Thai coup leader disbands Senate, assumes law-making power

george

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information and public expression of opinion on the internet. But I guess that would come after the shuttering of the judicial branch of gov't.? I'm afraid our days are numbered.

Y're dumb

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

starting to get interesting trying to work out what exactly the general is up to. I was quite happy with what he was doing till this, have to admit I am baffled by this move though but I hope he does have a good reason for it. We can only hope that he is being very even handed and going to try to get a neutral group in control, he has virtually warned the police etc that he will not take any sh*t from them and to do their jobs properly without any thaksin/ptp/red interference. I think tarit may well and truly be on the outer and should be sh*tting his pants as should the beloved ex police boss, both will hate their sucking up to thaksin I think in the near future. Just hope he continues to do what the country needs, lets wait and see.

It seems, he is cutting off the head of the chicken and letting the monkeys watch. oc

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information and public expression of opinion on the internet. But I guess that would come after the shuttering of the judicial branch of gov't.? I'm afraid our days are numbered.

You're flattering yourself. He doesn't give a crap about the ramblings of a bunch of farang on an expat forum coffee1.gif

This one caught me by surprise -- it looked as though he was going to let it stand since a large number of them were appointed by the right people. I guess he wants people that do exactly what he says. Lets see if he has them report and locks the senators up. Don't like coups at all - but if he actually cracks down on all corruption equally I would change my mind.

Cracking down on all corruption?

How does one become a general in Thailand?

Any proof?

Where are all the middle class expats who have endlessly smeared the government elected by Thai workers and farmers and who have prayed for a demonstration, or the courts, or a coup to end the government. Where are you now that your wish has come true.l

• Like 1

Yet, under the Shins, corruption has soared to unprecidented heights.

Only seems that way because he published the price list....... The elites prefer an MSRP without a published price list tongue.png

I don't like corruption but the Shins did take it to far even for the Thai people. Some Thais even telling me that corruption is a part of "Thai culture"!

As some of my closest Thai friends said when YL was removed as PM:

Before the Shins a normal kick-back was 10-20% and under the Shins it has gone to 50% or MORE!

I know the guy is late 80's but would love to see Thanin Kraivichien back as PM. The last honest politician of Thailand.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Gen P. Is going to pass new laws to get rid of this red shirt scum once and for all. Celebrate!

Yes, let's also get rid of the dark skinned people, and the disabled, and the dwarfs, and the muslims, and the farangs, Anyone who does not agree with us, look like us, think like us...lets kick them out…!

If any of the above are Reds. YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, took the bait, hook, line and sinker…didn't know dictator support was so prevalent with some. War is the only outcome with those that will not compromise. The interesting thing is that the ones with these antiquated views fall in battle and the compromisers remain standing, so it will eventually take care of itself.

• Like 2

Yet, under the Shins, corruption has soared to unprecidented heights.

Only seems that way because he published the price list....... The elites prefer an MSRP without a published price list tongue.png

I don't like corruption but the Shins did take it to far even for the Thai people. Some Thais even telling me that corruption is a part of "Thai culture"!

As some of my closest Thai friends said when YL was removed as PM:

Before the Shins a normal kick-back was 10-20% and under the Shins it has gone to 50% or MORE!

Of course they upped the kick-back rate, why - because they considered it rightfully theirs - you know the old saying, " What’s yours is mine and what’s mine is my own."

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information on the internet. I'm afraid our days are numbered.

They didn't cut it last time. Too much stuff depends on it these days, I suppose.

This coup has few similarities to "last time."

People, good or bas, operate by a certain pattern, modus operandi.

Look at what the illuminati killers do all the time. Same pattern.

So anyone?

was Suthep arrested?

You should read yesterday's BKK Post for the answer.

S straight answer would be quicker.... Or don't you know?

Most people know but they're tired of answering the question.

• Like 2

Hmmm. Not many on here defending the coup now are there?

If the army is a so called dictator, I'd rather have this soft dictator instead of the stealing mob that was called government.

• Like 2

Wow, the guy is really showing his colors, ain't he? A dictator of his ilk won't stand much longer for a free flow of information on the internet. I'm afraid our days are numbered.

They didn't cut it last time. Too much stuff depends on it these days, I suppose.

This coup has few similarities to "last time."

People, good or bas, operate by a certain pattern, modus operandi.

Look at what the illuminati killers do all the time. Same pattern.

Comparing the coup now with the one in 2006 is just not on....this is a dramatically different affair..... And that's just in the first few days.

