Thai coup leader disbands Senate, assumes law-making power

george

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dumping Tarit and Adul is a very good move as both are Thaksin sycophants. I am surprised this was not done earlier.

Well done General. Now lock them up and throw away the key.

So what about Suhtep whizz bang,what should they do with him?

Put him out to pasture, of course.

starting to get interesting trying to work out what exactly the general is up to. I was quite happy with what he was doing till this, have to admit I am baffled by this move though but I hope he does have a good reason for it. We can only hope that he is being very even handed and going to try to get a neutral group in control, he has virtually warned the police etc that he will not take any sh*t from them and to do their jobs properly without any thaksin/ptp/red interference. I think tarit may well and truly be on the outer and should be sh*tting his pants as should the beloved ex police boss, both will hate their sucking up to thaksin I think in the near future. Just hope he continues to do what the country needs, lets wait and see.

"even handed" -- what planet are you living on? Apparently, he was the main proponent of the military crackdown on the reds in 2009 and 2010, and considered a hardliner even within the military.

I been here over 10 years and hope I am wrong but this time it is giving me a bad feeling

Edited by hardy1943

I can see the commander being replaced before long a coup within a coup the fan is picking up speed and the S - - T is heading towards it . We have already witnessed discontent on the streets of Bangkok today they in turn will get bigger day by day week by week I for one was hoping that an announcement for new elections would be announced in the next couple of days how foolish I was to think that would happen.

I doubt it, it will take about 12 months before real opposition coalesces. Depending on which media outlet it was - it was either 100, 200 or 300 protesters...... even with such a small number.... they still have trouble counting and agreeing :P

If it fails to work, this place will become cheaper to retire to tongue.png

Zimbabwe might be cheaper still - and for the same reasons, only Robby is better at it (he had more practice!)

It used to be called Rhodesia and that would have been a great place to retire; however, democracy, fair play and political correctness have not faired well since then.

• Like 1

Well this came as a surprise to me, having seen 2 previous coups.

Can only go 1 of 2 ways:

1. FULL dictatorship, very unlikely in these days, but stranger things are known to happen.

2. An honest attempt of the general to make some real changes in Thailand, which are needed.

Time will tell

An honest attempt won't happen. They (he) proofed to be not trustworthy from the day it was said no coup would take place. There is a lot wrong with Thaksin but I trust him more then these High Ranking fellows with material paid by 'their' civilians.

Zimbabwe might be cheaper still - and for the same reasons, only Robby is better at it (he had more practice!)

So why you dont move there? If you feel so bad about Thailand, get a ticket back home or to Zimbabwe

..a wise move if he wants to be seen to be even-handed ( not that I agree with closing legislature)

555555 He's not closing the legislature, you wish! He's going to pass new draconian laws to tackle political corruption. Hopefully Capital Laws. Execution by Fire Ants would be a good one Native American style. 5555555 Shins you're F$%#*^!

• Like 1

Where are the Suthep fans now?

Queuing at the army base to kiss their dear leader's hand for what a wonderful country he has created here. The Shinawatras are gone and everybody is full of joy.

• Like 1

The problem is that by making it impossible to select a representative government, by cracking down on decent etc, pushing along regional ethnic divisions - the only outcome for a long unrepresentative government will just make it more likely of an insurgency or separatist movements to take hold.... Once the dream is created it is dam hard to go back.

Are you suggesting that this move is calculated to ignite the emotions of common folk, that have had six consecutive elections overturned, to react in order to provide justification for militarily neutralizing them in the shadows of press blackouts before they get too organized?

The elected vote was representative on a one vote one person basis. The vote is split along regional and ethnic lines, but overthrowing one corrupt group and put in an appointed but equally corrupt group - you are not fixing the problem you are only going to eventually ignite ethnic and regional divisions to the point where separation becomes a dream which is fought by successive governments using scare tactics.... but that only holds a country together for decades.... and eventually would lead to Thailand fracturing along those lines.

You could hear lots of PDRC members basically referring to stupid buffalo / stupid farmers.....

I have actually myself heard a few CM based redshirts speaking about stupid farmers as well last time I was in CM they where talking about the farmers who joined the ricescam...and had a good laugh about it having a nice breakfast at the Shangri La hotel not knowing that the farang sitting next to them speaks thai...

You missed a perfect chance to have them upchuck their words.... Should have said something like... "Hey can I get your autographs...? <Then> You know.. I have one of the largest Rice Quarrems in the north of Thailand... Now they all know you all by Name! {All said in Thai and as you leave... "Yai de mi...Khrup??} with a smile......

Dumping Tarit and Adul is a very good move as both are Thaksin sycophants. I am surprised this was not done earlier.

Well done General. Now lock them up and throw away the key.

So what about Suhtep whizz bang,what should they do with him?

Put him out to pasture, of course.

Hope they get him another shirt first,that striped one must be a bit on the nose by now.

Where are the Suthep fans now?

Everyone switched sides. Sutheps Facebook lost 300,000 followers in 2 days and the Army page gained over 200,000.

Untill they find out there are now real reforms, they may never have a vote again and that they have been used to create the present situation.
  • Like 1

There is real opposition on the streets, personally witnessed. Despite their armoured cars and tanks and guns, they may not be able to take away our sons this time. Could this be one coup too many. I pray for peace with justice.

still got a couple of water pistols left over from Songkran Huh?

• Like 1

..a wise move if he wants to be seen to be even-handed ( not that I agree with closing legislature)

Ok, now I am worried, seeing as Prbkk supports it.

Scary isn't it? I think the coup was like a knock on the head for Prbkk - He suddenly makes sense!!!