Mom leaves toddler to drown in motel's bathtub while hanging with lover: Thailand

webfact

Mom leaves toddler to drown in motel's bathtub while hanging with lover
By Coconuts Bangkok

tub-wiki.jpg?itok=wuNzQlDB

BANGKOK: -- A two-year-old girl was left to drown in a bathtub in a motel room in Samutprakarn province Saturday morning where her mother had spent the night with a man.

According to the investigation, Benjamin, 40, admitted he was romantically involved with child’s mother (whose name has not been disclosed to the media).

On Friday night, the 30-year-old mother came over from Rayong to meet him with her daughter.

The three of them ended up getting a room at Bangphli Palace Motel.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2014/05/26/mom-leaves-toddler-drown-motels-bathtub-while-hanging-lover

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-05-26

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Total ignorance and lack of common sense on the mother's part.

I'm thinking tha the man..Benjamin, he may well be an expat.......either way....he is also complicit in this tragic incident....

For once, opinions are neither needed nor are hypotheses on what happened. Most can make somewhat accurate assumptions.

Let us respect the little girl's loss, and carry her in our hearts.

Can we, for once?

Let us have 1 minutes silence, in respect of a little one left alone, at 12.00pm

I wonder which wumker will post between 12 and 12.01pm...

Thank you! <3

She left the baby in the bath for minutes while she got dressed.She will be prosecuted I guess but she will live with it for the rest of her life.Terrible accident happens all over the world every day,you cant let those kids out for your sight for a minute but still with all the regulations etc here kids still drown in back yard pools every year

She left the baby in the bath for minutes while she got dressed.She will be prosecuted I guess but she will live with it for the rest of her life.Terrible accident happens all over the world every day,you cant let those kids out for your sight for a minute but still with all the regulations etc here kids still drown in back yard pools every year

I don't believe for one moment, assuming you have a child, that you ever put your child in the bath and walked out of the bathroom. Not for a second.

I would not, but people do. It takes minutes to drown in shallow water. We are humans. Humans make mistakes. We get stressed, tired, forget something for a moment, and when circumstances are wrong chain of events can lead to disaster. We all say "we will never do something stupid", but my guess is that at some time, all of us do. Most often with no consequence, and maybe we never even notice ourselfs meters away from disaster.

If what Mickjn describes is what happend, its an accident. Cause by minutes of forgetfullnes. In my head it is wrong to press criminal charges on someone when the consequence itself will be punishment enough.

Reading you post, I must say.....to stimulate your brains, may you , someday, back bareassed into a cactus.

This one just grabs me....... I have a little one, a little girl and she is two, same age. Not mine by blood, but rather my grand daughter by adoption of the heart. Reading this really put a pain in my heart as I could so associate.

The mother and her friend are , no doubt, responsible. The problem would seem to be endemic as no "what if " possibilities are within the local minds. With little ones like this , you have to be alert at all moments/times/seconds.

Whether you are a believer or not, I do ask God to bless her small but so very and special soul.

May those on this side of the divide see to it that those responsible, are justly and suitable brought to face their penalty.

All our love with you , little one, and may you be surrounded by peace.

I sent prayers to her between 12 and 12.01pm. DUE RESPECT to all for 1 mins silence.

I care not for the accusations or malapropisms directed at the parent/lover, as it is too late for the little one.

I simply hope she is blessed now, and resting in peace.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do parents get charged with negligence in Thailand?

No, apparently manslaughter??

"Police say the mother will be prosecuted for manslaughter. She could face up to at least ten years in jail"

As parents, we can all only hope this is the case.

Such a sad story indeed.

I don't understand what the lover's christian (surname?) has to do with this.

I partially understand why a poster would want a 1 minutes silence for the little girl, but not why he/she would label someone a "wumker (?)" because they decided they didn't want to comply.

I fully understand the tragedy, how a minutes lapse in awareness can lead to death and a lifetime of suffering for the accused.

RIP little one....................wai.gif

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Remove the child from the sexual act was correct.

But she (the mother) should be more careful.

Seriously???

• Like 2

I don't understand what the lover's christian (surname?) has to do with this.

I partially understand why a poster would want a 1 minutes silence for the little girl, but not why he/she would label someone a "wumker (?)" because they decided they didn't want to comply.

I fully understand the tragedy, how a minutes lapse in awareness can lead to death and a lifetime of suffering for the accused.

RIP little one....................wai.gif

1 minute for you maybe, 30 or 40 mins for most who take time to make a loving. whistling.gif

In addition, if you were paying respects for tradgedies such as 9/11 or even Hillsborough, would you be the first to shout out if you didn't want to comply? w00t.gif

Judgmental crowd today, I guess no one here has ever made a mistake that may have led to a tragedy.

Go ahead and cast your stones.

I am a single man who has never had children, and even I know you NEVER leave such a young child alone in the bath.

Why the mother (or her lover) did not know this too leaves me dumbfounded.

An innocent young life lost.

• Like 1

Judgmental crowd today, I guess no one here has ever made a mistake that may have led to a tragedy.

Go ahead and cast your stones.

I am a single man who has never had children, and even I know you NEVER leave such a young child alone in the bath.

Why the mother (or her lover) did not know this too leaves me dumbfounded.

An innocent young life lost.

Thailand is generally lacking in education for child care and basic rescue techniques.

For Example,

A child choking, usual Thai adult response is to run back and forth crying.

Nobody knows to whack them upside down.

Not only that but child drowning is usually completely silent and quite quick.

Have you ever really tried to watch a two year old for an hour, with no attention lapse of two minutes or greater? Almost impossible for most adults.

A tragedy that nobody need to make worse by pointlessly vilifying the mother.

Total ignorance and lack of common sense on the mother's part.

Well surely Benjamin should have known better. I would be suprised if he didn't know where Mum had put the poor little girl.

But of course, sex was on the agenda and the both of them, or at least he, didn't want an audience is my guess.

"Let her play in the bath, and close the door, now come to bed"

• Like 2