555555 He's not closing the legislature, you wish! He's going to pass new draconian laws to tackle political corruption. Hopefully Capital Laws. Execution by Fire Ants would be a good one Native American style. 5555555 Shins you're F$%#*^!

America didn't have fire ants till 1929.

Just book your ticket buddy. Negotiations are over!

One, the legislature is disbanded and it's power given to the military. Two Native Indians never executed anyone by fire ants because they were imported into America in the 1920's well after the Indians executed anyone. Three, I'm not your buddy. Four, the real negotiations are just beginning.

Edited by thailiketoo

There is real opposition on the streets, personally witnessed. Despite their armoured cars and tanks and guns, they may not be able to take away our sons this time. Could this be one coup too many. I pray for peace with justice.

Opposition by students as if they know what is best for the country. Make me smile.

I see this as a positive step even though a coup would not be my first choice, the senate was not seen as neutral which is part of their mandate and therefore it was flawed.

Some of the nominated courts are potentially next but similar to my earlier comment even if every partisan voice is is asked to step away for five years to let the country breath, who is left to step in?

It might just be what the country needs, if you want to reboot the matrix delete the compromised and start fresh but are there any rational free voices left?

Thaksin's son detained by Junta at Don Muang airport today

The General means business. Thaksin's son was involved in criminal activity when he was born into the Shin family dynasty dictatorship.

The news gets better and better.

I have been hearing from Thai today that his son is behind, paying for, the anti-coup demonstrations today. The speculation included that his name was being banned from news sources. Now Prayut has disbanded the senate, possibly because Thaksin had paid some of them? I suppose it's possible we are watching Thaksin's last stand unfolding.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

Yes to much is resting on them this time. Under the previous government the rice farmers were going to have to wait for ever to get their money. Now they will have their money in 20days. The government was unable to get it for them. Also they showed no willingness to negotiate a settlement to the dispute that was showing the size of the rift in the population. The PTP had no idea of how many of the common workers were against their corruption and time wasting efforts to white wash one man living in self imposed exile in Dubai. They opened the gates for a kitty cat and got a whole pride of full grown lion's. Even then they were to stupid to see they had to do some thing.

There are things you can dither over for ever as they are not that important but this one was. The Government refused to do any thing about it saying it was illegal to borrow the money. Now it is not. With the power he has taken on you can bet any changes to the constitution will be for the benefit of Thailand not a Politician.

I personally don't care if it is not Democratic. It is for the good of Thailand and that is the most important thing a government of any kind can do.

Of course there are going to be protestors their source of free money just got shut down.

My full respect General Prayuth! Salute!!

We Americans also had One along the same Caliber During the Vietnam War... He wrote a Book "Say No to Retreat!" Nixon tried to have him Killed because he openned doors, that Our Government tried or would have preferred remained shut. He is a receipent of "The Medal Of Honor"

I can see your path... would concider to support if asked, I think many more here would do the same for you... To protect... "Our Families" Most of us know where "Our Jai" is tied.. and why!

I this runs its course and results are as planned... Thailand should also have a "Medal of Honor" and it should be awarded by the Highest Ranking Person in Thailand, We cannot mention his Name of affiliation.... But as an American I would Die to protect him and his Family...

God Speed... General Prayuth!

(Being a Democrat has nothing really to do with the color of your shirt! It stands for doing for the People, what is right,, From the Heart!! Regardless of the cost! Means once there is freedom for the people, Regardless of Political outcome it must be For the people/By the People...))

Edited by davidstipek

Suthep seems a bit odd from what I have seen on television....I am wondering what's going to happen to him in the future???

Suthep's task is done, he is past his Use By date, so can be discarded.

Even his "millions" of supporters have no further need for him now - he was never one of the Elites, never "one of us". He was just a stepping stone on the way to an evolving end-game.

And Suthep now realises this.

• Like 2

Thaksin's son detained by Junta at Don Muang airport today

The General means business. Thaksin's son was involved in criminal activity when he was born into the Shin family dynasty dictatorship.

The news gets better and better.

First, the General blatantly ignored royal instructions and now is kidnapping more innocent people. This guy won't last long. The international community will step in soon.

Edited by dukebowling
  • Like 1

I did/do not understand the Appointment of Senators in a True Democracy. I believe he is infact cutting out the Cancer as deep as needed.

With the new Constitution I hope they do away with that concept. Also, no High Level Management of a company doing business with the Government should be a part of the Legislature/Senate.

Good time to set limits on terms as well, say two.

Hold the course General !!

Jerry