.

PDRC, TV anti-Thaksinistas, Suthepistas and Yellows wanted reforms, out with YS, block elections and abolish the government, senators, the house et al.

You clamored, ranted and wished it:. There you have it and then some.

Are you guys happy now?

yes very very happy most of you red shirt lot simply have not been around to see what Taksin was doing to this country Ive been here over 30 years and saw writing on wall re Taksin over 10 years ago. Now theirs a Chance the Taksin cancer can be cut out completely and I my this wife and many this friends could not care less what the deluded brainwashed masses want or think.

Rice scam, 1 tablet scam, car (for rich) scam and others. Enoguh was enough

Very happy

• Like 1

RedThroughoutTheLand@UDD_English 1m

I have been hearing from Thai today that his son is behind, paying for, the anti-coup demonstrations today. The speculation included that his name was being banded from news sources. Now Prayut has disbanded the senate, possibly because Thaksin had paid some of them? I suppose it's possible we are watching Thaksin's last stand unfolding.

Heard the same thing. It seems all the signs in English has rubbed a few people the wrong way.

It's really starting to look like Thaksin is a lot more desperate than I thought.

• Like 1

Good time to set limits on terms as well, say two.

What's the point when nobody gets to one?

Great point. This is the problem, let a PM serve their term, then when they screw up, vote them out. This is democracy. Thailand and democracy does not need to start from scratch, it needs to continue through evolution and mistake learning. That was happening until the UnConstitution Court abused its non power.

Edited by dukebowling
  • Like 2

Could Potjaman be far behind?

She should get a bigger sentence for her 60s style beehive hairdos and hideous clothes than for egregious corruption and probably conspiring to cause murder and mayhem.

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information on the internet. I'm afraid our days are numbered.

They didn't cut it last time. Too much stuff depends on it these days, I suppose.

Just the same, one might think of minding p & q's here and not taunt an ultimate authority on a mission, for one thing to quash dissenters. It might not be pleasant for foreigners to go further into the dark ages no matter where they come from, or who they think they are.

Remember, this is Thailand in southeast Asia and not much of a democracy at the best of times, which at the moment is under martial law, with apparently a few points left to be proven and many agree has been a long time coming.

I doubt Thai Visa means a hoot to him anymore than farang internet privileges and can probably figure out a way maintain it everywhere else in the Kingdom without another hassle.

Edited by silent
  • Like 1

First, the General blatantly ignored royal instructions and now is kidnapping more innocent people. This guy won't last long. The international community will step in soon.

Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

Every two days this past week we've had a surprise-Tuesday declaration of martial law, Thursday coup, and today Saturday dissolve Senate, and dump DSI chief and police chief...what's in store for Monday?

RTP disbanded w00t.gif

I sure hope so! That would make me dress in green. :)

Julius Caesar did the same.

Of course, that was 2.000 years ago.

wow Thailand has already caught up with ancient Rome. They are really moving ahead now.

Don't worry Chooka Caesar did not dissolve the Roman Senate so you are still OK.