Thai coup leader disbands Senate, assumes law-making power

george

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is real opposition on the streets, personally witnessed. Despite their armoured cars and tanks and guns, they may not be able to take away our sons this time. Could this be one coup too many. I pray for peace with justice.

Personally witnessed? Really? Not just a single lunatic fringe red shirt, like you, going ape sh!t

There was many protesters close to where I live today. In Ratchatewi and the MBK intersection
  • Like 1

starting to get interesting trying to work out what exactly the general is up to. I was quite happy with what he was doing till this, have to admit I am baffled by this move though but I hope he does have a good reason for it. We can only hope that he is being very even handed and going to try to get a neutral group in control, he has virtually warned the police etc that he will not take any sh*t from them and to do their jobs properly without any thaksin/ptp/red interference. I think tarit may well and truly be on the outer and should be sh*tting his pants as should the beloved ex police boss, both will hate their sucking up to thaksin I think in the near future. Just hope he continues to do what the country needs, lets wait and see.

What he is doing could be the best thing to happen to Thailand, could equally be the worst (OK half full/empty) probably a lot more noses being put out of joint before we begin to see the full picture.

All we can do is wait and see what evolves over the next few days/weeks. Or just keep on speculating. It does make some entertaining reading.

jb1

Round up all the foreigners’ next job and put them into special camps that will stop the international media complaints and moaning.

Jim. I guess you are one of those foreigners.

He's cutting out the cancer piece by piece.

He is consolidating power, simple as that.

Long time before you will see any elections here now!

The General said...Elections?...Not before October and may happen during the next 2 or 3 years....

Soldiers have just arrested Thaksin's son !!!

Yee haa !!!!

Soon they will have the whole family except for the run aways.

Just wait and see when the reds win the next elections. Let's see who will do the runner.

He's cutting out the cancer piece by piece.

He is consolidating power, simple as that.

Long time before you will see any elections here now!

The General said...Elections?...Not before October and may happen during the next 2 or 3 years....

He also once said that soldiers are bad politicians and that there would not be a coup.

So many of you cannot accept whats going on here in Thailand. If you feel it's so bad, why not move back to you home country or to Zimbabwe as someone proposed. I'm a farrang work and live in this Kingdom and I do accept if strong measures are taken to root out corruption and any other issues.

We are guests in this country and not citizens. If some cannot accept that fact, they always have the freedom to leave Thailand and settle down in another "paradise".

Ever heard of opinion??

• Like 2

any idea what this means?

RT@tulsathit: A major detention is said to have taken place.

Odd. Surely Sent from my iPhone h using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by pedro01

This is the first coup ever in Thailand where the coup maker hasnt met with HM on live TV to ask for approval.

No joke, its true. Was in The Nation and Bangkok Post today.

There was certainly no stamp of approval in 1932 which has been the most dramatic coup in Thai history, the other 11 plus 9 failed efforts just rearranged deck chairs and who was sitting in which one.

This could well shape up to be as significant as 1932 in terms of fundamentally changing the status quo. Time will tell....

So you call 1976 and 1992 a deck chair rearrangement. whistling.gif

They were certainly messy with events at Thamassat and Black May taking many lives, but what happened to those responsible? Was the leader of the 1992 coup not compensated with control of True telecoms?

Neither event had as great an impact as 1932 and possibly what we are witnessing now if certain possibilities turn out to be correct.

Edited by folium

Posts in violation of the following forum rule have been removed:

1) Do not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban. This rule also applies to links to external websites.

Links to a dangerous article have been removed as per this part of the above rule: This rule also applies to links to external websites.

Yee haa !!!!

Just wait and see when the reds win the next elections. Let's see who will do the runner.

Elections? What elections? There aren't going to be any elections until all the Shin scum is behind bars or worse. Yee Haa!

Edited by ATF
  • Like 2

any idea what this means?

RT@tulsathit: A major detention is said to have taken place.

in the breaking news section...

That you're living up to the description located atop your TVF avatar?

Max Max, please try harder next time. We're wasting time here.. ;)

Yee haa !!!!

Elections? What elections? There aren't going to be any elections until all the Shin scum is behind bars or worse. Yee Haa!

Dream on buddy.

• Like 1

So many of you cannot accept whats going on here in Thailand. If you feel it's so bad, why not move back to you home country or to Zimbabwe as someone proposed. I'm a farrang work and live in this Kingdom and I do accept if strong measures are taken to root out corruption and any other issues.

We are guests in this country and not citizens. If some cannot accept that fact, they always have the freedom to leave Thailand and settle down in another "paradise".

I agree with you. We are foreigners in thailand so we can only accept these changes. Ah well. But I still pray for thailand. Thai people are friendly and nice, just that the political system is not mature yet.